Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 07:09 AM   #1  
baygurl

S/C/G: 326/See ticker/170

Height: 5 9

Talking I Finally Started

Well,it is day 2 of the rest of my life.I tried yesterday to eat sensibly,I had breakfast for the first time in ages,and managed to drink6 glasses of water yesterday which is a feat for me,I never drink.
I found though that drinking the water made me hungry,I had a taste in my mouth all day and suffered from heartburn.I also had the feeling like there was a lump in my chest almost felt like I swallowed food and it did not go all the way down.Anyone else experience this?
I stopped in Curves last night and I have my consultation tonight.I must say though I was quite surprised at the lack of equipment they have,I was hoping for exercise bikes and treadmills.Most where just jumping on the spot.I have pain in my lower back(due to my weight most likely)and cannot walk very far without severe pain.I planned to use a bike or other equipment that wouldnt put the strain on my back until I lost some weight and could do some walking,but I will go tonight to see what they have to say.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:53 AM   #2  

as for the heartburn, bad taste in the mouth and a feeling of a lump in your stomache is probably GERD (gastroesophogial reflux disease) Very common in overweight people i suffered for years with it an since losing weight i do not anymore. My mom had the same thing and since her weightloss she was able to stop taking prilosec. But the symptoms you describe are exactly the symptoms of that. If its really bothersome try the prilosec OTC. You will need to take it for a week to really see a big difference.
Closed Thread