Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 08:17 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Wednesday 2/11

Well, once again I was tired but didn't sleep worth crud. And woke up w/more energy than I did before I started this WOE.. But dang I miss my sleep! lol. Hunters' Safety went as well as expected last night. It was the easiest class. It's the REST of them that'll be hard. So for the next 10 weeks DD and I will be learning gun safety. She already has homework for it (being an adult I don't have to do it)
The 2 pounds that "mysteriously" appeared have dropped off. I'm glad about that one. Hoping another 1 disappears just for good measure I was OP yesterday and Monday. And not even feeling hungry. I have to force myself to eat. Sometimes hard to do!! It is (again) snowing here (blah!!!). My tailbone is still smarting--but at least I can walk now w/out looking like I have a stick up my butt Tonight is Brownie night so we get to watch the rest of the "CATS" musical. One of the easiest meetings I've prepared. lol

Hope you all have a great day
Old 02-11-2004, 08:37 AM   #2  

Good morning Brenda. I too didn't sleep worth crap the last few nights. A husband that snores like a buz saw doesn't help that's for sure. I should take stock in an ear plug company

I am back at work..not too many emails or phone calls to return. That's a relief. Now it is just on to the billions of phone calls I promised to make today when I returned.

I sucked it up and weighed myself today after my weekend of debautchery (sp). Up 4. I deserve it.....so back to plan to get it off. I can't exercise for 4 weeks and I was really going to start doing something. I am supposed to call the surgeon in 2 weeks and I am going to ask him if I can at least walk my 2 miles if I didn't push it too much. Hopefully he says ok. I want to get into the 150's in the worse way. My target date is fast approaching.

Brought some chicken tenders with wing sauce on them for lunch today...it was only 1 carb for 1 tsp...shouldn't be too bad. Cooked them on the grill last night. With a little blue cheese dressing Jane should be happy today.

Hope you all have a great day...I will check in more later.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning Brenda, glad your behind is feeling better, no one likes to look like they have a popsicle stick wedged up there .

And to Jane from yesterday, it was unacceptable, very sorry, will try and do better . I'm a social worker for adults with mental disabilities and behavioural disorders. I forgot to answer your question. I have some that are dual diagnosis, but all have mental diabilities. Finding that a lot more are entering the system with FAS/E. I swear, if there was any doubt what drinking does to these children, and to think we're supposed to be a smarter more enlightened generation. It's becoming very challenging work, most of my new cases have anywhere from 3-5 diagnosies, very tricky. So what area are you in?

TG, I know the feeling, if you come in late it does feel like you're all alone in the universe. And since we're all here from support and a little TLC, I'll make sure I check yesterday's before writing in the daily.

Off to work today, would love to sit on my a** today and well, I guess I can't eat bon bons, hmmm. Having a very lazy day but I'm sure it'll pick up in no time.

And the last (hopefully) thing I have broken this week, drum roll.............
my blowdryer! I can live without tv, a computer, even underwear but not the blowdryer for the love of God! (And yes, I do have some hair vanity issues, which may require therapy at some point.)

TTFN, gotta go figure out what kind of ponytail looks most professional, hmmm

Tummy
Old 02-11-2004, 09:01 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick hello

Leenie
Old 02-11-2004, 09:07 AM   #5  

Good morning everyone!
Brenda- I'm sorry that your not sleeping better, maybe you can sneak in a little nap today.
Jane- Take it easy, your body really needs the rest after having surgery. I'm sure you'll be able to exercise soon enough. Your chicken tenders sound absolutely delicious! What kind of wing sauce? Don't think I've ever had it before.
Tummygirl-Sounds like you have a very interesting/challenging job. I've worked with adults like that before, and was also raised with two uncles that have mental and behavioral disorders. Keeps life interesting, thats for sure.

I woke up today, and had a great big glass of water! No soda, lol. I'm feeling great today and just want to brag a little. When I started on this WOE I went to the store and bought myself a new pair of jeans in a size 20, thinking that I would keep looking at them and how much I want to wear them. Just a silly little goal. I've been wearing very tight 24s for the last couple of years. Yesterday my DH came home from work and asked how much I've lost so far. I told him I didn't know, I wasn't brave enough to weigh myself yet. He then told me, you don't have to weigh yourself but I bet those new jeans will fit you. I didn't believe him, but I tried them on, and they zipped right up! No laying on the bed to zip and button, no jumping up and down to get them up all the way, and best of all they were comfy! They weren't so tight that my belly was hanging over, lol. I fit into size 20's!!!! So, I still haven't weighed myself because I've said that this WOE isn't going to be about my weight. But, about being healthy and happy with myself! I'm happy today!!
Old 02-11-2004, 09:08 AM   #6  

Hi Leenie, missed you there! Hope you have a great day, and aren't too busy!
Old 02-11-2004, 09:14 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hey look at this cute site... bet you could tweek the recipe's to fit LC.

Hollywood CookBook

http://www.scrumptious.com/
Old 02-11-2004, 09:28 AM   #8  
Total Sass Bucket

OOOOOH, I sooo just posted a long message... but the evil internet wizard zapped it!!
In short, hello to all!
Old 02-11-2004, 09:33 AM   #9  
The Princess O' Pets

Thanks for the understanding Tummy, I always try to read the previous days too cause I don't want to miss anyone who might have posted at night. I have just felt like "dang no one wants to talk to me" even when I post during the day no one says a thing.....its like its not there. So I have kinda (like Jane) been feelin' a little left out in the 3FC universe. So thanks Tummy for saying you understand and for the support......

Well we are outta training at work and moving on to the phones, it was scary yesterday, but after the 1st call it was ok. I have been staying on plan and I am gonna weigh in this weekend. I need to get to work on my St paddy's challenge!!

Have a great day!
Old 02-11-2004, 09:41 AM   #10  

Shimma: I've had that happen so many times now I lost count.

Leenie:

nutski: I can't remember the name of the sauce...I will check when I get home. Most of the time I use Franks Red Hot...but this one was recommmended by a friend. I just took the tenders and let them sit with some of the sauce on them for a while then cooked them on the Weber. If you like real wings I'm sure it would be better...not a wing fan...love tenders.
I know the label said it was <1 gram for 1 tsp...I just poured some over a whole pack of tenders...probably about 4 tbs. There are enough tenders for 3 meals...so I guess it would be about 1.5 grams per meal. I am going to count it as 2 to be on the safe side. I may have been more heavy handed with the sauce than I thought.

Tummy Girl: I am not a social worker but I do work with adults with mental and behavioural problems Sorry....couldn't help myself. I am a software installer who trains people on using a medical software package. I have been doing this for over 8 years now. Some people are definitely computer challenged.....my husband included!

lady_adnerb: Congrats on the 2 pounds Is your family big hunters? I'm a burb girl so I am not but I have a brother who lives in Maine and he loves to hunt...thankfully he never gets to kill anything.

Theo's Girl: Sounds like a bunch of us have had the same feelings.... You always think you are the only one and isn't if funny when you find out your not! Takes the wind out of the sail I always say. Glad your training is done...when I started in this business I had 11 weeks of classroom training...If I never have to do that again I will be a very happy girl. It was ****.

Last edited by jane8760; 02-11-2004 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:15 AM   #11  
Head Princess

Hey all! Sorry if I've been neglegent. My internet browser isn't working at home so once I leave work, that's it! I do read the posts the next morning, though.

TG - Glad training is over! Did I mention that dh worked there for a short time when it was still Direct TV? Weird, huh? When do we get to go to Uncle *****y's??? Anxious Star over here.

I just have a few minutes, so I can't address everyone. I'm in a total fat groove. I feel bloated and puffy and I'm not sure why. I'm getting lots of exercise, drinking around 3 liters of water a day, and blech! It's not TOM either. I'm hoping the feeling will go away soon.

DH doesn't start work until 10 tonight so I'll get to have a nice evening with him and then go to bed early for a change! I'll be getting up at 5, which is about when he'll be getting home so maybe that means breakfast. Wa-hoo!

I think I'm still all high because of my freedom of the evil co-worker.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:54 AM   #12  
Total Sass Bucket

Question: When ya'll started Atkins, how many of you had DH's or boyfriends that started with you???

I'm still mad at the internet monster for stealing my morning post so I'm keeping it short! Hi everyone!
Old 02-11-2004, 01:45 PM   #13  
Head Princess

Not me! DH keeps saying he's going to start since he's getting a beer belly, but he always wants to do something first. Have a Krispy Kreme donut (we live right near one, but he won't stop), have some Mississippi Mud (black and tan beer that we'd have to special order), blah blah blah. He's very supportive of me and if I ask him not to have something around me, he respects it, but I really don't think he has the desire or discipline to change his lifestyle.

I'd much rather have him doing his own thing and being supportive of me than trying to do this with me and talking me into being bad because he wants to be.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:49 PM   #14  
Baby Steps

Shimma--my DH went on Slimfast. And of course hes' lost weight. GRRR. My sisters joined about a week after me. One is now doing (last I heard anyway) SouthBeach and the other keeps jumping on and off Atkins. Both have like 5 pounds to lose. My mom joined about a week after me. Shes' lost about 10 pounds---but hasn't lost anymore since I've last heard. I'm kind of on my own in this house--which makes it hard w/kids and DH eating the junk food and stuff.

Star--go ahead and celebrate not having evil co-workers around and enjoy your time w/DH tonight

Jane--glad you're not too far behind at work. Hopefully your DH stops snoring soon so you can get some rest

Theo's Girl-- good luck on the weigh-in and have fun w/the phones. lol

Leenie---

Nutski---congrats on fitting into the jeans. Isn't that a great feeling? I've got some size 12's I still can't fit into Hoping that changes soon. Not sure why they don't fit but my levi's do. Weird huh??

Anyone I missed:
Old 02-11-2004, 02:59 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Everyone.
Today I woke up feeling great! I jumped on the scale since it's WI day for me and I'm down another 3. YEAH ME!! So.. being all happy and energetic I skipped off to work and then preceded to have one of the worst days. Geesh anything that could go wrong did! But now I'm home and I still have some time to relax before the family gets here. So I'm all better

Jane - Maybe we should throw our husbands together and see if they can get a good nights sleep I swear DH can make the widows vibrate at times.

Nutski - YOU GO GIRL! I havent been daring enough to try on my size 20's. I'm just happy in my 22's at the moment. It's been long enough since I could fit into them and still breath.

Star - Please tell Mr. Mucus to come pick up his brother. He make me ill today Hope you get your browser fixed. I swear sometimes modern tech. (made to make our lives easier) just complicates them even more.

Brenda - I started Atkins a week after my sister.. she lost 5 pounds and is now back to eating whatever. Mom started a week after me.. She's doing great, we like to exchange recipes we find, tho her tastes are far from mine Other then that I'm on my own with DH and kiddos. They are supportive of them but I know the feeling of them and their junk foods.

Shimma- First thing DH said to me when I told him I was starting this was. Ok if your going to do this I'll support you.. but just remember we (he and kids) still want our carbs!

Theo - I always read your posts but never got around to replying to them. I apologize, It wouldn't have taken to much to throw a few words your way. Good to hear your out of training, I always hate that. I like to go into something knowing what I'm doing.

Tummy - Have you broken a mirror to set this all off or are you just a natural walking ebomb Hope your bad luck is over and your hair didn't frizz

Leenie - Hi Hi
Closed Thread