Goal! Have you reached your goal? Share your success story and celebrate your victory!

Old 03-17-2015, 09:05 AM   #1  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

Default My Story

My story was on the Ketovangelist blog. At the time it published, I was down 83 pounds, but I am down 87 now. I would like to lose another 13, but if I didn't I would be content where I am. I follow a Ketogenic/Low Carb High Fat way of eating. I have never felt more energetic or healthier. My skin has never looked better - everything is better. I hope you enjoy my story.

http://www.ketovangelist.com/one-yea...total-bad-***/
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:03 AM   #2  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMary2 View Post
My story was on the Ketovangelist blog. At the time it published, I was down 83 pounds, but I am down 87 now. I would like to lose another 13, but if I didn't I would be content where I am. I follow a Ketogenic/Low Carb High Fat way of eating. I have never felt more energetic or healthier. My skin has never looked better - everything is better. I hope you enjoy my story.

http://www.ketovangelist.com/one-yea...total-bad-***/
Congratulations - you look great! That is quite an accomplishment. Actually, it's many, many accomplishments, because of all the decisions you have to make every day to eat right and exercise. And, from reading your story, I can see you've hit upon a key concept:

You said: "Years of negative self talk and bad thinking habits are hard to change and that is why I focus on it so much. I am building new thought pathways that will hopefully become so deep that it will become natural and without effort to think this way, just like it was with the negative thinking."

This just occurred to me last night! We have to change our neural pathways, the "natural" course our thoughts have taken in the past. Last night, I was starting to think about food, then snapped out of it, realizing that fantasizing about food would NOT help me stick to my calorie limit.

So, I was thinking about it like a flow chart (can't draw one here, though):

1. Having dreamy thoughts about food.
2. Do I have any calories left in the day?
3. No - stop thinking about food and think about/do something else.
4. Yes - think about what I can have within my calorie guidelines.

Now that's not necessarily for everyone. I know some can dive into food thoughts and not be affected. But I think it will work for me.

Again, your victories are inspiring, TXMary. Thank you for sharing them! Now, back to reading your story...

Edit: You reiterate later, "You must not fantasize about unhealthy foods." So true!

Last edited by HungerWerks; 03-18-2015 at 03:25 PM.
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

Fantastic! You look amazing! Thank you for spouting low carb! I feel bad for sll the diabetics I see in the ER because the docs are still saying its ok to eat all that crap. Frustrating!
The research is finally beginning to be accepted that fat might be ok and quit the sugar. Medical field will get there,....they just hate changing beliefs and admitting they are wrong.
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 02:59 PM   #4  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickilaughs View Post
Fantastic! You look amazing! Thank you for spouting low carb! I feel bad for sll the diabetics I see in the ER because the docs are still saying its ok to eat all that crap. Frustrating!
The research is finally beginning to be accepted that fat might be ok and quit the sugar. Medical field will get there,....they just hate changing beliefs and admitting they are wrong.

YES! Oh my goodness, I wish the medical community would catch up with the science. Most Type 2 Diabetics are carb and sugar addicts- frankly, most overweight people are. We don't tell alcoholics and drug addicts "everything in moderation" but the doctors and ADA tells diabetics and carb/sugar addicts that. It makes no sense. We do not NEED carbs to live.
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 03:46 PM   #5  
very small boned

S/C/G: 110/107/104

Height: 5'3"

Great job. We have to spread the news with posts like this, supporting grainfree, legume free, and sugar free life.
girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 179/170.4/120

Height: 5'4"

Ohhh, tell me more about how this has helped your skin, please!
Danswifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:49 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMary2 View Post
I enjoyed your story! Such inspiration! Keep it up!
KatieR77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 174.6/135.6/140

Height: 5'5"

What a story! Love it!!! Amazing!!! Keep up the great work!
LaurieLostIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:03 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

Congratulations on your weight loss success TXMary2! Even though we're losing weight differently (I'm lacto-ovo vegetarian, carb-eater, calorie-counter, etc. lol) I find stories like yours inspirational and I get a lot from it. I wish you continued success, and thank you for sharing your experiences! <3

ETA - About the negative thinking & neural pathways comments it reminds me of the movie "What the Bleep Do We Know!?", which I loved and discusses this very issue about negative thinking.

Last edited by Candidcamster; 05-11-2015 at 09:14 PM.
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:48 PM   #10  
Earning back my muscles

S/C/G: 184/184/size 8

Height: 5'5

You look amazing!
HIheart is offline   Reply With Quote