Old 01-15-2015, 10:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/232/110

Height: 5ft7

Question Anyone here converting to the Catholic Faith (in RCIA)?

Im a catechumen as of 2012. Do to my bipolar I've left do to breakdowns.I've been getting lots of help so I'm returning to classes next Sunday. Is anyone else here in RCIA and becoming Catholic? I'm not baptized by the by.... Yet.
imabehot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 06:27 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 2"

Good for you returning to RCIA. Hope you are able to finish and be baptized at Easter.

Our grandson is sponsor for his closest friend who is becoming Catholic this year. His friend is the God father of our great-grandson. Obviously I'm up in years, but remember teaching RCIA for 16 years.

May your bipolar become controlled and your life be blessed.
love2garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 04:45 PM   #3  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabehot View Post
Im a catechumen as of 2012. Do to my bipolar I've left do to breakdowns.I've been getting lots of help so I'm returning to classes next Sunday. Is anyone else here in RCIA and becoming Catholic? I'm not baptized by the by.... Yet.
Welcome home!!!
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 01:12 PM   #4  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I missed this thread when it was started but I was also a catachumen this year and was baptized/confirmed at Easter. It's a big change for me. I've always been Christian but for a long time I didn't believe going to church was for me and I prayed and studies scripture at home. I was raised protestant but no emphasis was ever placed on going to church- I don't think my parents ever took me. My grandparents on my dad's side took me to Methodist church when I visited them. Some neighbors took me to Presbyterian, Baptist and Mormon churches over the years. The past few years I have felt more and more drawn to Roman Catholicism. After shuffling my feet for a few years, I finally did something about it.

I hope you're loving the Faith.

Tiber Swim Team 2015!
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:26 PM   #5  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
I missed this thread when it was started but I was also a catachumen this year and was baptized/confirmed at Easter. It's a big change for me. I've always been Christian but for a long time I didn't believe going to church was for me and I prayed and studies scripture at home. I was raised protestant but no emphasis was ever placed on going to church- I don't think my parents ever took me. My grandparents on my dad's side took me to Methodist church when I visited them. Some neighbors took me to Presbyterian, Baptist and Mormon churches over the years. The past few years I have felt more and more drawn to Roman Catholicism. After shuffling my feet for a few years, I finally did something about it.

I hope you're loving the Faith.

Tiber Swim Team 2015!
Welcome to the Catholic Church!!!! I have been Catholic all my life, my mom was Methodist and we would go to her Church sometimes, I have MANY fond childhood memories of her church, but as I have grown older I have come to appreciate and LOVE my Catholic Faith. God BLess.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 02:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 234/229/120

Height: 5ft7

Thanks everyone! (Ps this is me on a new account). I discussed my mental illness' with the RCIA director and she says I can come and go as I needed and will still be received into the church Easter Vigil 2016
thin is my destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 02:13 PM   #7  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

That is great news. I made some good solid friendships in RCIA, I hope you do as well. I found the journey to be more than worth it, I'm glad the Church has RCIA and doesn't just make people members overnight. It's important to understand the Faith, and I think also by putting in the time you value it more.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 02:16 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 2"

Thin is my destiny I agree with EagleRiverDee that RCIA is a wonderful time to meet others on a similar journey, and to learn about the best way I know to live life.

I became Catholic when I was in college and feel blessed to have not only Sunday Mass and Eucharist, but also to go to at least one weekday Mass, too. Made some very good friends and our Bible Study group is on our 4th year with some of us in each class.

Also agree that having months of instruction, discussions, and Mass on Sunday gives a far better understanding of the great blessing this Church is to each one of us.

Hope you have a good sponsor who can introduce you to other Church members and support you.
love2garden is offline   Reply With Quote