Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-22-2015, 10:14 AM   #1  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Talking What Do You Like About Being Thinner?

I thought this would be a good way to encourage ourselves. What is it you like about being thinner? It can be something from the current time or in the past, or even what you think you might like about it in the future.

Please feel free to list as many as you like, now and/or later!

Last edited by HungerWerks; 03-24-2015 at 07:11 AM.
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:17 AM   #2  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Talking

One thing I'm loving is to wake up in the morning and just feel - and be - thinner! It's something no one can take from me. No matter what other things happen or don't happen during the day, I am a more healthy person, and I control - with God's help - He is always the One in control! - whether I continue on to my final goal weight or not.

It's a great feeling!
Old 03-23-2015, 09:59 PM   #3  
Nutritionally Obsessed

S/C/G: 130/118/under 120

Height: 5'5"

Not being fat.

When I was a kid, I could suck in my stomach. I can't do that now.
JenFZ09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Two things come to mind:

1. Not dreading looking at a picture of myself when it's taken, and being really bummed when I see it and I'm bigger than I thought.

2. Sex. It's just better when I'm thinner, probably because I just feel better about myself and that translates, and possibly because my husband finds me more attractive when I'm thinner.
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 12:21 AM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

I don't feel any different :/ I think I walk taller. I feel I blend in better at the store. However, I do like .. If I suck in my gut I can see the shapes of my ribs. It's kind of pretty. girly even
wannabesomebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

Sex I was on top first time ever and it was awesome.i like how I look naked or with clothes.
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 11:23 AM   #7  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

To be honest, it's how other people react to me both professionally and personally that has been the most pleasing change (as well as changes to my health and sense of wellbeing).

A lot of people out there it seems, even other fat people, do not like fat people.

I view this as a bad thing about our society but one I will just have to live with.

Last edited by IanG; 03-24-2015 at 11:25 AM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 01:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 167/re-start:153/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Feeling more attractive. I love being able to grab anything from my closet and have it fit and look generally okay. When I weigh more I always feel like I have to dress up more, wear make-up, fix my hair etc. before I go out. When I am thin I am confident that I look good even in casual clothes, a clean face and a pony tail.

Having more energy. I love being in shape because I am able to get more done and to be more active without it knocking me out for the rest of the day (I also like not feeling like I am dying after a workout).

I feel like people treat me better -- this is especially true for my husband's family (most of whom are all very naturally slender).
seize the day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:39 PM   #9  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

I'm really loving these posts, everyone. Thanks! I just can't get over how much of a better mood I'm in because of being thinner. Not that I'm a moody person, but it just puts a big smile on my face throughout the day. It's the look, the control, the health.

It's totally worth the effort! And there is a LOT of effort, as we all know. and a heckuva lotta

And you all are right, that said this: You get treated/greeted better. That's totally not fair, but there you go. I wish it were different, and do think it's changing. As a society, we're evolving to be more fair in general, imho.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 180/155/140

Height: 65 inches

A weird thing that I enjoy about being thinner, especially as the belly fat goes away- being able to feel the muscle in my abs. To me, having that muscle feel strong means that I doing more than weight loss.

I also like when my clothes are too big. It's physical proof that I'm smaller!
crunchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 12:25 PM   #11  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymama View Post
A weird thing that I enjoy about being thinner, especially as the belly fat goes away- being able to feel the muscle in my abs. To me, having that muscle feel strong means that I doing more than weight loss.

I also like when my clothes are too big. It's physical proof that I'm smaller!
Speaking of which: A friendly Feather was telling us, in last couple of months, that you don't have to do anything but lose fat in your abdomen to get a six pack. Well, I think I may have glimpsed something similar the other day in the mirror. I don't do sit-ups or much classic abdominal work, other than yoga, so I was SHOCKED, I tell you! 'Course, could have been a mirage - I didn't check it out by moving closer to the mirror.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:13 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 207/121/128

Height: 5'5"

Rockin' the Skinny Jeans )
DLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 03:33 AM   #13  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

taking a picture and liking the way I look!
also being able to walk up stairs--even choosing to take stairs instead of escalator or elevator-- and not sweating and huffing and puffin
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:17 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 297/182/155

Height: 5'8

The way I look in clothing!
df180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:36 AM   #15  

Having a waistline 1 and it looks so good 2. It takes more effort to get out of breath and wheezing 3.

I love discovering each thing happening to my body, that I didn't know was part of gaining weight not age, as I lose.
Dynxagain is offline   Reply With Quote