Old 05-11-2015, 06:51 PM   #1  
300+ Chick

Smile Anyone Doing Wheat Belly?

I had started this weekend and am loving this plan...low carb way of eating and not tracking carbs!!! I have energy and so far so good have not cheated on binges..I also noticed a tiny bit pain less sciatica..I truly am convinced now thar carbs hinders my joints..I shall continue on doing Wheat Belly and become pain free and thinner in the coming months!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 04:39 PM   #2  
300+ Chick

I am enjoying this low carb lifestyle, especially I do not need to track carbs or anything. I am eating plenty of veggies now and my energy is so good. I am avoiding diet coke, coffee and now drinking plenty of homemade unsweetend iced tea.. I do use equal..

Now I am becoming patient on the scale and do a weekly weigh ins..Sunday is my day to peak. I like to think big and hoping on losing 6 Lbs on my weigh in this weekend.

My medical doctor once told me since I do not do diet pills or surgery...Her words of top foods to avoid...rice, breads/rolls..potatoes, pasta..but never listen to her and Now I am..and never going to back to my old habits ever again.

I have sciatica( pain in butt) Not fun..and this low carb am taking better help me on my pain free journey..that is what I care most about. My goal is to loose 50 or 60 Lbs end of 2015 and see how my butt heals up ..I am on a misson!!

Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 05:47 PM   #3  
Started 4th of July

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Height: 5'6"

I don't know exactly what Wheat Belly is but it sounds low carb for sure.
I'm going to look is up. Yeah on feeling good!
FinallyFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Liliann, good for you! It's great that you've found out that low-carb works best for you! I am doing a modified version of the slow carb diet and it's very similar to the wheat belly diet, only I get a cheat day each week when I can eat anything I want, including wheat and other grains. I know wheat, whatsoever, is a big no-no on the wheat belly diet. I agree with you that carbs can affect one's health. I have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalsia and I have less inflammation when I stick to my diet. Anyway, I just wanted to pop in and say good job and good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:08 PM   #5  

Hi Liliann,

I stopped eating carbs and sugars about 10 days ago (other than whatever is in fruits and veggies) and lost 8 pounds in five days...and haven't lost anything other than tenths of a pound since then. Someone gave me a copy of Wheat Belly last weekend and it has really made me want to stay wheat free. My cravings are gone, my clothes feel better but I'd really like to keep losing weight and it seems like I'm plateauing on that unfortunately. That, and the fact that I love carbs even though they make me feel bloated and icky if I'm being honest about it (definitely an addict) makes me worry I won't be able to stick with it.

Good luck to you on your journey!

Fraggle
Fraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 11:59 AM   #6  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliann View Post
I had started this weekend and am loving this plan...low carb way of eating and not tracking carbs!!! I have energy and so far so good have not cheated on binges..I also noticed a tiny bit pain less sciatica..I truly am convinced now thar carbs hinders my joints..I shall continue on doing Wheat Belly and become pain free and thinner in the coming months!!
Hi Liliann...
I hope you're still enjoying the Wheat Belly diet... it's such a great concept... I realized about 6 years ago that I'm gluten sensitive & gave up wheat, & that was way before I ever heard of Dr. Davis & Wheat Belly... I had been noticing that if I ate bread or other wheat product more than one day in a row, my face was puffy & I just felt blah... I think I was more open to the idea than some people might've been because my daughter-in-law has celiac sprue... I saw her doubled over in pain before she was diagnosed, every time she ate (what most would consider) normally... anyway, for me giving up wheat stopped the blah feelings & my face returned to (almost) normal... so, I decided to take it further & started the Ideal Protein diet (low carb, low fat) & lost 70 lbs. in about 6 months... then life got crazy & stayed that way for too long (including the loss of my daddy 3 years ago) & the diet flew out the window & I gained back about 40 lbs... since then, I've tried to keep from eating wheat, but it's just so addictive, I'm afraid I haven't been very successful...

I've thought about starting Ideal Protein again, but I first need to get a handle on my wheat addiction... when I saw your post, I was encouraged... I woke up this morning with a puffy face & achy joints after having a few little cupcakes yesterday... they weren't even that good, so why did I eat them?.. I'm ready to throw off this burden...

Hugs to all.....
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 12:50 AM   #7  

Sad to say I haven't been very successful in giving up wheat since my last post... I can go a day or two, but it starts calling to me from the store shelf & if I try to pass by, it grabs me by the ankle & won't let go 'til I snatch it up & throw it in my grocery cart... then when I get home, it's a free-for-all, gobbling up every last crumb of my grainy drug of choice...

I've spent many years thinking that the indigestion/tummy discomfort I feel after I eat a sandwich came from whatever meat or cheese I had put in it... but today it finally dawned on me that it was the BREAD!!!.. I don't have indigestion when I eat the meat &/or cheese without the bread, so why didn't I make the connection before?..

I hate to have to use willpower to stick to a diet, but this calls for super-power... tonight anything with wheat is going out to the dumpster... let those nasty wheat products wail at me in the store all they want... I won't listen, I won't let them grab my ankles, I won't even look at them... I'm ready...

hugs.....
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote