Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 07:08 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat started 4/27/15

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Here are a couple "older" .pdf files of many of Rainbow's recipes: Rainbowsmiles Recipes
and Rainbows IP Inspired Alternative Recipes

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Link to a pdf of the doctor's book here.
Note: this is not the same as the current IP plan.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 171/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Default advise please

Good morning everyone!

It has been a week since I've restarted IP (alternative products). Feeling good but a little tired.
My legs are aching these days.. I am trying to take the vitamins.. so far I am taking Biotin and a multivitamin from Trader Joe's. Should I still be taking cal/mag, potassium ? I just cant take that many pills .. I've tried different ways to do so.
I am also a little worried about the upcoming physical couple weeks from now. I dont want to end up with the Doc saying I have vitamin deficiencies..

If I must take the cal/mag can someone please suggest what to take? I've researched in the threads - found lots of information and i am thoroughly confused.

Any advise is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pooja
Old 04-27-2015, 09:07 AM   #3  

Pixie

You absolutely should be taking Potassium. Low carb diets deplete it pretty quickly. (and don't forget your salt!)
I don't take cal/mag but I do take magnesium.
I use the vitacost "house" brand version of Natural Calm.
Mag helps keep you regular.

Lisa
Old 04-27-2015, 11:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Catching up from the weekend -

Frawniemae - thanks for sharing your pics, and I am so proud of you!! You did great on your vacation and you look fabulous!
Old 04-27-2015, 11:20 AM   #5  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie111 View Post
Good morning everyone!

It has been a week since I've restarted IP (alternative products). Feeling good but a little tired.
My legs are aching these days.. I am trying to take the vitamins.. so far I am taking Biotin and a multivitamin from Trader Joe's. Should I still be taking cal/mag, potassium ? I just cant take that many pills .. I've tried different ways to do so.
I am also a little worried about the upcoming physical couple weeks from now. I dont want to end up with the Doc saying I have vitamin deficiencies..

If I must take the cal/mag can someone please suggest what to take? I've researched in the threads - found lots of information and i am thoroughly confused.

Any advise is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pooja
Pooja - frawniemae posted exactly what they provide at the clinics. When I switched to alternatives a few weeks ago, I printed that out and took it to Whole Foods and I got what I needed. Search for her post and you should be able to do the same. I believe she got hers from CVS or something like that. My doctor specifically told me to go to Whole Foods or Vitamin Shoppe, etc, not a grocery store, CVS, Costco, Sam's Club, Walmart, etc but you can choose whatever store you want and her posting will provide you with the info to get what you need. I would tell you not to do this program if you cannot take the required supplements - too dangerous as you are cutting out too many essential needs and need to supplement!
Old 04-27-2015, 11:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi pooja: Definitely you need the supplements esp potassium & cal/mag (possibly more magnesium than calcium for now). You can get liquid cal-mag & magnesium if pills are a problem. Make sure you spread them throughout the day and take them with food so you don't get a nauseous tummy. Potassium pills are pretty small so they hopefully won't be a 'stick in your throat' problem.

Liana
Old 04-27-2015, 11:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Rebooting once again! I know I can do it and trying not to kick myself for gaining some weight back.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:37 PM   #8  
My fat is not contagious.

S/C/G: 259/218/150

So I am on week 5 and the diet has not been a problem, the problem is well meaning people wanting to reward my superb customer service skills, or a family member stopping by with gifts of fruit baskets, bagels, or boxes of delectable cookies from the Italian bakery. Though I love these gestures, no amount of protesting and telling the people I am currently on a restricted diet gets through, and they insist I take the goodie or taste one in front of them which I always decline and I can see the annoyance or hurt in their expressions.

Why is it so hard for people to be understanding. One customer went so far as to say, one cookie is not going to be the difference from 250, to 249 lbs...I am only 225 so I wanted to gut punch her lol, I think she was offended I did not want her cookie so her response was to be snotty. My bosses are on the same diet so they understand..I HATE WASTE, therein lies my overweight issue to begin with lol. So I have to either accept and throw away money spent, or find someone to donate them too..its so flippin' annoying!
Old 04-27-2015, 12:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 196/174/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
Rebooting once again! I know I can do it and trying not to kick myself for gaining some weight back.
Debrasb,

I just read the first page of your blog and your vegetable recipes looks fantastic!!! I'm so glad you posted and wish you luck with your reboot. Thanks a million!
Old 04-27-2015, 12:45 PM   #10  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by melzie77 View Post
HATE WASTE, therein lies my overweight issue to begin with lol. So I have to either accept and throw away money spent, or find someone to donate them too..its so flippin' annoying!
I don't find it so annoying that people insist I take their goodies. Most people are supportive when I turn down the cake and say that I'm watching my figure. A few people have brought me cookies or cupcakes as special gifts, and I just thank them and promptly pass them off to my roommates.

Feel kinda bad though. My roommates are used to my baking (which is pretty decent, if I do say so myself), and tend to taste the gifted goodies and promptly chuck them in the trash anyways. :P
Old 04-27-2015, 01:08 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieCJ View Post
Debrasb,

I just read the first page of your blog and your vegetable recipes looks fantastic!!! I'm so glad you posted and wish you luck with your reboot. Thanks a million!
Thank you so much!! Last time posting my recipes gave me something to focus on, and I honestly use it all the time myself to remember what I made :-) Enjoy, and I'll let you know when there's a new recipe up.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:19 PM   #12  
My fat is not contagious.

S/C/G: 259/218/150

I will just have to practice my skills of diversion and gratitude lol
Old 04-27-2015, 02:00 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 215.8

Height: 52

Default frustrated!

I am on week 6 of ideal protein and I feel like I am not loosing much this week. I am down 1.5 pounds since my weigh in last week and I am afraid that I will not loose anything else by this wednesday weigh in.. wondering if my weight loss is going to be slow

Last edited by rnskinny4; 04-27-2015 at 02:01 PM.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:13 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnskinny4 View Post
I am on week 6 of ideal protein and I feel like I am not loosing much this week. I am down 1.5 pounds since my weigh in last week and I am afraid that I will not loose anything else by this wednesday weigh in.. wondering if my weight loss is going to be slow
I'm going to attempt to be a voice of reason.
So, what if it does turn out to be slow?
Is it bad that you're getting healthier and moving in a positive direction?

I'm reminded that it was the tortoise who eventually won the race, not the hare. So, let's look at that for a minute:

If you only had two choices, which would you be happier with in the long run?
1 Losing weight at 3-5 lbs per week every week but struggling with maintenance and struggling with keeping it off
OR
2 Losing weight at 1-3 lbs per week and then learning to maintain and learning to live life at the smaller size with much less struggle

From my observations here, over several years, I've noticed the slower losers tend to be more consistent maintainers. Perhaps because they had to learn to let go of the "quick weight loss" mentality and really learn to make long-term changes? It's just a guess but from reading other research on weight loss and maintenance, I bet it isn't far from the truth.

I'm really not trying to be smart-alecky (if that is the way you read it). I'm trying to give a different way of looking at a "problem".

I also ALWAYS suggest reading
The Beck Diet Solution
Refuse to Regain
State of Thin

All of these books are very eye-opening regarding long-term weight loss success.

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-27-2015 at 03:20 PM.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:34 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

So, I restarted 5 days ago and I made the mistake of not weighing myself before starting. So when I got on the scale and realized I was up 2 lbs from the last time I weight myself, I thought, hm, diet must not be working. But really, I prob just put on more weight then I thought I did, because I feel 'thinner' then I did 5 days ago, less bloated. I don't know if I've made it to Ketosis yet. I have more energy, still hungry, especially around bed time, and I always have the weird diet food taste in my mouth anyway. Not giving up though!
Closed Thread