Old 04-20-2015, 10:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/225/120

Height: 5'0

Default I have a blunt question....

Is there a safe, productive, and healthy way for someone to lose 5 lbs a week? Especially if they are in their early 30s and already have a mild hypothyroid condiction?
PrincessKLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:13 PM   #2  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

I don't know about the thyroid issue, but I've lost 5 lbs a week in the past and it was all good. Also in my 30s and otherwise very healthy. With the Ideal Protein diet you are kind of expected to lose huge amounts of weight at the beginning; once I kind of settled I'd lose 3 lbs per week, which some people still consider insane.
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

You can so it pulling a low carb diet, super strict early on. Everyone's different though....
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:22 AM   #4  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Well, maybe, but not for long. The body will put a halt on that pretty quickly because it's not healthy, really. You can only lose so much per week. Studies also show that weight lost quicker than 1 to 2 pounds per week almost always comes back.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:11 AM   #5  
~Kim~

Last week was week one for me and I lost 9.2lbs. Lots of things factor into that. My high weight to begin with, the fact that I am eating a very low, healthy carb diet and I've done this enough times to know that the first week most of the weight I drop is water. (It's a nice motivation to see such a big change on the scale though) I might get another decent number this week, but I am not expecting anywhere close to a 5, I'd be ecstatic with a 3.

If you've ever watched biggest loser, those people are in a controlled environment eating a very strict diet and working out is basically their 9 to 5 job. Even in that situation, some of them don't even loss 5lbs a week, and those are usually the women.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 01:55 PM   #6  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I got 4lbs a week all the way down from 281lbs to 180lbs. Then my body put the breaks on.

5lbs a week would be tough, especially for a lady. Unless you are very big.

Last edited by IanG; 04-21-2015 at 01:55 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 03:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

It's not a good idea, no. Why do you want to lose weight that fast? If you explain more about that, I'm sure we can help you.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:34 PM   #8  

It depends how much you have to lose and can be perfectly healthy. As long as you are eating healthy, hydrating, and consuming adequate calories in a HEALTHY manner, you could lose 5lbs a week especially if you are exercising a lot. Just make sure to stay hydrated. Eat lean protein, organic veggies, and only drink water.
compass1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:34 AM   #9  

Height: 5'4

Its going to depend. You can lose 5 pounds of WEIGHT overnight... but it's not going to be 5 pounds of fat.

Unless you are severely overweight, 5 pounds of FAT loss isn't possible in a 7 day period, especially not in a healthy way.

Water can be manipulated to an extent where you lose 5-10 lbs in a week (I've done it for competition) but fat loss, what you really want, won't happen that way.

Just focus on doing things the right way and enjoy the results when the fat STAYS off.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote