Old 05-04-2015, 11:16 AM   #1  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Question PCOS Question

It's been a long time since I've been back on this forum. I've truly missed it I must say!

This Thursday I will be meeting with a gynecologist for the first time in my life, and I will be presenting her with a list of my symptoms that I "believe" is almost a dead ringer for PCOS.

About a few months ago, I had a horrible experience with a pap smear exam that I will quite literally never have done again. I have had a pap smear before, but because this was done by an intern, I bled for four days afterwards and was extremely sore inside if that makes sense. Hence, my decision to finally visit an gynecologist. (I know this may seem like a no-brainer decision, but when your insurance literally dictates where and who you can see, I didn't have much choice in the matter)

My question to you all is this: What can I expect? Most websites that I've researched don't really tell you much of what tests or what to do really if you believe you have this. Any help/advice that you could share would be great!
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 12:33 PM   #2  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

It really depends. Could be just a talk, could be blood draws for hormone levels, could be a transvaginal ultrasound...It really is up to the doctor.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:56 AM   #3  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Thank you for responding! I just wanted to get a sense of just how invasive will these testing be, and be able to prepare myself for that.
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:46 AM   #4  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Yeah, each doc seems to have their own "path" they follow in making a diagnosis.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 04:53 PM   #5  
Nutritarian

S/C/G: 289/257.8/125

Height: 5'4"

I did a saliva test and my lady DR based her findings from that. I'm convinced I have PCOS, though I'd prefer if I could have more clear cut scientific proof.
Laifierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 06:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/190/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm so sorry about your experience with the intern! Can I just tell you how atypical that is... I've had many pap smears and never bleeding or soreness afterwards. I hope once you find a gyn you trust, you will give that person a chance to give you another pap smear. Don't let that intern dictate your health going forward - I know you will find much, much better and more careful health care providers than that.
rubato is offline   Reply With Quote