Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 01:43 AM   #1  
Losing Again!

Default Non-Scale Victories for February

Hey gang, it's been a while since we've had a NSV (non-scale victory) thread. I was thinking it would be fun to have one each month. This isn't a quick trip, for most of us, it's a journey of many months to several years. For me at least, there are days when the NSVs keep me going. So shout out the great things that are happening to you off the scale!
Old 02-08-2004, 01:52 AM   #2  
Losing Again!

I'll start the list

It's been quite a week around here...for me anyway.

Yesterday I was shopping at Von Maur for some Cuddl Duds and the sales lady was helping me find them. She asked what size I was looking for and I told her XL. She replies that in this brand that's a 1X, but that it was the size that she was wearing. I bought them, because I knew they were the right size, but I kept looking at her thinking, there's no way she wears the same size as me, not even in long underwear.

Related to the Cuddl Duds is the fact that I am needing to wear long underwear this year. I never have before, was never really cold, in fact I hardly ever wore my coat before this winter. I attibute it to the lack of "insulation", compared to previous winters.

I bought size 18 dress pants at Old Navy today, and several sweaters in XL, not XXL.

Lastly, I needed some pantyhose to wear with the forementioned pants. So I'm in our friendly Walgreens tonight trying to pick some out, and holy buckets, I actually fit into the height/weight chart on the back of a regular pack of hose, not queen size. I never used to fit on any kind of chart like that when I was 5'2"/and 298 or so.
Old 02-08-2004, 01:18 PM   #3  

Dana,

That is awesome!!!! Good for you. It isn't all about the numbers on the scale (I had a horrible gain this week) and I appreciate you pointing this out. I am so happy for your successes. You must feel great! I don't have one of those non scale victories to share this week but I sure hope to have a lot to share in the future!
Old 02-08-2004, 02:00 PM   #4  
Losing Again!

Jenaya--It took a long time for me to realize that the scale isn't what decides how I am feeling about this journey. You may have had some NSVs and not realized it--be on the look out-they happen all the time! You're doing great-these extra things are kind of like morale boosters-we all need them!
Old 02-08-2004, 06:10 PM   #5  

Default Great NSV's!

Dana, how encouraging to find out those NSV's! I cannot wait until I can get out of the queen size pantyhose. I hate wearing it for that reason because it always seems to be like tights, not stretchy like they should be. My biggest problem, though is my stomach and hips/wings. I have a wedding to go to next weekend, wonder how my current hose will fit? Will have to check that out!
I did go out and buy a 2X shirt last night for VAlentine Pics for dh (my 2 girls and myself) I was very excited that it fit! I have to admit, was a bit self conscious about it. I am used to wearing baggy, and told my sis that. (This was a form fitting shirt) She told me that I need to show off what I have...lol This coming from someone that wears long skirts all the time! lol
Old 02-08-2004, 11:34 PM   #6  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Dana.....
Great minds must think alike, because I was gonna start a thread on NSV today too!!! First off......great NSV for you. Doesn't it feel, wonderful!!!!!!

Well, here ar mine so far....

My wedding band and engagement rings are becoming loose, and turning around and around on my finger.

I have stayed OP for 3 weeks without straying, but more importantly, not wanting to stray.

I finally feel that I am not missing out on something when I don't eat what everyone else is eating. (this is HUGE for me)

I have been posting regularly on here...which is one of the committments I made to myself thsi year on my quest to "start taking care of me"!!!!

Finally, my mind set has shifted!!!!!!!

A great thread, thanks!!!!!
Old 02-09-2004, 05:13 PM   #7  

Years ago my parents bought me a very pretty claddaugh ring (it's an Irish thing...) which only fit as a pinky ring, barely. I was so embarassed about it that I never said anything and stuck it in the jewelry box. I recently came across it again and it's now fitting just right on my ring finger. It's funny how many things I still just assume will be too small and now fit or are too big!!!! Hooray!
Old 02-09-2004, 06:00 PM   #8  

Awsome NSV AmyJ, I bet that one felt great!

Beverly
Old 02-09-2004, 10:57 PM   #9  
missaprylj

Wow, exciting! I've come to the conclusion that I *really* am starting to look like I only have 1 chin, and THAT is exciting!

Old 02-09-2004, 11:27 PM   #10  
Crazy Canuck

Is that why you have the boxing gloves Apryl? So you can take one on the chin??
Old 02-10-2004, 02:49 AM   #11  
beautiful

great job you guys!!!!

i went shopping the other day, found some sweaters on clearance so i coudln't pass them up. and i found the size i *usually* buy... 26/28.. i like to wear big shirts to hide my big boobs. LOL so i get them home and try them on and they are WAY too big!!!! i probably could have gotten an 18/20 if they'd have had that size... if i had been looking anyway.

and i fit into a size 9 underwear today..... they were a little snug but i think by the end of the month if i can manage to stay OP they will fit like they did before i outgrew them.

my 44 DD leisure bras are so big now that i need to sew them up or something because they are causing me to sag to my knees! i'm afraid i'm going to trip over them if i dont do something soon.

keep up the GREAT work everyone!!!!
Old 02-10-2004, 07:36 AM   #12  

Shelly it sounds like you are doing great! I wished i knew how to sew so i could take in some of my clothes but i am just not very good with a needle. But you know if i could lift the excess skin and staple it in place i would look a whole lot better........
Old 02-10-2004, 10:34 AM   #13  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Great NSV...everyone. Apryl, I am still working on my double chin.....but you guve me hope that they can really go away!!!! Yippy...

And the boob thing is such an issue for me But, after I decided that I am done with babies, and I loose the weight and keep it off for over a year, my hubby promised that he would pay for a booby lift....LOL Yes....and maybe I can convince him to give me tummy tuck too, but I don't want to push my luck...KWIM??? LOL
Old 02-10-2004, 10:58 AM   #14  
Crazy Canuck

When I arrived at work yesterday morning there was a vase of flowers on my desk with a note congratulating me on one year with the firm. I consider this a non-scale victory because I had been at my previous firm for 22 years and had been unhappy for some time, but was afraid to make a change, mostly because I didn't think anyone would hire a middle-aged obese woman who looked on the verge of a heart attack. Then I started my weight-loss journey and, after having lost 80lbs., decided that not only did I look better and feel better, but my confidence level had increased to the point where I could take that scary step back into "interviewland". Frankly I was amazed when I was hired here - talk about a boost to the ego. It's a more prestigious firm, the money's better, the position is more challenging, and the benefits are amazing. So in a way it IS a scale victory, because I needed to feel better about myself both physically and mentally to be able to make such a big change. I've continued to lose weight since I've joined the firm (another 25lbs or so) and am looking forward to eventually sharing goal with my "new" co-workers.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:49 PM   #15  
Searching

Talking

Size 14 Tommy jeans that fit

Miss Chris
Closed Thread