Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 06:50 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Here are a couple "older" .pdf files of many of Rainbow's recipes: Rainbowsmiles Recipes
and Rainbows IP Inspired Alternative Recipes

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Link to a pdf of the doctor's book here.
Note: this is not the same as the current IP plan.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Lisa,
This is just a quick note of appreciation for keeping this daily chat going. I have been successful with this program in the past, and have put it all back on...need to come back and get my weight under control again. Thanks for this information rich first post, I need to read everything over and get my motivation back.

BlueSkies2
Old 04-06-2015, 10:29 AM   #3  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Easter Weekend was a success is so many ways! Everyone came to church with us, the family ate and enjoyed a fully IP compliant meal (except for the desserts the D and DIL brought to share; neither of which I ate any of, not even a crumb!), hubbie and I finalized our trip's itinerary, AND I lost a pound!!

Today will find me running errands for last minute items for the trip and some serious packing. I have everything laid out all over the guest bedroom so all I need to do is figure out how I want to pack it. We'll be gone almost a full 2 weeks and will be staying in a different hotel just about every night. I don't want to lug a huge bag in and out of the car each night so am trying to figure out the best way to do it. Hubbie will pack his all in one huge duffel then each evening stand out there digging through it to find clean socks and underwear, I'm sure. I don't want to do that. It may be raining, it could possibly be very cold in a few of the places, plus I don't think it is safe to have your back turned for that long in a parking lot! So......I'm still debating on using 2 bags (a week's worth in each) or just packing a day's worth of clothes in a big ziplock, putting them in a large duffle and just grabbing one ziplock plus my toiletry kit and "already packed in ziplocks by the day" IP foods each evening. That is the Girl Scout way of doing it and has always worked for long weekend camping trips.

Decisions, decisions...

Last edited by frawniemae; 04-06-2015 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:14 AM   #4  

Frawniemae, I have been following along your journey and your trip plans, I am very impressed and wanted to give you a "go girl" hi-five of best wishes and enthusiasm.

I went on a trip to Europe and Africa with my family two months into my year IP protocol, and per my doctor's advice decided to stay 100% IP compliant. With the proper planning, similar to what you have done, it was actually a really great and easy trip. I planned to have a goal of just maintaining the weight I was at, but when I came home after 2 weeks I had lost 10 lbs. It was really nice, because of course everyone else was complaining of weight gain and bloating, and being hungover a little from alcohol and over-indulging in foods, but I felt really great the whole time.

That trip really gave me the fiber and strength to realize I could get through "anything" on IP. If I could do it in that situation, with international travel and planes and every which thing, then I could do it anywhere. Also to "unpattern" that I had to drink and eat various things at a new place in order to have a good time. I had really great food there that was IP compliant - nice meat, veggies, etc.

Have fun on your trip!
Old 04-06-2015, 11:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hey frawniemae: The getting ready is half the fun, no?? You probably realize that you won't be seeing the same people over & over during this trip so you can get away with fewer clothes (washing some out in a sink here & there if necessary). Start with your neutral basics and add colour with fancier T's or blouses & scarves or cute costume jewellery (if that's your thing).
DH & I travel a lot... and our trips are often very multifaceted so it can be a challenge. We did 3 weeks of backpacking (with some hotels/b&b's) and caving in the Philippines along with dressy events and a few days in Tokyo bookending the trip. We each carried everything in our packs with a little daypack used as a carryon. I took flats for the dressy events and two dresses that could be rolled up and stuffed without wrinkling - a nice drapey jersey. We wore zip off travel pants in a plain dark navy that washed out easy in the sink & dried overnight so mud from caving was not an issue.

Anyhow, I digress.... Here's a really good central site for ideas on light packing. You will have more leeway with car travel and not having to worry about 'checked' baggage, but of course lighter weight is always easier to travel with (whether it's our bags or ourselves, lol).
http://ladylighttravel.com/real-life-examples/ I'm excited for you and looking forward to the report back when your trip is completed. I soooo love travel!

Liana
Old 04-06-2015, 02:04 PM   #6  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful4Health View Post
Frawniemae, I have been following along your journey and your trip plans, I am very impressed and wanted to give you a "go girl" hi-five of best wishes and enthusiasm. Thanks for the high five!

I went on a trip to Europe and Africa with my family two months into my year IP protocol, and per my doctor's advice decided to stay 100% IP compliant. With the proper planning, similar to what you have done, it was actually a really great and easy trip. I planned to have a goal of just maintaining the weight I was at, but when I came home after 2 weeks I had lost 10 lbs. It was really nice, because of course everyone else was complaining of weight gain and bloating, and being hungover a little from alcohol and over-indulging in foods, but I felt really great the whole time.

That trip really gave me the fiber and strength to realize I could get through "anything" on IP. If I could do it in that situation, with international travel and planes and every which thing, then I could do it anywhere. Also to "unpattern" that I had to drink and eat various things at a new place in order to have a good time. I had really great food there that was IP compliant - nice meat, veggies, etc.

Have fun on your trip!
I'm hoping I have a good surprise when I get ak on the scale afterwards! A 10 lb loss would be awesome!! I'm not too worried about it though. If I do gain a pound or two, I know it won't take anytime at all to get it back off. But I really don't think I'll gain. is being liberally sprinkled everywhere!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hey frawniemae: The getting ready is half the fun, no?? You probably realize that you won't be seeing the same people over & over during this trip so you can get away with fewer clothes (washing some out in a sink here & there if necessary). Start with your neutral basics and add colour with fancier T's or blouses & scarves or cute costume jewellery (if that's your thing).
DH & I travel a lot... and our trips are often very multifaceted so it can be a challenge. We did 3 weeks of backpacking (with some hotels/b&b's) and caving in the Philippines along with dressy events and a few days in Tokyo bookending the trip. We each carried everything in our packs with a little daypack used as a carryon. I took flats for the dressy events and two dresses that could be rolled up and stuffed without wrinkling - a nice drapey jersey. We wore zip off travel pants in a plain dark navy that washed out easy in the sink & dried overnight so mud from caving was not an issue.

Anyhow, I digress.... Here's a really good central site for ideas on light packing. You will have more leeway with car travel and not having to worry about 'checked' baggage, but of course lighter weight is always easier to travel with (whether it's our bags or ourselves, lol).
http://ladylighttravel.com/real-life-examples/ I'm excited for you and looking forward to the report back when your trip is completed. I soooo love travel!

Liana
Thanks for the tips and link! Our biggest thing is being prepared for temperature fluctuations. Night time temps will get down in the 30s so mornings will be quite cool but then as the day goes, it will get up to the 80s! I'm planning on capris and tees for the most part with a light jacket/flannel shirt on hand. 2 pairs of jeans and a couple of 3/4 length sleeve tops with a corduroy overshirt for the evenings when we actually go "out" for dinner. We always overpack. Always; just can't seem to get out of the habit. But I am doing my best to make it easier on the hotel bouncing that we'll be doing. I have a tendency to over think things and over prepare.

Is it Friday yet?
Old 04-06-2015, 02:05 PM   #7  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi all, Today begins my FOR REAL 2015 reboot. I've had a lot of false starts to try to get the Christmas up pounds off, and now I have a few more Easter up pounds that need tending to. Realizing just how challenging environmental factors make sticking to plan. The first time around I was sitting in a different part of the office and isolated from all of the treats and catering that come in. But now, I'm stationed right in the middle of junk food central. Just sipping my water, eating my salad and taking several walks around outside (it's beautiful out!). Maybe this will be my excuse to work from home more often and save some gas.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-06-2015, 02:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

frawniemae -- I love packing with the huge ziplocs! That is how I have always packed up my kids' duffles/suitcases when they've gone away on trips abroad or camping, etc. They both always tell me what a huge difference that made for them (well, DS just sort of concedes, "Oh … yeah … I guess that was helpful" when I prompt him once he returns). I also have done this for myself on longer trips where we've had 2 or more kinds of segments involved, whether because of climate or special occasions or whatever. Particularly in your case, where it'll make it so easy to Grab 'n Go, it's a brilliant idea! The process also helps me pack lighter generally, as it forces me to really plan out each outfit and day in advance. Things get much more chaotic (and heavy) when I wait til the last minute to pack and just throw random things into my bag. You, of course, are already so far ahead of the game!

Have an awesome trip! Look forward to hearing how it all goes.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:03 PM   #9  
AngelAngie80

S/C/G: 228/228/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Newbie here!

I'm attending my first IP meeting Wednesday night and plan on starting the program Thursday. I've been lurking around here for a few days and am completely overwhelmed with the information on this board! I have a few friends who have had amazing success with IP and am going for it.

I'm Angie, mom to 4 beautiful and BUSY daughters ages 2.5, almost 5, 9.5 and 15.5. My husband, Mark, recently started a new job and is working 2nd shift, so life has been pretty crazy. I spent the last 4 months of 2013 using My Fitness Pal and lost 40lbs, and then spent all of 2014 gaining back 28 pounds. Mark started MFP today and I am trying to get a jump start of the carb/sugar withdrawals.

Bear with me as I try to figure out this forum! If anyone has any insight on the technical parts of posting (photos, signatures, tickers, etc) I'd love to hear it! I've already found so much exciting information, and recipes and success stories. I am beyond ready to get this show on the road.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 196/174/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelangie80 View Post
Newbie here!

I'm attending my first IP meeting Wednesday night and plan on starting the program Thursday. I've been lurking around here for a few days and am completely overwhelmed with the information on this board! I have a few friends who have had amazing success with IP and am going for it.

I'm Angie, mom to 4 beautiful and BUSY daughters ages 2.5, almost 5, 9.5 and 15.5. My husband, Mark, recently started a new job and is working 2nd shift, so life has been pretty crazy. I spent the last 4 months of 2013 using My Fitness Pal and lost 40lbs, and then spent all of 2014 gaining back 28 pounds. Mark started MFP today and I am trying to get a jump start of the carb/sugar withdrawals.

Bear with me as I try to figure out this forum! If anyone has any insight on the technical parts of posting (photos, signatures, tickers, etc) I'd love to hear it! I've already found so much exciting information, and recipes and success stories. I am beyond ready to get this show on the road.
Hi Angie! I'm Susie and am also a newbie to IP as I started one week ago. I'm also figuring out the technical side of this forum, but I do know that you'll get a sticker after 20 posts. Other than that, I'll let the more experience people guide you!

Also, be sure to check out the March 2015 Starters forum--there are several of us who started IP in late March or even early April, so you'll fit right in!

Welcome to 3FC and good luck to you!
Old 04-06-2015, 08:13 PM   #11  
AngelAngie80

S/C/G: 228/228/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieCJ View Post
Hi Angie! I'm Susie and am also a newbie to IP as I started one week ago. I'm also figuring out the technical side of this forum, but I do know that you'll get a sticker after 20 posts. Other than that, I'll let the more experience people guide you!

Also, be sure to check out the March 2015 Starters forum--there are several of us who started IP in late March or even early April, so you'll fit right in!

Welcome to 3FC and good luck to you!
Thanks Susie! I'll check out that thread. I wasn't sure if there would be an April thread started, good place to check out!
Old 04-07-2015, 12:36 AM   #12  

Welcome AngelAnnie80 and welcome back PishPosh!
Old 04-07-2015, 05:12 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Good Morning Everyone! Had the strangest dream last night..there was a coffee mug full of chocolate frosting on the counter, and I said to myself that a little taste won't hurt ...and I ate the whole blasted thing! I was so angry when I first woke up, and I expected to see chocolate all over my face when I got out of bed...week 8=weird dreams?? lol Bought a collagen supplement yesterday and started taking that-I'll let you all know how that goes. What's another 3 pills to add to the regimen -I hope that everyone has a great day!! Thanks as always for your support and inspiration!
Old 04-07-2015, 06:12 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 196/174/150

Default Peach Mango Drink

I bought my first IP peach-mango drink mix yesterday and it has a very strong chemical odor and taste. Is this normal? I am now afraid to drink it!

Destony, I had the same dream two nights ago except it involved Panera and bread! It must be like the nightmares I had when I was in college--where I forgot to drop a class and found out I had to take the exam. (And I still have that college dream to this day!)
Old 04-07-2015, 06:55 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

SusieCJ , I think it has a funky taste, it's not my favorite, but real cold like a slushy isn't too bad. I won't buy it again.
Closed Thread