Old 03-03-2015, 08:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 176/170/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Postpartum waist = way too big

I am 2 months postpartum and my waist is now 43 inches. It's always been big (I am an apple body type with PCOS and insulin resistance) but this is a new (non-pregnant) high. Just feeling bummed out and like I will never get back to a reasonable waist size. The rest of me isn't that big, so it's really hard to find clothes to wear.
Mission2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

I remember after i had my son, it took months for my waist to return to something I was used to. I wore yoga pants because they stretched.
Breast feeding helped, focusing on veggies every meal helped. I didnt focus too much on other things. Just those, and no soda. Water only. I was able to drop 30#s. You have additional health concerns but doing those things should help across the board.
I remember feeling so upset because of how the body chanhes after having a baby. It gets better.
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 176/170/130

You are so right. I am just upset I have to go back to work in maternity pants because I can't fit into any regular work pants!! But I know this isn't going to be fixed overnight...
Mission2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 02:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/207/130

Height: 5"6

I understand how you feel. Two months prior to my pregnancy I finally acheived my goal weight only to gain all of the weight back and then some and in all the wrong places. My daughter is now one and I'm just starting to see myself again and unfortuntely I don't like what I see in the mirror. I'm trying though to remain positive because I know negativity can stall weight loss and I wouldn't want my daughter to beat herself up over her body so why should I? It's not easier. Good Luck!
dundun1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 03:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

I've not had kids, but is part of it because sleep deprivation affects your hormones, and that affects where you store weight?
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 03:21 PM   #6  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

My waist was 44 after my twin boys were born. And I wasn't even carrying them...obviously...

Last edited by IanG; 04-02-2015 at 03:22 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 167/re-start:153/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

I am pear shaped and normally never carry weight in my abdomen, but since having my soon (3 months ago) I now have some weight in my lower abdomen and it's driving me nuts-- not to mention that my thighs/butt is huge now. I am still mostly in maternity pants and yoga pants too. It's frustrating but I am losing it little by little.

I was nearly 200 lbs before I gave birth, and dropped to 167 three weeks postpartum, but now I am working on losing the rest of the weight and it's been a really slow process. I still have 26 lbs to go, but I am trying to remind myself that my body is different now, and I need to be realistic about losing the weight while caring for my son and working -- so, while I would love to lose it all over the next few months, I imagine I won't be back to my pre-pregnancy weight for several more months. Remember, it took 9 months to gain the weight, give yourself 9 months to lose it (or get close to losing it all).
seize the day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Ian - I wish I could like your post, that's funny! lol

I have no idea what my waist is and I have no intention of finding out,lol....in any event much bigger than I would like! My baby is 9 months and I am finally ready to get back into the swing of things.

Esofia - Maybe you're right about sleep deprivation, not sure! Sleep deprivation for me usually translates into not wanting to do much and eating lots of starchy comfort foods. Ugh!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote