Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 07:37 AM   #1  

Default IP Community Weekend Chat May 8-10

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Here are a couple "older" .pdf files of many of Rainbow's recipes: Rainbowsmiles Recipes
and Rainbows IP Inspired Alternative Recipes

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Link to a pdf of the doctor's book here.
Note: this is not the same as the current IP plan.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:38 AM   #2  

oh my! TGIF! It's been one of those weeks. Crunch time for me.
Perfect time to have the clean P1 feeling.

Last edited by lisa32989; 05-08-2015 at 07:38 AM.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning!

Lisa, I hope you have a great weekend recovering from your week

Loser58, there is a breakfast worksheet linked here that is really helpful, I plugged different combinations into MFP to see what fit.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-threads.html

I don't know how to link stuff, so I just copied and pasted the address when I go to the page. But you can navigate to it from the daily chat, it's in one of Lisa's stickies at the top:

IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads and it's the second post (sewmam) called: Phase 3 Worksheet.pdf

Hope that helps and congratulations getting to Phase 3
Old 05-08-2015, 10:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Those who use Nashua Nutrition for alt-products - Mothers Day special
Use code MOM49 & get free shipping on orders over $49

Just stocked up for the upcoming weekends away form home
Old 05-08-2015, 10:46 AM   #5  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

My experiment starts today. Husband will be away for 2.5 weeks and I am going to I think this week - tonight - make a 2lb batch of crack slaw (4 days worth of dinners) and then some other easy to reheat slaw for the other 3 days. Week 2 straight protein and veggies at dinner. WF dressing yes, but no other legal "sauces" that I make up. Hubby, who has lost about 40 lbs to my 28 in the same amount of time, likes his food with all sorts of additions. All legal but maybe they do add up in the long run thus the experiment.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:50 AM   #6  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Happy Friday everyone! Hope it's a good day for you all.

Be adventurous - plan something different for the weekend.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/174/150

Height: 5'4"

TGIF!

Hello to everyone. I haven't posted in a few days but I'm still around. It's another beautiful day in the Washington DC area so that means another day of gardening, the never-ending chore! We got pummeled with rain two days in a row and it got my azaleas somewhat, but the rhododendrons are opening and all of my grandmother's irises are still upright and beautiful! I love this time of the year.

My weight seems to have dropped some but I won't post it until my official WI. I purchased some Natural Calm yesterday and started off slow--just 1/2 teaspoon at night per instructions. This is for constipation and the Natural Calm was recommended by fellow IPers--thank you! I do need to make sure I can take it as I am on a blood pressure med so I will run it by my coach and the nurse practitioner at the clinic.

My youngest son graduates from college next week. Yippee!! He just completed his thesis so it's official! Wow, can't believe it! Where did all those years go? I will be an empty nester, perhaps. He and a fellow student founded their own company and I'm not sure where they'll be living. But I am looking forward to all the celebrations next weekend. Unfortunately the restaurant we made reservations at months ago now posted they will will a fixed price/limited menu on graduation day. The food I had identified as IP-compliant is no longer available so I will call ahead and see if they'll be able to accomodate me. They do have salmon and a pan seared bass on the menu, accompanied with veggies so, at worst, I can have that. I'll figure it out and won't stress!

We will have a lot of events related to the graduation coming up--receptions, parties, etc-- at our home and at the university. Unfortunately I cannot fit into the outfit I had hoped to wear on grad day but that's okay. I'm still losing weight, still focused, and still committed to this diet. It's just going slower than most people but that's life!

Congrats to everyone who is experienced continued IP success. The 2015ers seem to be doing well! I keep reading everyone's posts and always 'root' for you!!

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by SusieCJ; 05-08-2015 at 08:14 PM.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 232.8/See Ticker/175

HAPPY Friday, but Most important
Happy Mother's day to all the wonderful mothers who still manage to feed their kids and are going strong on IP!
Have a great weekend everyone!!!!
Old 05-08-2015, 12:21 PM   #9  

Good luck the next few weeks Great Dane and how you have some fun with your changes - always I think good to have a change in routine, makes you break out of habits like you're doing, for me on P1 it seemed good to just give the body change sometimes, add some restricted, subtract some, change up some veggies sometimes, etc.

Great to hear from you Susie, glad to hear you are well

Amanda my adventurous thing this weekend is I am going to an all day costume dance meditation party - It's fun for me to dress up and dance with everyone. It's a high energy day and everyone ends up wearing tennis shoes with their outfits and jumping around a lot, it's a big room and nice to move around like that. Sometimes I talk myself out of it, because the introvert part of me sometimes just needs a quiet weekend to decompress, but yesterday some friends offered to come pick me up on their way and I decided "just go Amber" and now I'm really glad I am. I'll decompress the opposite way.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 05-08-2015 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:15 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I laughed at the costume dance meditation party reference, Amber! DH & I love music & dancing of all sorts, we often go to music festivals or Folk Music Society sponsored bands and events around here. One I went to was very 'alternative/hippie/backwoods lifestyle'... Old scrawny wrinkly vegan (I'm only assuming about the vegan part here, but he was very lean) -and his similarly looking wife/SO- dressed in bright purple lycra tights and a flowing gauzy tie-died skirt with no shirt, twirling with arms uplifted and leaping about. At least she had a sleeveless tank on... Another guy at this same event had a string-knitted-vest style suit made of duct-tape and wore huge earmuffs. Everything from contemporary North American First Nations music (it was on a reserve), to reggae, to Brazilian capoeira, to South African townships music, Australian aboriginal music, etc. The people watching was the best part.

Have a fun time and laugh lots!
Liana
Old 05-08-2015, 01:23 PM   #11  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

I have a question for all those who use MFP, Have you gotten the little add to go to the premium subscription? If so have you paid for it? I can't find too much info about what they include for the premium membership, but if there is no more scolding for being under the calorie limit an the "If you continue to eat this way, in five weeks you could weigh ___" I would be willing to pay for it.

Anyways not yet my weekend but I hope everyone has a great time out and about.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:28 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Re: MFP from what I can tell there is just a few things that are different...like if you do 80/20 or take a fasting day or carb cycle you can set your goals up for the different days as a program instead of having to change it or ignore it for the 'other' days' goals.
You'll probably still get screamed at - lol. This IS a VLCal diet. Not worth it for me...

Liana
Old 05-08-2015, 01:39 PM   #13  

Thank you Liana I think it will be fun! Nice to just be out of the usual routine and move about in a different way.

I hope everyone has the weekend they wish. So many changes happening. Many thoughts to those with close family members who have passed away.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:23 PM   #14  

Loser58
I hope you saw the links I posted for you in yesterday's weekday chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
My experiment starts today. Husband will be away for 2.5 weeks and I am going to make a 2lb batch of crack slaw (4 days worth of dinners) and then some other easy to reheat slaw for the other 3 days. Week 2 straight protein and veggies at dinner. WF dressing yes, but no other legal "sauces" that I make up. Hubby, who has lost about 40 lbs to my 28 in the same amount of time, likes his food with all sorts of additions. All legal but maybe they do add up in the long run thus the experiment.
That works so well for me. I make big batches of things so I don't have to cook so often. Then I have healthy "heat and eat" options.
If things are freezable, I even make bigger batches (taco meat for example)!

And some people definitely do better with the additions than others.
But guys will ALWAYS lose faster. It's just a fact. It's the testosterone.

You're doing really well. Keep it up!
Old 05-08-2015, 02:54 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
I have a question for all those who use MFP, Have you gotten the little add to go to the premium subscription? If so have you paid for it? I can't find too much info about what they include for the premium membership, but if there is no more scolding for being under the calorie limit an the "If you continue to eat this way, in five weeks you could weigh ___" I would be willing to pay for it.

Anyways not yet my weekend but I hope everyone has a great time out and about.
MntRose - yes, I have noticed this change over the last week. I peeked at the premium subscription - $50 for a year. I *might* consider paying if it came with a guarantee that the products / foods I select are 100% accurate and verified, otherwise, the additions don't seem worth it to me.

I do like the new macro's and wonder if those will stay or if they are a tease to get you to buy in...if they go away, oh well, no big loss.

I've also been irritated with my iPhone MFP app as I have it set up to sync with my "health" app, which tracks exercise, and it seems to be taking 24 hours to sync since the upgrades went into place
Closed Thread