Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 11:38 PM   #1  

Default WYNONA! on Oprah

I'm surprised to be the first to mention this here, but did anyone see the fabulous Wynona Judd on Oprah today? I am not a fan of country music, but I want to go out and buy a CD since the chance of giving her a giant hug is pretty. . .well, slim.

It was supposed to be the first time ever she has come public with her "weight issues." (that's what they kept calling it.) She was so honest, and down to earth and raw with emotion - I was very moved.

And, having a perfect mother that is thin - well I can relate to that. Of course my mom's not FAMOUS for being gorgeous - she just is to the hundred or so people that know her.

She is working with Bob Greene, Oprah's fitness guy and you know, the personal trainer and chef and blah blah blah. I don't have a problem with all that. If I could afford it, you'd bet I'd get that help. Use the tools in your toolbox I say! (actually, I've never said that before, but I like it!)

Anyway, it was very inspiring that she had the courage to do that. I pray she finds peace and motivation in 'coming out' like this. I want success for Wynona like I do for all of us!

Anyone else inspired?
Old 02-11-2004, 11:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

How funny! I was just going to post something on this. I don't like country music so I'm not a fan, but I think everyone has heard of her. And seen her photo in the tabloids at the grocery checkout, unfortunately.

I, too, was impressed by her honesty and courage in sharing her struggle. And I think that it's true that even though she (and Oprah) has a chef and a personal trainer, she still has to have the desire and the strength to do this herself. You may have a personal trainer, but if you cancel the personal trainer, like she seemed to do frequently, then having one doesn't do much good. And the chef doesn't lock up the kitchen at night so even the famous are still on their own when it comes to their weight loss journey. Still wish I had both, though.

I'm looking forward to seeing how her journey progresses. I think a lot of people could relate to the things she said about lonliness, not being able to manage her personal life while her work life was going well, and not making herself a priority.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:49 AM   #3  
beautiful

(*&%$#$ i missed it!!!!! i was wanting to watch that one so bad! but thanks for posting on it!
Old 02-12-2004, 12:24 PM   #4  

Oh darn, I didn't even know she was on. I love Wynonna and even saw her when she was in concert with Clint Black many years ago. I'll have to watch to see when it will be rerun. Thanks for sharing Angi!
Old 02-12-2004, 01:54 PM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I really like her too. She seems like a very strong woman. I love her energy. Sorry I missed it.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:14 PM   #6  

I like Wynonna, too. She seems like such a real person, you know? Besides her voice, which I love, I relate to her struggle with asthma, since I have it too. I didn't get to see Oprah today, RATS!!
Old 02-12-2004, 10:15 PM   #7  

Wouldn't it be kind of cool if Wynonna found out about 3FC and posted here on the 100 club?
Closed Thread