Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-12-2015, 07:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Default Gotta kick it into gear a bit...

I've been very lax about my weight loss goals recently, as I basically decided it was more important to worry about taking care of my crazy baby and not stress of that meant doing a bit (or a lot) of comfort eating. But I've taken a few more weeks off work, and baby Sara is getting more manageable every week, so I really want to start making a more concerted effort.

My other motivation stems from one) seeing photos of me taken yesterday, in which I look quite surprisingly certifiably huge (compared to my usual physique anyway) and two) that we are planning an onsen trip in about two months, and I'd really like to be more comfortable with my naked body again by that time! So basically vanity, haha, but also in general because eating more normally and not bingeing myself into a sugar hangover feels much better, especially in the coming heat of summer!

Just writing this to set my intentions out there... Hope to lose just maybe 15 pounds in two and a half months! Of course I won't push too hard though- baby and breastfeeding still comes first, and I can be proud of my body at any weight for that, as long as I know I'm taking steps to take better care of health.
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:31 AM   #2  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

You are a great mommie, putting baby and breastfeeding first! You will look back on this time and be supremely happy you did that, and so will Sarah. So proud of you both!!

I guess I'm just going to ask this, because I've been wondering: Is there a way you can keep sugary snack out of the house? I know it's much harder for me when I bring them in, but in some cases others in the home want them around.

Last edited by HungerWerks; 04-12-2015 at 09:31 AM.
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 06:30 PM   #3  

Haha, of course I COULD, if I would just stop buying them! Going out and snack shopping has become as much of a stress-relieving hobby as eating them. That's going to be my first habit to attempt to change this week. I'm going to make sure I just don't bring spending cash when I'm out just walking. I'm not into not allowing myself certain foods, even "junk" food, but if I really want snacks that badly, I'll have to go get them when I actually want them!
Old 04-13-2015, 12:29 PM   #4  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottainai View Post
Haha, of course I COULD, if I would just stop buying them! Going out and snack shopping has become as much of a stress-relieving hobby as eating them. That's going to be my first habit to attempt to change this week. I'm going to make sure I just don't bring spending cash when I'm out just walking. I'm not into not allowing myself certain foods, even "junk" food, but if I really want snacks that badly, I'll have to go get them when I actually want them!
That sounds like a really good idea! I was also thinking you could figure other rather luxurious foods - I mean, you're breastfeeding, which requires a large number of quality calories - that could take the place of the white sugary snacks, but still hit the spot.

For example, I love frozen raspberries and heavy cream. I have it every week, more than once. It's not low on calories, but high on heavenliness! You have your own tastes, of course, but maybe you could find a way to reward yourself that would work to your advantage. It just occurred to me, too, that Sarah might react to whatever you're eating. It might affect her emotions/digestive system/etc.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:30 PM   #5  

Thanks for your comment. I actually binge mostly on very expensive foods, lol, which is as bad for our finances as for my health. I do take time pretty much every day to go get artisan coffee and cake or doughnuts with friends or alone, because I definitely enjoy high quality food in enjoyable environments better than scarfing it down out of stress, so I plan on keeping that up.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:35 PM   #6  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

congrats on your baby ! Is that her on your avatar? she looks adorable You've had a baby to take care of, so don't be hard on yourself for being lax on your weight loss goals. Good luck in losing those 15 pounds before your trip!
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:09 AM   #7  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

I hear the "kicking it into high gear"... Just reserved a room for an ocean side mini-vacay for Memorial Day in May (ha - rhymes).

Looking to focus in a bit more.
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:29 PM   #8  

Nice, Alexis, on the vacay!!

My idea of kicking it up a bit has been underwhelming so far, haha, but I have made some positive changes which, for me, have been big steps, such as resisting a food-shopping binge even when I was extremely stressed from my baby having a meltdown all morning long.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:07 PM   #9  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottainai View Post
Nice, Alexis, on the vacay!!

My idea of kicking it up a bit has been underwhelming so far, haha, but I have made some positive changes which, for me, have been big steps, such as resisting a food-shopping binge even when I was extremely stressed from my baby having a meltdown all morning long.
Good going, girl! Just because these things have a connection with blood sugar, which can interact with mood: Are you getting enough high-quality protein? I'm not sure how much that would be for a nursing mother, but there must be some guidelines somewhere...not enough would make you crave sugar, perhaps.