Old 03-06-2015, 04:47 PM   #1  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Default DC Metro Area IPeeps - Join me for IP Maintenance Workshop?

If you are like me... getting within 20 lbs of goal weight and concerned about preparing for phasing off... maybe you have been reading some of the archive threads on maintenance.

One of them, Life after Phase 1, has postings by Novak (among many others) that provide some good descriptions of achieving maintenance successfully. Post #27 was identified by Ro22 as a really good summary -- check it out!

Novak was posting notes from a workshop she had attened - workshop was givenby Dr. Zumbado who has an IP clinic here in the DC area and she offers these workshops monthly. Below is an email from that clinic -- I found Dr. Zumbado's website, saw that her calendar indicated the workshop is still offered, and I sent an email request, asking if any of us could attend the free workshops. The answer is YES!

I think I'd like to go on March 14 and would love it if any of you IPeeps in the DC area would like to meet up there. I know we have some Maryland, Virginia and DC posters here on 3FC... and I would love to meet 3FC IPeeps in person! My guess is that preparing for maintenance is an interest we might all have common!

So - here is the email with contact info - you can go to the website and sign up to attend -- lemme know via Private Message too if you plan to go! We can have coffee before, or perhaps an IP compliant lunch afterward.

To: Cheryl
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2015 1:10 PM
Subject: Re: Can anyone attend your P3/P4 Workshop?

You are more than welcome to come to our clinic and hear the phase 3 and 4 workshop. It is the second Saturday of every month at 9am. Shall I sign you up for the 14th? I'll need your phone number, we take that only if we have to cancel due to weather or not enough people(which is never with a lack of people).

congratulations on your weight lose you must so proud of your accomplishment.

Theresa,

257 Market Street West
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
301.977.9434 office
301.977.9451 fax

[email protected] - email
http://www.drzumbado.com - website

Last edited by oneuh2; 03-06-2015 at 04:51 PM.
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 04:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

I was reading that thread this morning plus Dr. Z's website - I wish I lived closer!! I'm counting on those of you who do go to take copious notes for the rest of us. Any chance she does these seminars online?
JJTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:10 PM   #3  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
I was reading that thread this morning plus Dr. Z's website - I wish I lived closer!! I'm counting on those of you who do go to take copious notes for the rest of us. Any chance she does these seminars online?
I will ask about that -- I did not see anything on her website. But she is an official with the Ideal Protein company in the US... Regional Director or something... maybe she will point me to something that I can share.

In any case - I will take notes and share, like Novak did. Hopefully my shared info will be just as useful!
Old 03-07-2015, 07:29 AM   #4  
oneuh2

I was really hoping some of you in the DC area might like to meet up for this workshop next week.... If the April session is a better date, please let me know - i will be willing to go then too! Lemme know via private message!
Old 03-07-2015, 09:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Hey one - I am in the DMV but my DD10 has mandatory dance rehearsal on Saturday mornings through May.
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:16 AM   #6  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Thanks for letting me know about this seminar! I'm in DMV, but I only just started P1 this week, and need to focus on this hurdle before I start thinking about the next one. I get distracted easily. :/ Need to keep my mind in the game I'm currently in!
ImASharkIPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:34 AM   #7  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

onehuh2 thanks for posting this....i found the webpage and the blog and some good recipes there!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:01 PM   #8  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Cheryl,

Even though I am in Chicago area, I would fly in for this. But, things are up in the air for me given what blood tests showed. I am meeting with doctor on Monday and if the advice is to stay on IP, I will go. I'll let you know Monday after I meet with him.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 03:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

I'm not ready for a maintenance workshop--I only just started last month--but I'm glad to know that they exist!

I'd definitely do some other kind of meetup, sometime, though! Maybe we could meet at one of the restaurants people are talking about in that other NoVA thread, and then we could go for a nice walk together or something?
the_magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 04:10 PM   #10  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_magpie View Post
I'd definitely do some other kind of meetup, sometime, though! Maybe we could meet at one of the restaurants people are talking about in that other NoVA thread, and then we could go for a nice walk together or something?
I'd be down for that!
ImASharkIPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 09:46 AM   #11  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
Cheryl,

Even though I am in Chicago area, I would fly in for this. But, things are up in the air for me given what blood tests showed. I am meeting with doctor on Monday and if the advice is to stay on IP, I will go. I'll let you know Monday after I meet with him.
Oh Ro22 - I have been following your postings and I do so hope that you have a very treatable condition and that you can continue your weight loss journey to reach goal without any major side trips! You are very much in my thoughts and prayers.

I would love to meet up with you if things should work out that way. Do let me know!

But I have to say that I do believe that there are very likely some good workshops on phasing off and maintenance in your area, too - you just have to find them. I will do a bit of looking.... I wonder if the IP company could tell us?
Old 03-08-2015, 09:51 AM   #12  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Magpie;
I'd definitely do some other kind of meetup, sometime, though! Maybe we could meet at one of the restaurants people are talking about in that other NoVA thread, and then we could go for a nice walk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise View Post
I'd be down for that!
So cool - is there a NOVA thread in the IP sub forum? I have not seen one.
Pls share the name of it, or the link. I would LOVE to meetup with you and other fellow IPeeps and 3FC members!

Last edited by oneuh2; 03-08-2015 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:00 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

One - thanks for that link! I was having trouble finding it. Such interesting reading. Gives me such hope for a successful maintenance where we can live life and stay in a workable range. I think the key is persistence. When you see an uptick, we now have the tools to deal with it right away. Don't wait 10 or 20+ lbs.

I would LOVE to meet you and others from here. Too bad we are so far away.

I will be printing that maintenance post out for my coach and looking for local workshops. All about setting myself up for success.

Good for you for doing this and sharing with others!
CenTXChk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:26 AM   #14  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Oh Ro22 - I have been following your postings and I do so hope that you have a very treatable condition and that you can continue your weight loss journey to reach goal without any major side trips! You are very much in my thoughts and prayers.

I would love to meet up with you if things should work out that way. Do let me know!

But I have to say that I do believe that there are very likely some good workshops on phasing off and maintenance in your area, too - you just have to find them. I will do a bit of looking.... I wonder if the IP company could tell us?
Thanks, Cheryl
I have to travel East that following week anyway to give a customer presentation so I can just incorporate this into my travel. I am committed to doing whatever it takes to maintain because I have failed at this my whole adult life so any education and support I can get, I will capitalize on I appreciate your taking the lead on this and coordinating. I want this to be the last time I ever diet - I have learned so much these last 7 months, even though beforehand, I thought I was pretty well-educated on the topic of diet and exercise so this would be a needed addition to that. I don't know of any here and to listen to somebody who has lost 90 pounds and maintained for years and meet up with you guys would be invaluable to me. I'll let you know. I think I will be able to go because even if doc takes me off this, I will need to maintain Plus, I am not sure what type of doctor she is but maybe I would have the opportunity to discuss with her the particular medical challenges I now have in the context potentially of any IP adjustments as well as exercise.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 12:03 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

Oneuh - I haven't been on the forum in the last few days so just seeing this. But, I would love to meet up with you. I didn't have time to even read the details but I'll mark my calendar.
shasta10 is offline   Reply With Quote