Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 02-17-2015, 11:52 PM   #1  
I Can & I Will!

S/C/G: 400 S / Ticker C / 160 G

Height: 5'7

Question An Odd Question... (Kinda TMI)

I've probably read a hundred or so different posts in various places ladies asking when they lose weight will their chest get smaller. Every response I've read was always a yes, but never have I seen my issue questioned... Can you actually grow bigger? My cup size has always been on the larger side of an A cup, but now they're definitely a bit bigger. Not a lot, but enough I've noticed my bras are fuller and on a couple a little overflowing. LOL So... is it just me this has happened to?

Last edited by Jesslan Rose; 02-17-2015 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Typo
Jesslan Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Height: 5'10

1. Have you been working out? Could be chest muscles.

2. Pregnant? I am. My boobs were too big to begin with though... >.<;;
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:34 AM   #3  
Makin it stick

S/C/G: 208/ticker/155

Height: 5'7''

Another question: have you gone down in band size? Bras are actually sized with the cup being RELATIVE to band size so a, say, 36C actually has the same cup size as a 34D (so basically, up one cup size every band size you go down) so if you dropped a band size but didn't think to up your cup size in response, your bra won't fit as well.

Is it possible that you're not BIGGER, just wearing a (relatively) smaller cup?

Last edited by superherothin; 02-18-2015 at 12:35 AM.
superherothin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by superherothin View Post
Another question: have you gone down in band size? Bras are actually sized with the cup being RELATIVE to band size so a, say, 36C actually has the same cup size as a 34D (so basically, up one cup size every band size you go down) so if you dropped a band size but didn't think to up your cup size in response, your bra won't fit as well.

Is it possible that you're not BIGGER, just wearing a (relatively) smaller cup?
Oh, good one - I didn't even think of that. If you got new bras they would seem too small in the cups if the band was smaller...

I'd interpreted the question as "My usual bras are too small now."

Last edited by faiora; 02-18-2015 at 11:22 AM.
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:53 PM   #5  
I Can & I Will!

Faiora, Nope to both questions.

Superherothin, Yes I have gone down in band size. I never knew or realized that about the band sizes and cup sizes. I'll have to remember that. I was just buying the same cup size everytime I bought a new band a size down. I've been trying to buy more 'real' bras now as opposed to my usual one fits all sports bras. LOL

Thank you both!!
Old 03-10-2015, 03:46 PM   #6  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Weight loss can really change bra sizing!

Here's a handy page that explains how changes in band size affect cup size, and how to select the appropriate bra size.

Last edited by belovedspirit; 03-10-2015 at 05:07 PM.
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:31 PM   #7  
I Can & I Will!

Thank you so much for the link! It really helped me out. (In more than one way too.)
Old 03-18-2015, 12:51 AM   #8  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

It's an interesting conundrum, bra's and the girls!

My band size has gone down considerably over a 55 pound loss, but the cup size, NOT!

Still a DD. I was so hoping for at least a D.

OH, well, is what it is.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:50 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 155/152/125

Height: 5'4"

LOL, back before I learned all about bra sizing I was absolutely confounded as to how my boobs could have gotten bigger when I had lost weight.

Everybody's different, but I get way better support when I use my actual back measurement as my band size and don't bother with this +4 stuff. I.e., my ribcage measures 32", so I use that as my band size and use that to get my cup size. It skews the cup size large so that I wear a 32F when I probably look like a 36C or so. But like I said, I get much better support and it aids with back health and appearance.
Violette_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:24 PM   #10  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

I'm a 40DDD, and last year when I lost 40lbs I bought smaller bras thinking "for sure my cup is a lot smaller with all this weigh loss!" Well... I became a 36-38, yes. But I was still DDD. I want them to get smaller! At least to a D, or something less voluptuous for a 5'4'' woman.

Anyhow...
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:25 AM   #11  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Something else people don't seem to know is that you should buy the band size that allows you to only hook it on the last (longest) hook. If you can use the middle or furthest one in, it's too big.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:53 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

I watched a wonderful video about bra sizing last night that I think everyone woman who's not an expert should view because it seems to be on the money.
Here is the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jk55ep4XUQ I need to buy a tape measure so I can find my bra size, I was wearing a 46D rightly or wrongly, but my breasts have shrank and my band has also shrank. I am trying to avoid buying new bras until Onederland which is 27.2 lbs. away for me.
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 11:48 AM   #13  
Fat Free, Sugar Free

S/C/G: 187.4/164/140

Height: 5' 3"

My boobs *look* bigger to me because my torso/waist is shrinking... and my upper arms are not as flabby. But really they are just the same... sad little A's lol
CheesecakeBrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 07:58 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candidcamster View Post
I watched a wonderful video about bra sizing last night that I think everyone woman who's not an expert should view because it seems to be on the money.
Here is the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jk55ep4XUQ I need to buy a tape measure so I can find my bra size, I was wearing a 46D rightly or wrongly, but my breasts have shrank and my band has also shrank. I am trying to avoid buying new bras until Onederland which is 27.2 lbs. away for me.

I've heard this my whole life but pretty much just ignored it. I mean I'm sure that measuring thing works fine for smaller people, and I'm sure the wires in the center actually touch the breastbone on smaller girls, but it gives the silliest answer for bigger people, right? So then I watched this video and saw that tiny girl actually needed like a size F. Mind boggling. And she found bras at Nordstrom Rack. What? So just for fun I took my own measurements. That method says I need a 34 K. Yeah right. Then I found myself at Nordstrom Rack and decided just for grins to see if they had anything even close. Found a 36 I. Huh, who knew? Felt like a fool carrying it into the fitting room. Tried it on and OMG! The center wires touch my breastbone! Nothing squishes out the top or bottom. And can I just say wow for what it does for the silhouette? Ladies this is life changing. I went home and ordered a bunch more. I am an old lady and I've been wearing the wrong size bras my whole life. Thank you CandidCamster for posting that link!

Last edited by Chubabub; 07-05-2015 at 08:01 PM.
Chubabub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 12:27 AM   #15  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Tomorrow I'm going to hunt down my measuring tape and then go bra shopping! I've always felt so self-conscious about my bras because they've never fit my quite right. I think every single bra I've ever purchased has been "close enough." I didn't even know The Rack sold those kind of sizes. My current bras have never been cute because I just need ones that'll hold the girls in. I want both!
LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote