Old 02-25-2015, 10:15 PM   #1  
Misfit to Ms. Fit in 2015

Smile Looking for a Small Support Group

Hello All,

I am new to the forum and hoping to build a small support group following a LCHF plan.

Several years ago, I lost very well on a LC plan and I had a nice group of about 8-10 people that I chatted with almost daily and it was just so helpful and encouraging. I would love to have that again. I have joined a few LC Facebook pages, but it just isn't the same.

A little about me - My name is Elle and I live in Ohio. I ultimately would like to lose over 100 lbs. I am hoping to lose a large amount of that before this year ends. Bit of a shy person, but coming out of my shell. I really enjoy getting to know people and becoming friends and supporting each other.

I will officially be getting started on Monday (March 2nd), so I hope to hear from a few you.

Last edited by CyndiM; 05-03-2015 at 07:03 PM. Reason: removed link
MsFit2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:41 PM   #2  
Started 4th of July

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello MsFit,

How are you doing? Are you still looking for a group? I'm in if you are.
FinallyFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 90.9/88.6/80

Height: 163cm

Me too
Jodaleeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 04:25 PM   #4  

Me three...I just started five days ago and could use the support to keep going. Don't want to bore/annoy my friends and family.

I'm new to the site, how do we go about doing that, by continuing in this thread or having some kind of private chat thing?
Fraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 05:08 PM   #5  
Started 4th of July

Hey welcome aboard Fraggle,

What ever you want to do, but it would be nice to keep this little thread going. There aren't many posters here.

Joda,,,,check in,,,,we have a new person! LOL

Well Fraggle what are you doing on your diet.

I'm doing IF right now and trying to stay keto in my window.
Old 05-10-2015, 01:18 PM   #6  

Thanks for responding! I sort of fell into this way of eating, I pulled my hamstring last week and as an older person who carries more weight than I should I decided to drop carbs so I didn't explode while I couldn't exercise. It's now a week later and I've dropped 8 pounds. It was pretty astounding so I'm thinking I should stick with it.

Don't know much about it, though, what's IF and what does it mean to stay keto?
Old 05-11-2015, 06:41 AM   #7  
Started 4th of July

Hi Frag,

Sorry to hear about your accident and glad to hear about your resulting weight loss.

Well Just staying in a ketogenic state, which is fat burning. When you get your carbs low enough that your body starts burning your fat instead of sugars. Go to you tube and look up ketogenic diet. There is much info there. But usually about 30 grams and below will get and keep you in Ketosis. I'm a ballparker with my carbs, I should probably count them more carefully. Do you know how many you eat now. Some folks can eat up to 50 and still be in ketosis.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:02 PM   #8  

Gosh, that's too much work for me. I'm still sticking with it but the weight loss has stopped, though it's staying stable. I'm still feeling good - clothes fit better, cravings have stopped - but sure wish I could lose another 10 pounds!
Old 05-14-2015, 02:23 AM   #9  
Started 4th of July

how many carbs are you doing, do you count them, or ball park therm?
Old 05-19-2015, 03:33 PM   #10  

Neither. I just cut out bread products, pasta, rice, potatoes, etc. I figure whatever I'm getting from fruit (berries), vegetables, meat, nuts and dairy is negligible.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:59 PM   #11  

Default crystal3

May I join your support group. How many do you now have? I am on a low carb diet, but not extremely low. I think I get about 50-70 a day and about 1080 cal a day. I need to get more accurate with my counting but I am losing weight. I have lost 10 lb's and am not sure how much I really want to lose. But for the first time this hasn't been hard for me to stick to. I don't know if I'm in ketosis or not, I intend to get some keto sticks tomorrow and be able to tell. This is my first message to this or any group but I do know how important support is. thanks for listening and let me know if I can be part of your small group. what is LCHF diet? don't know what the HF stands for. Also what is IF diet? Thanks.

Last edited by crystal3; 06-02-2015 at 06:11 PM. Reason: adding info
crystal3 is offline   Reply With Quote