Old 05-02-2015, 02:29 PM   #1  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Default May Chat!

Welcome to May Everyone!

I hope no one minds that I started a new thread for the month... I just rejoined WW a couple of weeks ago, but I've done it in the past and done really well with it, so I'm hoping for a repeat performance...

I hope everyone had a good April... I had a 3.2lb loss for the month, which I'm trying to be happy about... But since I had a 10.1lb loss for March, I'm feeling slightly disappointed... Which I know is the sort of thinking that I really need to work on... So for May I'm really going to try and work on being "realistic" when it comes to my weight loss and let go of all that "If only you tried a bit harder..." BS that I always seem to want to tell myself... That is simply NOT TRUE!

Here is what is TRUE for me... I have lost 50lbs in the last year and I AM KEEPING IT OFF!!!... I'm determined to get to goal and I'm excited about doing it with a plan that I can live with... This can definitely work for me.

So here's wishing everyone well... And looking forward to a great month of May!
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 12:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/166/135

Height: 5"1

Congrats on your losses TripSwitch! I met my goal of losing 2.5kg in April so I'm happy. Today is my weigh-in day and I've been up all week due to TOM. Still up 0.3kg but I know I can't have gained so not worried about it. Looking forward to when it comes off though!

I would LOVE to be in the 60s by the end of May but that might be a little realistic. So I'm aiming to drop another 2.5kg, which would bring me pretty close.

I set my goal weight at the start of my journey at 60kg but I'm going to get to 65kg and see how happy I am with the way I look then. I am really short and to get to the middle of my healthy weight range, I'd need to be about 54kg and it just ain't gonna happen. I am already much healthier and happier so once I get to 65kg, my plan is to just see how it plays out.
flickety_switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 02:56 AM   #3  
Less of a Better Me

TripSwitch - As you get closer to goal it is harder to create the calorie deficit and weight loss often slows down. I would actually be over the moon ecstatic to have a 3.2 pounds loss in a month now that I'm so close to goal.

Saturday I weighed in for a 1.2 pounds loss which was much higher than usual. About 3 weeks ago I greatly increased my activity level. Over the first 2 weeks I didn't lose (water retention from the activity I think) but finally saw a loss this week.

I'm 4.6 pounds away from getting to goal (I'm a regained lifetime member) and I'm impatient to get there...but I am finding it slow as I get close.

Flickety_Switch - This time around I've set my official goal weight at the top of my range. I don't imagine that is my final goal weight, but I think once I get to the top of my range (146 pounds for me) then I will focus more on body composition. I suspect my final goal will be in the 130s somewhere, but I'm going to play by ear.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 07:23 AM   #4  
Heading Downtown...

Thank you flickety switch and Koska Congrats on your losses too...and it sounds like everyone is off to good starts for May...

Yesterday was my weigh-in day and surprisingly I was down 0.2lb which I'm actually happy about since I was expecting a gain after all the birthday cake and added fruit that I ate last week... So that makes for an "official" loss of 3.6lb in the 2 weeks since I started WW's... AND that's with eating carbs again... I've been eating fruit and I've even had pasta and rice... I had birthday cake and yesterday I even decided that it wouldn't be the end of the world to have... GASP!!!... a small pastry from a bakery that I like... I just used some of my weekly's... Now I did wind up eating 40pts yesterday and I was slightly alarmed at the end of day... BUT after giving it some thought, I had a really lovely day yesterday... I went out with friends and had a great time... I went shopping and treated myself to a new small non stick sauté pan to make my low pts egg and egg whites omelettes in... Lol... And I came home and made a lobster and shrimp lasagna for my family's dinner and had that with them, when normally I wouldn't have dared touch that and tried to get by with just a salad... ONLY to eat God knows what a little bit later... So I don't know, but I definitely think that is moving in the right direction for me...
Old 05-04-2015, 09:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

With the crunch of my wedding coming up, I've been working hard and really counting every bite, lick and taste and I cut out ALL grains and sugars as opposed to having teeny amounts. I've lost 9lbs and I only have about 5-10 left for my absolute final goal in life - it's FALLING off!

I've also been seeing a therapist for some of my weight - and other - related issues and I feel fantastic. A load is off of my body and brain. Thank you to those who recommended that I go back. It has been nothing but positive for me. I needed the extra push.

Some of you were asking to see my new wedding dress when I posted about the old one that I hated, so here goes!

Old one I hated:

New one I love:

I've had it for a few months and these are the first pics I've taken - I woke up out of bed first thing in the morning (ignore my hair and glasses!) and made my 7 year old snap some photos. Note: I'm not wearing those black heels, I just wanted to see the height.

I'm finally getting excited - less than 6 weeks to go...I'm actually DOING IT!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 02:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/190

Munchy, the dress is gorgeous and so are you! Congratulations!

I'm so happy to have everyone in this forum, it's a nice place to talk about struggles and achievements. I was thrilled to see a loss last week despite TOM and am crossing my fingers it gets even better on Friday, which is both weigh in day and my annual physical day (fasting and blood-draws are not my favorite ways to spend a Friday).

I started the program in Feb and have a wedding to go to in late August, so that will be about 6 months in and I really think that getting near my goal is possible by that time. I really need to add back in more exercise, but I have been blown away that I could lose this much weight without cardio as part of it (I have an injury that I am nursing and so I cannot work out the way I'm used to right now).

Here's to a great May for all of us!

Last edited by elaineindc; 05-04-2015 at 02:48 PM.
elaineindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:00 PM   #7  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Hey there. I decided to restart aw this week. I had my baby boy and in March. I am getting married in July. I am hoping to lose enough inches just to ride some rides during that time. That's the short term goal
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 175/153/145

Height: 69"

Hey all! I just wanted to jump in here, I'm new on the forum, but I've been doing WW since Oct 2014, and I've lost 20 lbs so far. There was a period of 2 months where I didn't track and didn't pay much attention to what I was eating, so my weight stayed about the same. Now, I have about 7-8 more to go, so I really need to keep my motivation up! I am working on weaning my daughter (she's a year now and I've introduced whole milk), so I took myself off of the nursing plan, and hoping to see some better results, even though I miss my extra 7 points! I have been pretty good at going to the gym 3-4x a week, but changing my routine now by running instead of using just the elliptical machine.

Munchy, that dress is beautiful on you!!! You look fantastic!
FruitsNVeggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:05 AM   #9  
Heading Downtown...

Good Morning All!!!

Hi to everyone I'm pretty new here as well, so I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here too...

So I signed up for WW online a couple of weeks ago and have been tracking with that and I think it's been going pretty well so far... But I really need the "accountability" of a weekly weigh-in at a meeting... For some reason that really works for me... So I've decided to finally get to a meeting later today and get started... I've been putting it off because my weight has been bouncing around between 168 to 172 the last few weeks and for some silly reason I really wanted my first "official" weigh-in to be in the 160's not the 170's... Well... That doesn't look like it's going to happen right now, so I need to just GET OVER IT!!!... And get started with meetings again since I know that I lose better when I do it that way... And another way to look at it is that I'll just show more of a loss when I finally get to goal... lol...

Hope everyone has a great day... And I'll report back later how my first meeting went....
Old 05-05-2015, 03:51 PM   #10  

Happy May everyone... I just started WW again two weeks ago. Yes, Again. This is Round 4. I lost 40 pounds my first time. 2nd and 3rd, I signed up but never really committed. 4th time... 1st week was rough. 2nd week was better. I'm halfway through the third week now and although I decimated my weekly points on Saturday (my day 2 of the week) I am still exactly on point. This time I feel like I'm ready. I'm a total of 3 pounds down now and so eager for Friday's weigh-in!
KittenIsOverIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 04:10 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 199/166/135

Height: 5"1

Munchy, you look gorgeous and very svelte! Congratulations. I just bought my wedding dress and I hope I look as good in it as you do!

It's been very slow going the last few weeks. I'm down 17.5kg and I'm so desperate to get into the 60s but it is taking such a long time! Next week is my six month anniversary and I know I've done really well in that time. Just gotta stay positive and keep on keeping on!
flickety_switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:16 AM   #12  
Heading Downtown...

Good Morning Everyone!

So I did finally go to a meeting yesterday and switch from online to a monthly pass... My weigh-in wasn't too bad, considering the fact that I was wearing sort of "heavy" cloths... I used to always try and wear running shorts and a skimpy top and say I was just at the gym (A BIG FAT LIE!!!) Lol... of course hoping I would weigh a little bit less...

Anyway, I really actually enjoyed the meeting, I really liked the leader, and the group was pretty lively... We all had some pretty good laughs and there were some really good insights... The topic was actually meal planning which was great for me, since this is an area I really want to work on... I always dream about being that super organized sort of person who sits down writes out all the menus for the week and plans all the shopping... But I always seem instead to be at the supermarket every few days buying whatever looks "good" and than just making whatever I'm in the "mood" for...

Well I guess there's no time like the present... So time for some "meal planning"
Old 05-07-2015, 09:34 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/190

Just bought a new dress in a size I haven't honestly seen in 15 years. It's supposed to be billowy, yes, but it fits. It's a win, no matter what the scale tells me tomorrow
elaineindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 03:44 PM   #14  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaineindc View Post
Just bought a new dress in a size I haven't honestly seen in 15 years. It's supposed to be billowy, yes, but it fits. It's a win, no matter what the scale tells me tomorrow
That's awesome! And yes a definite win no matter what the scale says... I couldn't agree more...
Old 05-07-2015, 09:22 PM   #15  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

So I have not been around much but I lurk sometimes. I switched to simply filling 2 weeks ago and am really enjoying it. Love that as long a I stick to power foods I can eat until I am satisfied. I find it easy to stick to them most of the time. I feel like it frees me to eat healthy food without 'saving' points for a snack later. Also down 2lbs since last month, so got to love that.
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote