Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-15-2015, 01:33 PM   #1  
WonderWoman321

S/C/G: 237/204/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Anyone feeling great...until someone reminded you how far you still had to go?

Hi everyone! So it's been such a tough journey so far...waaay harder than ever before! I have been a yo-yo dieter all of my adult life. But I think maybe being in my 30s now means I've got to work a lot harder than in my 20s! Lol!

So I started at my highest weight ever about July of last year, lost 10lbs, then fell off the wagon. Good thing is, I didn't gain anything through March 25 of this year when I started again. I've lost another 21 since then. I'm more active than I've been since college and I'm feeling sooo much better than before! Finally, people are beginning to notice.

This past weekend, I met a "friend" at the gym. We were chatting and I said that I'd broken my personal record on the leg press and was so excited! Not bragging of course, just saying I was happy I'd come so far. Well she replied by saying, "yeah I saw you take a stroll on the treadmill and do a few sets. If you really want results, you should put some hard work in and push yourself a little more." I felt kind of wounded, so I politely said I'm doing more than I was in February! I said I'd lost 21lbs since March 25 and I considered that results! Anyway, more was said, but you get my drift.

I know I shouldn't let that bother me, but I felt so discouraged after that! I started thinking maybe 31lbs wasn't that much because I still had so much more to lose. I started feeling like it wasn't enough, looking in the mirror critically and feeling like my weight loss progress pics maybe didn't look much different. (I attached a few If you're interested).

Anyway this person used to weigh 235 and had their own struggles with weight before!! I hate when people get where they want to be and then feel like they've arrived and lose all compassion for others on the same journey!!! It seems so easy when the goal has been reached and they look amazing. How quickly they forget the fight it took to get there!!!

Anyone else been sabotaged by friends or family? How on earth do you handle that?? 
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150615_131219.jpg (24.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 20150614_005742-1.jpg (36.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 20150607_155116.jpg (17.7 KB, 5 views)
wonderwoman321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Wonderwoman, you look fantastic! And even more, you feel fantastic! I think your friend has the "know-it-all" syndrome, lol! Some people just like to feel important and so they act like they know it all to garner attention and boost up their self-esteem. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with you. You know exactly what you're doing! Just look at you! So keep it up! You look amazing! And please keep updating us here!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 02:04 PM   #3  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

First, you have every reason to be proud of what you do and what you have done! YAY YOU!!!

Second, some people after they have lost weight or gotten fit feel they have the right or the clout to be mean about not 100% effort.

I just blogged about this recently and this notion of needing to be 100% "clean". So, anything that is not absolutely perfect in eating or working out by themselves or anyone else is not good enough. It's disordered thinking.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 02:07 PM   #4  
WonderWoman321

Thank you for the encouragement, Jacqui D! hey, I think you're right about the know-it-all thing! That made me laugh! This person is like that in several other areas and very competitive. So that does make sense!
You and I are pretty close to the same height and have a similar goal, so I'd love to hear about your progress too! Thanks again, and keep being awesome.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:12 PM   #5  
WonderWoman321

Hi Berryblondeboys. it's so nice to know someone else understands! I've never thought of that as disordered behavior, but that definitely makes sense! I'm going to check out your blog post about it too.
Thanks for your response.