Old 03-01-2015, 10:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 199/166/135

Height: 5"1

Default March Chat

Thought I'd kick off a new chat for a new month!

I am going to Thailand for 12 days this month so my aim is to finish the month with a 1.5kg (3.3lbs) loss- anything more would be unrealistic I think!

February was a good month- I lost 3.5kg (7.7lbs) which was a welcome relief after a fairly slow January!

What are your goals this month?
flickety_switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

Goals this month:
1.) Drink more water, less diet ginger ale (I'd like to make a 12 pack of cans last 2 weeks).
2.) Lose at least 6 lbs. (average 1.5 lbs per WI).
3.) Track everything (which I've been very good at, even the girl scout cookies today!).
4.) Stick with it.

I think the last one is most important to me. I'm starting to get a bit bored with the same foods...I'd rather skip breakfast because it's easy to do, but I know I shouldn't. I've been trying to pin new recipes and ideas/foods/products to try, but I'm not finding a whole lot that's appealing to me... It's getting harder and harder to meal plan. Although, I did finally find the Carb Balance Mission tortillas, so I see breakfast burritos in my future (maybe a big batch to freeze and reheat?).

I did see one interesting snack/dessert idea on pinterest tonight, I need to check product ingredients to be sure, but I might try it. You take 16 oz of plain fat free greek yogurt, 1 package of FF, SF Jello Cheesecake flavored pudding mix, 1-2 Tbsp skim milk and frozen berries (no sugar or juice added). Mix yogurt, jello pudding mix, add milk if desired until you reach your desired consistency. Add frozen or thawed berries and eat. I was thinking of adding some graham cracker crumbs as well.

I'm also having a bit of trouble with IBS (I know, TMI) since I'm eating more greens, more fibrous foods, more dairy, etc. I know it will all cycle out, it's just embarrassing at times.

I'm rambling... it's 2:42am here in Maine and my mind won't slow down long enough for me to sleep!
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:54 AM   #3  
Proud US Navy Wife

Congrats sunarie!

My monthly goal is to change my eating times... I am in night school, so I usually eat dinner when I get home, which is late. So I'm going to try bringing most of my dinner with me and eating a small something when I get home.

Other than that, Tues (technically tomorrow for me) is my dr appointment. I am hoping that I lost enough to actually get seen. My scale says I have, but i am still scared.
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 12:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 269/ticker/179

Height: 5'11

Hi everyone,

Tonight is my second meeting, so I'll weigh in then, and find out how I did my first week. (My home scale says I lost five lbs, but I forgot to compare starting weight on at home scale to WW scale!) My goal for this month is to lose 5% of my starting weight. That'll be 13.5 lbs. That sounds ambitious, but if my home scale is right, I have a pretty good head start! I'll update later with the results!

-Fae, I know how hard that is. I had night classes last semester, and wasn't eating dinner until 11pm. I definitely think that contributed to my weight gain.

-MrsD - that dessert sounds yummy!

-Flick - Thailand?! That sounds like an incredible adventure!!

Last edited by iSpoons; 03-02-2015 at 01:26 PM.
iSpoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Flickety_switch - Thank you for all your kind words! Hopefully your babysitting went well. As far as Thailand stuff I'd probably do my best to track points, and eat healthy when tracking isn't possible. Congrats on your losses over February! My goals for March are pretty much just a lb a week and really getting back on track with exercising. I've been missing it too much lately.

archychick - Welcome! Bellydancing is something that's always looked so fun to me. Unfortunately I'm really uncoordinated when it comes to dancing. I'd still like to learn at some point, but not while I'm so heavy.

Shelsar - Welcome to you as well. Yay for tracking everything!

Elainedc - Thank you! The ring is really pretty. I can't stop looking at it. So sparkly! Weekly points resetting is pretty awesome too

iSpoons - Good luck with your weigh in tonight! Hopefully the week went well! 13.5lbs is ambitious, but you can do it. Don't be too let down if you don't, however. Setting ambitious goals is fun, and meeting them is great.. but I know personally I've had to adjust because if I do that and don't meet them it's easy to focus on what I didn't do instead of what I did accomplish. So keep positive and make sure you focus on what you did good either way!

MrsD - Breakfast burritos can be awesome, and they're super easy to bulk make and freeze to reheat. I don't really do breakfast either, so I had to find something that works, as breakfast is still important. For me that's the carnation instant breakfast drinks. Definitely find what works for you.

FaeReverie - Good luck with your doctor's appointment! Changing eating times is tough, but can make a huge difference. That's a wonderful goal for the month

I had a fun weekend. We went out and celebrated. I probably lost a bit less than I could have as a result, but it was happy celebration time so oh well.. and I didn't go completely and utterly off plan or anything, outside of a few mixed drinks. Wedding won't be for five years, long way off. We want it on Feb 29th (that's the day we started dating), and that only comes around every four. Next year is the next time it does, but we've got the big expensive trip to Disneyworld, so it's not financially feasible to have a wedding then too. Which means waiting until 2020. Which we knew ahead of the engagement.. but I have a ring now anyway. My brother is all sad cause he was the one looking to start a family straight off but he's now the last to get engaged/married.

Missed exercise on Friday.. really need to make sure I'm doing that stuff daily on weekdays like I'm suppose to. Got it done today though, so that's good! .8lb loss for last week.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/190

Height: 5'8"

So jealous of the Thailand trip! We are on yet another 2-hour delay day because of an ice storm. I am counting the seconds until summer - honestly that is helping me stay motivated. I'm only two weeks into WW and am still really liking the app and tracking - sure that will wear off at some point. My plan this week is to stay at my daily points, exercise at least three times, and see if that leads to a loss on Friday despite using up a lot of weeklies at a Saturday night dinner party. No one in my family knows I'm doing this yet - just trying to be subtle - trying to stay away from snacks while working from home today.

Good luck to all!
elaineindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 269/ticker/179

Height: 5'11

-Sunarie - Thank you so much! My weigh-in said I lost 4.2 lbs, so not too far off from what I thought! So now for the month of March, my remaining goal is to lose 9.3 lbs. I think I'll be able to do this since I'm just starting out. I hear you lose more in the beginning. Also, I didn't get any exercise last week since I'm on spring break from school, but tonight I walked the 3 miles home from the meeting, so I'm off to a good start for the week! I'm totally going to take your advice, and remain positive, even if I don't make it!

That brings me to another goal for this month --- start exercising more!

-elaine - good luck! I also am new to WW, just had my second meeting tonight. Are you going to tell your loved ones? Do you think they'll be supportive? My family and my boyfriend know, and when I found out I lost four lbs this week, I thought they'd be more enthused, but meh. I just had to remind myself that it's the first step of my journey, and I'll continue it even without getting a big reaction. I know they support me, and for that I consider myself really lucky. I hope you can surround yourself with support as well! I know some people do better when they just do it on their own, but if you need support, we're here for you!
iSpoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:25 AM   #8  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Sun - EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! CONGRATS!!!

MRSD - I do bulk breakfasts 99% of the time. I cycle between egg bakes and breakfast burritos.

Fae - GL at the Docs!

Spoons - a good support system is key! Numerous studies have shown that people with good support systems are more likely to lose the weight and keep it off.

________

Sorry I've been MIA! Things have been crazy. We had a "Winter storm" last week that left me working from home and DH is in Hollywood this week for work so I'm working from home again.

I'm really struggling with losing while training for a half marathon. I know that sounds crazy, but figuring out the perfect combo of eating while training is really tough for me. So, two weeks ago I lost 3.6lbs and I earned 49 APs and ate 49APs and did NOT touch my weeklies. LAST week I earned 75APs, ate 75APs, did NOT touch my weeklies and gained 0.2lbs. This week I'm on course to earn another 75APs and I'm gaining. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Thankfully the 1/2 is in 3 weeks which means that after that I'll still be active, but not insane active. lol
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:37 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Just checking in with everyone - I feel like I disappeared! I had a rough few weeks, then went to FL for a work conference, and got back just in time for my first therapy appointment. I feel a little better now, but definitely know there is a lot of work ahead of me.

I have some tangible goals to work on with her, and I've started already. She has suggested that I may want to look a low dose anti-anxiety medication, but I think that I should stop self-medicating with champagne before I look at that as an option, so that's what I've been up to.

On the wedding front, I've found two dresses that are perfect for me and are sold off the rack at Macy's. They're definitely more my style and flatter my body MUCH more. Now to decide which one.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:28 PM   #10  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

I'm an online-only WW'r and this forum is my WW meeting. lol I lost 42lbs last year on this plan, but put it all back on quickly in only a matter of a few months due to stress. Dangerous, I know, but I learned some things and am managing my life and eating better now.

Onward!

March Goals:

Weight: 10-15lb loss
Consistent tracking
Consistently staying on plan
Consistent water intake
Increase fiber / decrease carbs
Rehearse dance several days a week - increase stamina

Basically my goal is to maintain consistency to make this healthier way of living ease naturally into a normal lifestyle. I am heading off to France for a month, returning to where we were last year in an apartment where I had absolutely no trouble staying on track there last year as I was able to cook (which I love to do and peruse the grocery stores and markets).

Munchy: I have disappeared too. I quit the sauce for a while myself for the same reason and my anxiety has noticeably decreased (and it's Tax Season!). Valarian Root has also helped me. I am also taking Rhodiola which helps the body adapt to stress and I think it is helping with my weight loss. Congratulations on your wedding! I am sure you will pick the perfect dress.

Flick: Oh, I love Thailand - been there twice. Where are you going? Really, there is an abundance of fruit and vegetables there, so you should be able to happily stay pretty much on track. Lots of protein-rich salads and the Tum Yum soup (a seafood soup) is really healthy and very filling. Not to mention that you'll sweat a lot and get a lot of exercise. Enjoy every minute!

Sunarie: Listen, girl. The bellydance community is full of us full-figured gals like us who can dance! It gently works & strengthens your core and helps you become more in tune with your body (was created to ready the body for childbirth). If you have an interest and a class near by, I say do it now. Use it as your exercise in class and at home. Believe me, nobody is going to bat an eyelash at your size. The community is one that is generally very compassionate, welcoming and kind. Don't believe what you see on TV as it doesn't reflect the general bellydance communities. Oh, your ring is lovely!

MrsD: Great goal list and I based mine off of yours. I love Maine - I'm originally from MA. Really, I don't believe in TMI in a forum such as this. The more info. we share, the more we and others can learn how to deal with different issues.

Fae: Ugh, I totally get you. ((HUGS)) and good luck at the doctor.

iSpoons: Go you! Sending vibes for your success! --------------->

elaineindc: Think positively. It is working now and will keep working. Also sending you successful vibes --------------->
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:34 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

I did well today, I feel really good about my choices. We got Girl Scout cookies this past weekend and in the past the 3 boxes would have been gone by now, but we still have 2.5 boxes left! My scale is fluctuating a bit, it's making me nervous. I've been under some considerable stress the past several days, so maybe that's contributing...The good news is I haven't been stress eating! My sleep schedule is a little off, but I am hoping tonight I can get back on track.

iSpoons: The "cheesecake" yogurt dessert was really good! I think next time I'll add some lemon Sweet Leaf drops. It comes out to 2PP for 1/4 of a cup. I didn't mention that in the first post, but don't eat all 16 oz at once! I can't handle a whole cup at a time, but a whole cup is still only 4PP if you want to eat that much. I had it with frozen raspberries, very good!

Sunarie: I had a breakfast burrito this morning, but I only made one. I wasn't sure if I needed 2 eggs or one and we're running out of salsa. This mornings was pretty huge. I used my Pampered Chef Microwave Egg Cooker to make 2 scrambled eggs, I topped them with 4 Tbsp of cheese and salsa. It was good and kept me full pretty long. I hate buying egg beaters because they're really expensive, but I might splurge so I can get the same amount of egg for less points. The tortillas are 4PP each, more than I expected, but they're large. I like carnation instant breakfast, but I cannot have it because of the Vit. K in it. I did find some Special K Protein breakfast drinks in coffee flavors today. They are premixed ready to drink bottles, 5PP for 10oz. I'm going to try one tomorrow morning. They have Sucralose in them, but it's at the bottom of the ingredient list. I think if I drink slow I might be okay. I also think it was you who mentioned the little squirt bottles to add flavor to water. I decided to get some lemon juice in a squirt bottle, which has no added sugar and it's been helpful so far!

SoMuchFattitude: Do you freeze your burritos with salsa/sour cream on them or add it after? What do you put in your burritos? I've been doing whole eggs, cheese, salsa and sometimes sour cream. But I was using smaller taco shells that are 2PP versus these larger ones for 4PP. I thought the carb balance tortillas would be low in points, 4PP seems high for me, but I'll eat what I bought.

ArchyChick: Small world! I love Boston, but only in small doses. We ride the AmTrack down from Brunswick, Maine. We haven't been in several years...I had some DVTs and PEs in 2012 and I'm still recovering as far as physical activity goes. My husband has offered to rent/buy a wheelchair, but I feel like I'd be holding him up and it'd just be tedious.

I hope everyone is having a good week!
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 02:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

elainedc - I work from home too, keeping away from snacking is difficult! We had to get rid of basically all snack foods for around 2 months before re-introducing them. The break seemed to help with self control. There are still some things I keep away though. Certain types of chips being one of them.

iSpoons - Congrats! That's an awesome start towards your goal. I'm with ya in trying to exercise more. So far I've been doing well.

SoMuchFattitude - Welcome back from being MIA! Yay for the marathon getting closer. Boo for weight being all wacky during training. Hopefully working from home is treating you well.

Munchy - Glad to see you posting. I am so, so happy that you saw someone, and happy to hear you've got a plan of action! I wanna see whichever dress you decide on

Archychick - The bellydancing is a self-confidence issue. Right now I have a tremendously hard time even exercising in front of other people. Your goals for March are awesome! I love non-scale related goals!

MrsD - Glad to hear you found a drink that worked. Getting in that liquid does help a bunch, or at least it has for me. In more ways than just weight loss too. My lips use to be chapped often, and now they're not. I am attributing the change to getting more fluids. Girl scout cookies are amazing. I rarely get them though. Thin mints are just yummy. I can down a whole box in one sitting. Which is why I rarely get them, lol! Yay for not stress eating!

So my ex is being kind of a jerk. I was suppose to get my son this weekend, and he was suppose to meet me Friday night cause usually we drive halfway to meet each other in the middle. Otherwise the drive is about an hour and 45 minutes from my house to his. So this way we each only drive around 50 or whatever minutes each way. Anyway, engagement announcement was posted on Facebook on Friday, so he saw it and has to know.. and today I was re-confirming the time to pick up kiddo. Suddenly "something came up" and he can't meet me anymore. Really hoping it's just astounding coincidence and he's not being passive aggressive and making me drive a bunch of extra time because he isn't happy about the engagement.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 03:01 PM   #13  
Proud US Navy Wife

Hey everyone!

Well the good news is that my weight at the Dr office was 242! Which means I am under their weight limit, and can now get treatment. So hopefully good things will happen 8n the coming months! I also told them it wasn't right thar I was told about the weight limit after getting there, so yay me sticking up for myself.

Bringing meals to school is working out well so far. I forsee myself doing a lot of cooking and freezing, to keep from eating nothing but box meals all day.

Elaine - I totally agree with being ready for summer. All the snow and ice is throwing me off!

Muncy - Yay wedding dresses! And I hope you had fun in florida.

Archy- I'm also online only.

Sunarie- *hugs* I'm sorry your ex is being a jerk! I have a friend in a similar situation... hopefully it is just a coincidence
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/190

Height: 5'8"

Ok, team, kind of disappointing weigh in today - no change. My period started yesterday, however, and I am trying to guess how much of an impact that might have had. I've been really good this week. I had one splurge night last Saturday, but still had 22 weeklies left by my weigh in. Anyone have any words of wisdom about how much your period can influence a weigh in? I'm trying to stay optimistic
elaineindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 09:41 PM   #15  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

I ordered pizza for the fam from our fave local pizza joint as I worked late and my son is having a friend over. However, I am looking forward to my chicken topped pasta salad. I did order myself a bottle of Diet Pepsi though (these rare times are the only times I bring pop into the apartment). I just received my order of VitaTops and I have to say that they may be the very thing I need for my "nightcap". I do like that they are not overly sweet so they don't trigger the desire for sugar.

I am feeling so much lighter in my stomach and can't wait to weigh myself tomorrow. I also can't wait for dance practice because it has been a heavy work week and I didn't practice at all. I am looking forward to moving my bum!

MrsD: Nice job with the cookie situation! These are the victories that will build up our success. I too stress eat and that can be such a tough thing to overcome. I'm right there with you on that.

Fae: So happy for you! Sounds like you have a good plan. I have always meal planned and it has been crucial for me now.

Sun: Sending good vibes your way. ------------->

elaine: I have no words of wisdom today about periods. lol However, it sounds like you are creating a lifestyle you can live with and are mindful of what you are doing. That's a victory.
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote