Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-13-2015, 06:51 AM   #1  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Maintainers Weekly Chat April 13 - April 19

Walking about in a spring jacket is proof enough of Spring for me.

My goals for the week include buying appetizers for our Easter Dinner this coming Friday. Yep, a little late, but the schedules of four young adults are hard to coordinate.

I've been eating and exercising like I did when I first started this journey some nine years ago. It feels so good. And, about time.
BillBlueEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 07:24 AM   #2  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Back at home, hoping for a smooth week. A smooth Monday would be a good start.

I've been to see my trainer this morning, and he's ironed out some kinks in my R leg and foot. Met someone sweeping the road who told me the newspaper says we're going to have a heatwave, starting on Wednesday and lasting for three months. I'll let you know how it works out.

Bill, that sounds good. What's made you / allowed you to get back to that place?
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 07:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I raked the yard yesterday and things grew out of the soil that afternoon in the sun and warmth. Both pets were outside most of the day. We have had salads with dinner for the last 3 nights.

And our kitchen reno is now in the "contractor interview" stage.

Spring is indeed here for our household.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Two fabulous mornings of golf this weekend. The first two holes each day were a bit chilly but the rest were perfect. Sadly the temperatures now will be close to triple digits and I don't believe we'll cool down from here.

I bought a new washer and dryer and they are to be delivered today. Our old set, which I've hated from the get-go, will be given to my in-laws for their new home which they're set to close on in a few weeks.

Off to work. Happy Monday to all!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:29 AM   #5  

Hi All,

I want to join the maintainer's circle here! I've been below BMI 24.9 for about 9 years, mostly through abstaining from sugar and attending OA meetings. Any time I reintroduced sugar and stopped going to meetings, I gained, though I have always nipped it in the bud. BMI 25 is my line in the sand. I want a new way to live, as I feel I've outgrown the OA community...

BUT, I reintroduced sugar in Jan and began to gain weight AGAIN. I'm teetering very close to that line in the sand. I've been reading like a mad woman, and am looking for a plan that I can live with for life. Glad there's some action here with the maintainers!

Full disclosure: I'm not happy at my current weight even though it's in the "OK" BMI range. My comfortable size is actually 10-20 lbs lighter. That's where my clothes fit best!
Georgette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:30 AM   #6  

Welcome Georgette!

I love your full disclosure. There are quite a few of us in your shoes at the moment. There are a couple other threads here where we're trying to re-lose a little or a lot. Come join us there, too!
Old 04-13-2015, 11:50 AM   #7  
Workin' It

Bill - sounds like a good place to be. Welcome back to it.

Birchie - hope your week goes well, you could use some peace this week.

Dagmar - 'contractor interview' stage, awesome! Or not if it were me, I hate interviewing people for those kinds of jobs. Good luck.

Allison - you guys are having hot, dry weather already. I worry about what the rest of the summer will look like over your way.

Georgette - hey there! Welcome! I also love the full disclosure, and I'm right there with you. I have a BMI in the normal range, but I don't like it. I want to be lower.

Pollen, pollen and more pollen this weekend. I got the rest of my herbs out in the garden this weekend and otherwise tried to stay away from the yellow stuff.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 01:41 PM   #8  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

New here as well. Just got back to goal, and now need to work on remaining there. I lost 40 lbs 2 yrs ago but put 10 back on. I used WW's, I know I need to keep tracking on going to meetings. Just need to stick with in. I am training for my first half Marathon in 3 wks. The extra excercise really does help.
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 02:20 PM   #9  

And welcome to Dixiemom, too!!!
Old 04-13-2015, 02:31 PM   #10  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Georgette!

Dixiemom!

Please just pitch in ...
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 03:49 PM   #11  

I guess we didn't think this through thoroughly. The new washer and dryer are being delivered. They're 3/4" too tall for our laundry room. So back go the pedestals. That also means no storage for soap and all under them. Perhaps we'll have to have something built.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:24 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Georgette and Dixiemom!

I'm back from my cruise and feeling oh so fluffy! I'm hoping the weight comes off relatively quickly now that I'm back to correct diet and exercise. Got a good amount of exercise on the cruise. Went to the gym each day there-- they had a great gym with these cool bikes. You could choose different programs--- in the desert, mountains, etc. You steered and pedaled and changed gears-- like a game-- the sweat poured off of me! We also ONLY used the stairs and the boat was HUGE-- biggest boat we've been on. We snorkeled two days and one day we did BOSS which is like an underwater scooter! You have a helmet so you can breathe and you push a button to move-- no exercise with that one but it was amazing!

My puppy is also coming in less than 3 weeks! What was I thinking?!?!? Starting to freak out!! Poor dh too-- we got back last night after traveling ALL DAY-- he flew out early this morning to Belgium and China for two weeks. I'll have no excuse but to stay focused though.

Good to be back... missed ya'll. Hoping to make yoga tonight and see if I can keep up!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

Allison, did your old washer have a lid lock? All the new ones have it and I don't like it. If you find a dropped sock that should have gone in the wash, it's a big procedure to add it once you start the load.

Welcome to Georgette and Dixiemom. Speaking as a relative newcomer, I have really enjoyed the camaraderie thus far.

Michele, glad you enjoyed the cruise! Poor DH having that flight as soon as you guys got home.

I took one of our cats to the vet this morning - she appears to have an abscessed molar. She'll stay overnight for dental work tomorrow. My DH will have to deal with the antibiotics because I'll be in Anaheim for a meeting Tues Wed and Thurs. At least she's chubby enough to not be in trouble if she doesn't eat for a few days.

The annual County golf tournament is coming up on May 1, and once again I have been elected the token woman on DH's six person team. That means I'll once again haul out my clubs and hit balls in our pasture after work from now until then. This is the once a year I play golf. I don't like the pressure of having to hit one good drive, since I'm only about 70% on hitting anything decent. DH gets out a bigger driver for me every year so it's harder to miss.
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:07 PM   #14  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Georgette and DixieMom!
DixieMom, I've become a runner also while maintaining. Just started running in the summer and now I'm running about 5-6 miles 3-4 times a week. I'm a little obsessed with it! Actually with all exercise, I fear. Also strength train just two times a week and go bike riding 2 times a week. Trying to figure out a rest day but it rarely works out!

Today was the first day back after spring break. Seniors were shut down, major senior-itus! Hopefully tomorrow I can reel them in. May have to throw out a quiz this week for some focus.

I agree about the washer with the lid lock. sometimes I think it won't open ever! Other times, it opens right away!

It looks like we aren't getting a spring this year in Orlando. It went from the winter to hot. Today there was supposedly a heat index of 101. I have to run very early or it is too hot for me! I can't complain though, you all had a terrible winter and mine was very mild. Well, I can complain I guess but it doesn't change it!
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:24 PM   #15  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

Sharon- I am not so obsessed with running as I am with racing. I love/ am addicted to race day excitement. And it is not because I am great, I am not but still love it. I mostly train for triathlons. Looks like you should start swimming and then you could race then too.

Today was so good, on plan. Until after supper, my daughter found some chocolate chips and I could not stay away from them. Oh well, just need to make sure it does not become a habit.
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote