Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 08:35 AM   #1  

Angry Thursday 02-12 Chat

Check out this recipe!!!! I got it with an Atkins email......

Decadent Chocolate Cake

With its rich favor and light, airy texture, this melt-in-your-mouth confection makes an ideal chocolate lovers’ dessert. For added sweetness, serve each slice with a dollop of cocoa-dusted whipped cream.

4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
8 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons water
3/4 cup granular sugar substitute, divided
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 large eggs, at room temperature
Whipped cream dusted with unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
metric

1. Heat oven to 325ºF. Grease an 8-inch springform pan, and line bottom with parchment paper; grease paper, and set aside.
2. Melt chocolate, butter and water together in the top of a double boiler over medium-low heat, stirring to combine. Remove from heat, and transfer to a large bowl; cool to room temperature. Add ¼ cup sugar substitute, the cocoa powder and vanilla extract to chocolate mixture, stirring until combined.
3. In the medium bowl of an electric mixer, beat eggs on medium-high until mixture forms thick ribbons when beater is lifted, about 6 minutes. Reduce speed to medium; gradually add remaining ½ cup sugar substitute, and beat until combined, about 1 minute.
4. Stir one-third of the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture to lighten. In two additions, fold in remaining egg mixture until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing top.
5. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until evenly risen and almost set, like a brownie. Cool completely on a wire rack.
6. Run a knife around edge of pan, and remove rim. Serve with whipped cream dusted with cocoa powder, if desired.

Servings: 12
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake/Cook time: 45 minutes

Carbohydrates: 5 grams

Net Carbs: 3 grams

Fiber: 2 grams

Protein: 4 grams

Fat: 15.5 grams

Calories: 165

Last edited by jane8760; 02-12-2004 at 08:37 AM.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:37 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Jane---I got that email also!!! I also printed it. lol. Doesn't it sound yummy??

I managed to get a little more sleep and most often my butt no longer hurts (an occasional twinge here and there). So now I need to get OFF it and start exercising again. I should do the tae-bo instead of the treadmill because I think tae-bo stretches and makes me work out more. The treadmill gets kind of boring. lol. So I'll try and do that when I get home today. Hubby'll be sleeping and the girls won't be here so nobody to pick on me

Hope you all have a great day
Old 02-12-2004, 08:41 AM   #3  
Total Sass Bucket

Chocolate cake sounds YUMMY!!!!!!

Brenda, I'm glad your tush is feeling better. I usually don't get bored on my stair treadmill because I watch TV AND listen to the radio when I'm on it. I must have ADD or something!

Today is the big day..... I am sooo dreading this deposition that it isn't funny. It's not until this afternoon and I'm shaking already. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I have a test tonight in class if I make it there (deposition might run over) and I just don't even know what direction I'm facing. I told the clerk at the gas station to have a good night when I stopped there this morning. And that was after I asked for the wrong brand of cigarettes!!!!!! I can't wait to see how many times I mess up in class today. Should be interesting. As long as I don't start swearing I should be ok.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning,

All's well in my little section of the world today, and yesterday didn't turn out too bad either.

So is Uncle *****y's a resturant? I have never heard of such a name for one. Is the service good?

Brenda I just love the tae bo, isn't it crazy how hard the stretches are? first couple of times I thought my God I can't get by the warm up however will I manage the work out part. Now I have 16 tapes I think, df keeps buying me more off ebay so I don't get bored.

Jane, yup got that one too, I'm really looking forward to losing a little more of this weight so I can moce into maintenace and start having some of the different recepies, in moderation of course

Tummy
Old 02-12-2004, 08:51 AM   #5  

I was surprised that this recipe said it was ok for all levels of Atkins....I just thought it would be a nice treat for our sweeties....and us of course too
Old 02-12-2004, 09:11 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Everyone

Old 02-12-2004, 09:11 AM   #7  

morning all.
That cake does sound yummy.
I bought some pork rinds things yesterday bbq flavour. UM was nice to have that crunch that I haven't had in so long but well lets just say I had to stay close to a bathroom all last night and today isn't looking much better.

Lbs aren't coming down but I am in ketosis and am very late for tom. Symptems are all there so any day and then Iam sure after being pretty good this week I will show a loss after Tom finally arrives.

I did get into a size 14 work pants yesterday. Little snug but I wore them to remind me to be good and stay away from popcorn chicken. Last time I lost I got down to a 12-14 pant so hopefully soon. This summer for sure.

I am off today so will be good for sure. I am going to run to grocery store for some chicken and celery. going to be an in and out of town allday type day as ds went skiing had to be at school before 8. DD is having bf over so getting him at 5. Picking ds up at 8 and dropping of the bf. Then with the trip to grocery store that is 4 trips in and out of town. Gotta love being a MOM.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:29 AM   #8  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning ladies!!!

Oh Jane!!! I am definantly trying that one!!!! How are you feeling today?

Brenda- so happy your tail bone feels better, that is a rough one, it took weeks for mine to heal when i broke it.

Shimma: you go girl!! You can do that deposition no prob!!

LOL TUMMY!! Oh Uncle *****y's is really Uncle Butchy's Low Carb Creations, it was a LC resturaunt that opened up and Star and I are gonna try to go there!

Hi Leenie girl!!!

JJ: CONGRATS on the size 14's GREAT JOB!!!!!!!

Well I am off work earl today, they ship the calls up to the Seatlle call center so we can go to the Convention center for the party!! YIPPEEE I can't wait to wear my new semi-formal dress and shoes!
ALSO...... I am down a pound today!! YEAH ME!! I am so happy I was stuck again but I am off and running now!
Have a great day ladies I will check in later.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:39 AM   #9  

Theo'sgirl: I am feeling fine thank you for asking..... I think the anesthesia is making me still feel a little weird though. The last time I had surgery I came back no problem but since Monday I have felt a little nauseaus and dizzy. Mabye I caught something sitting around in that hospital all freakin morning waiting for the surgeon to show up!!!!!!!!!

Funny story...my husband just called me to let me know the surgeon called the house this morning on his way to the hospital to see how I felt today. When the phone rang that early I guess my dh thought it was a telemarketer so when they asked if Jane was there he responded "no Jane works for a living" The doctor introduced himself and started laughing. Thank God he has a sense of humor.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:58 AM   #10  
Movin' and Losin'

Hello, Atkins Chicks!!

Jane: Thanks for the recipe! It sounds too good to be true. Hilarious story about the doctor calling!

Lady: Glad you got some sleep, and I'm glad that butt of yours is feeling better!

Shimma: I'm sure everything will turn out fine. I always worry too much too, but I've got tons of quotes that boil down to: Worrying doesn't do anything for you!

Tummy: Glad things are going well!

Leenie: Hi! Hope you have a good day! How's the little one doing?

Jjcj: Congrats on the size 14!

TG: OOh! Have fun at your party! I'm sure you'll look fabulous in your dress! You'll have to take pictures and share with us!

Trazzie: Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting that cream cheese pancake recipe. I made them last night, and they are absolutely divine!

I decided I am going to start jogging. I used to jog in college. My roommate and I would jog at least a mile every night. It felt so good, and I was in the best shape of my life! So, I've decided I'm going to try again. For some reason, this scares the crap out of me! But, I've just got to get started. So, I'm going to try today. I'm going to a walking trail/park that is one mile around. Each leg is a 1/4 of a mile. So, I'm going to try mostly walking with a couple of 1/4-mile jogs in there. YIKES! Why am I so scared???

In the last few days, I don't know what it is, but I decided that I needed to really step up my exercise. I just don't want to be thinner. I want to be in incredible shape with nice, defined muscles. No more of this jiggly crap! So, I'm just trying to make myself do some more stenuous activities (like jogging or walking much faster than my usual pace), and get back into Pilates. I just feel like I expected looking fabulous to come easy. So, more exercise for me! No pain, no gain, right?

Oh, I've also been wearing my size 12 Old Navy jeans! The last time I wore a size 12, I weighed a lot less -- maybe 160. So, this gives me hope that I can get into a much smaller size than I've ever been in before! At my lowest weight before (150), I was wearing a size 10. Dare I think I could now get into a size 8 or even a size 6 when I hit 150??!!??

Wow! Lots of blabbling from me today. Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Take care,
Jina
Old 02-12-2004, 11:30 AM   #11  
Head Princess

Hello!

Jane - that recipe looks yummy! Let me know how it tastes! Too funny about your dh and the doctor

Brenda - Go Tae-Bo! I get bored on treadmills, too

Shimma - Good luck on the deposition! I'm sure you'll do just great!

Leenie -

Jjcj - You're doing great! You'll see those pounds dropping soon!

TG - I'm so excited about Uncle *****y's! Anyone else gonna be in the Portland area soon that wants to go? Oh, dh only worked there for a few weeks in the call center. He hated it!

Jina - I'm itching to give running a try, too! It's got to get warmer, though. I'm a cold wimp. I'm totally with you on wanting to be strong and firm and in amazing shape. I don't want to be one of those skinny fat people. You know the ones I'm talking about

So, I feel like I'm either fighting a cold or having allergies. My throat is all itchy. Blech

I found some good recipes on the Atkins website yesterday. One is a Jicama-Orange salad that's very yummy! I wasn't sure about it at first, but now I'm craving it. Good thing it made a bunch! The other recipe is for grilled green and yellow squash with basil. OMG - that was divine! We're having a family dinner at my parent's house on Sunday so I'm making it again then. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm - drooling already!

Now for the big news:

I'm sooooooooooooo happy! Last night on the news, they were talking about a local school district that has set up a formal dress exchange program. Girls can donate their old formals and get other, previously used ones, for $10. It's an awesome program and that way people who don't have hundreds of dollars to spend on prom or homecoming can still enjoy it.

So that got me to thinking about my prom. And then my prom dress. And then I had this undeniable urge to try it on. And OMG - it fit! I didn't have to hold my breath to zip it up or anything! I just started crying and then had to call my mom and dh (scared both of them to death - calling them up crying at 10:30 at night!). I never thought I'd put that thing on again!

In true Princess form, I left it on, put on my slippers and my tiara, and had 2 glasses of wine. I still can't believe it. I'm just all smiley today
Old 02-12-2004, 11:33 AM   #12  
Total Sass Bucket

Holy cow star!!!!! That's awesome!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jdogg: way to go on the size 12 jeans
Old 02-12-2004, 01:13 PM   #13  

Brenda: I just posted my chili recipe on your thread....sorry I didn't see it sooner. Let me know if you have any questions on my recipe.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:49 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 6"

Hi All,

Brenda - Happy to hear your bums feeling better. I know how difficult that can make things.

Jdogg - Your more then welcome about that recipe. I enjoy those pancakes too much to keep it hidden for myself And a size 12! Woo Hoo! You Go! I can't even imagine myself getting a 12 over my knees.

Shimma - Your going to give a great deposition tonight so stop worrying.. you worked hard on it and it will show

Jane - That recipe sounds so yummy, thanks for posting it. I can't wait until I get to the point to try it. I have it all printed and ready to go!

Theo - Way to go on that pound.. every little one counts! Have a great time at your party tonight!

Star - WOW.. you really have a lot to be proud of! Congratulations on your prom dress.. very inspiring.

JJ - Your doing a great job! Size 14 snug or not should tell you that. Keep it up

Today I'm just in the mood to munch. I'm not hungry but I have this desire to shove everything and anything into my mouth. Geesh I'm hoping it's TOM. I haven't felt this out of control since I started. Even with all that... I have stayed OP. Very proud of myself at the moment .
I think I'm going to take a nap and then go pick the kids up from school, come home do the cleanin and jump on the gazelle. Family is having pizza tonight and I was going to make a little pizza out of the crepe thingys but my cheese intake for the day is gone already.. and ya all know .. cant have a pizza without cheese. Soooo.. I have to come up with another plan before then. May the force be with me!
Old 02-12-2004, 02:55 PM   #15  

StarPrincess: YOUR PROM DRESS! Wow.....can I ask how long it's been

Very sad...but I never went to my high school prom. I asked a guy and he said yes but then later changed his mind. By that time everyone else had a date (or maybe I was the ugliest girl in school...but who's story is this anyway )

I do however have a gazillion bridesmaid dresses.....from starting in 1970. I will have to dig up a few and see if I can get any past my big old butt!
I would be happy to just get into my little black dress in my closet. That dress is my nemisis. I am constantly growing into and out of that damn dress. Someday....................
Closed Thread