Old 04-12-2015, 06:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 305/278/125

Height: 5'0"

Default I have really fat legs.

I am currently 247 lbs. and only 5'0" tall. While I am fat all over, I am especailly ashamed of the way my legs look. As you can tell from my pic I have really fat calves. What can I do to lose weight and inches in this area?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 30.jpg (20.6 KB, 72 views)
iagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:02 PM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Once some of the weight comes off start walking or, better yet, running.

Bellies are tough but legs and butts are easy.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 07:27 PM   #3  
Reluctant Runner

S/C/G: 255/229/150

Height: 5'7"

I have really (like, disproportionately) fat arms, so I feel you.

Unfortunately, you can't lose weight from specific areas. You lose the weight and your body will decide where. Just keep working and eventually it'll happen!

Also, take measurements. I find it difficult to notice small changes and then I get discouraged, especially when I'm unhappy with a specific part of my body (AHEM... arms). Measurements help you track the changes you missed!
VegTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:31 AM   #4  
Starting the Journey

S/C/G: 243.2/226.8/143.2

Height: 5'2''

I am the queen of the thunder thighs brigade...but I say that with pride and whisper a loving word or two to mine everyday. They get us through a whole lot, you know?

You absolutely cannot spot reduce, but genetics may effect where you see your losses first. Moreover, women tend to lose lower body fat slower, as the body is trying to protect the baby making goods.
ayrenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 02:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 299/159/129

Height: 5'1

I totally get Ya Iagal. I'm 5'1/2 " and my calves have been the bane of my life- even when I weighed 129 pounds decades ago ( my goal weight now) I had trouble finding boots to fit over my calves. I have knee problems and "fat- knees-thighs as well. But, They are all coming down, very slowly, but surely as I lose weight But , yes, everywhere else first. Sorry- just DNA. Veg- I like idea of measuring- need to get tape measure- I've just been trying on old clothes as I go along to see where I am. And Yes, some are really loose everywhere BUT MY CALVES!

FairyGaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:20 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegTraveler View Post
I have really (like, disproportionately) fat arms, so I feel you.
OMG... the arms, the arms. I have absolutely enormous arms. I'm like a 38F bra, and even a shirt that fits my gigantic boobs will be tight in the arms. I basically wear a uniform of a size 2X camisole topped by a 4X open cardigan or jacket because shirts with sleeves do not fit.

I lose weight in my waist very quickly, but these great big arms are just here to torment me.
KittenIsOverIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:45 PM   #7  
Reluctant Runner

S/C/G: 255/229/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenIsOverIt View Post
OMG... the arms, the arms. I have absolutely enormous arms. I'm like a 38F bra, and even a shirt that fits my gigantic boobs will be tight in the arms. I basically wear a uniform of a size 2X camisole topped by a 4X open cardigan or jacket because shirts with sleeves do not fit.

I lose weight in my waist very quickly, but these great big arms are just here to torment me.
Haha yay! Not just me! It's so frustrating because I WANT to cover my arms but can't find a shirt that fits me correctly everywhere. Sigh. The dress I'm wearing in my profile picture was a struggle - I could barely move my arms and had to ask my fiancee to drive! lol.
VegTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote