Old 03-29-2015, 04:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 305/278/125

Height: 5'0"

Default 50+ BMI in your twenties

I am 23 years old and had rapidly gained weight since graduating from highschool in 2010. At my highest weight in June, 2014 I was 260 pounds with a bmi of 50.8. After cutting my caloric intake by 1/2 over the last 6 months I've managed to get down to my current weight of 240. But I don't think I can keep this restrictive diet up much longer.

Is there anyone else in their 20s who has struggled with a bmi over 50?
iagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:32 PM   #2  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

I'm curious, what is your calorie intake? are you exercising in addition to the calorie counting?
I used to be at just under 50 bmi about 4 years ago, and currently I'm around 23 bmi. It's possible, but you have to keep going. If you think your diet is too restrictive, then ease up a little. Cutting calories and incorporating some exercise will lead to weight loss, especially if you are following plan. But, if your diet is so restrictive that you think you're going to fail and possibly binge or cheat a lot, then may be you're not on the right diet. Good luck!
I'm currenly 28
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 305/278/125

Height: 5'0"

I try to consume no more than 1500 calories per day along with 8 cups of water.

I also try to exercise for 30 minutes at least 4 or 5 days a week.

I haven't been able to build up alot of muscle mass and have pockets and layers of fat spread out all over my body especially my belly.

I'm also rather short and I've heard that shorter people tend to put pounds on easier and have a harder time taking pounds off.
iagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:57 PM   #4  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Could you post us a weeks worth of your food?

That would be helpful for us to help you.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:36 AM   #5  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

You need to find something that isn't going to make you feel like you're dieting all the time, and yes that is possible. If you don't find something sustainable now, you won't be able to maintain once you get to that phase either. I'd recommend looking into Volumetrics (there's a thread around here somewhere!) which involves eating high volume low calorie foods (usually veggies that have a high water content for example, and lean meats)

YOU CAN DO IT. You just may need to find another way that doesn't make you feel that way. GREAT JOB on your weight loss so far!!!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:59 PM   #6  
Hatchling

S/C/G: 340/332/185

Height: 5'4

Hey there I am tabby and have went from 240 lbs when I graduated at (19) to my top end 340 (January 2015 at 23) I am now down to 332lbs,and was diagonosed with PCOS a week ago which explains so much. Any one looking for a buddy? I don't want to do weigh in except once a month. I have been eating little to no carbs and going to the gym since January. I started metformin for PCOS on March 24 and have already lost about 6 inches from my hips. My next weigh in will be around April 24.
tabbylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 06:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

I am about 310 lbs currently, and also looking for a buddy. I usually am on the 300+ page, because I feel out of place here even though I am 21. But hey! I belong here, too. I used to take metformin. But I've developed some kind of neurotic anxiety where I'm scared of everything. So I stopped taking all pills (except pain meds when absolutely necessary). I don't have PCOS as far as I know (was on metformin because of another drug I was taking that was making me gain weight).
alyssarof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote