maintaining since 9/2013

Default Maintainers Vol. 18

Time for a new thread! Here is a link to the previous one:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...e-17-a-34.html
Old 02-26-2015, 07:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi all,

Popcorn today, phase 1 tomorrow Hope that all of you are well today.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:35 AM   #3  
started IP June 21, 2014

S/C/G: 182/133.4/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

A quick hello to everyone!

Work has been super busy, and I've also been preparing to teach a class for the first time this saturday. I've pretty much lost the water weight from our fun weekend, so I'm glad of that.

One of my class slides says:
values are important ideas we live in the moment, goals are achievable and motivate the future.
To bring that here---
Being healthy is what I live right now, maintaining my weight is what I will achieve on an ongoing basis.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:53 AM   #4  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Good morning!

Still haven't got all caught up, but hope all are doing well.

good luck with your class Murrcat! i like your slide - very motivating.

I'm hoping for a quiet weekend where I can actually get things done. Seems like I've been running from one thing to the next for the past few weeks and not accomplishing a whole lot.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!
Old 02-27-2015, 09:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hi Ruth Ann! Nice to hear from you, life can be crazy hey!

I agree Murrcat! Living healthy is the goal! Enjoy the popcorn Slip!

Its Friday and so the weekend begins, which as usual, is my challenge with eating. But, I do allow treats on the weekend and try not to go crazy. I am definitely feeling better so got a run in yesterday and am hoping to get to the gym today. I am in mid range but creeping up so would like to get a couple lbs down. Its neverending but I keep plugging. Have a great day maintainers!
Old 02-27-2015, 01:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi gals! Trying to seriously do P1, and get things back to where I like them. Looking over things I tend to go right back to maintenance eating which will maintain my bit of gain, duh. I am so looking forward to getting my husband off to work again, by this time of the winter we are starting to get on each others nerves and we are getting tired of each other's little obsessions. I always have an easier time eating to plan if he isn't around. Both of us have pants that don't fit us again. So time to buckle down. I have to work the next couple nights, so life will be easier for me foodwise.

Liana
Old 02-27-2015, 04:59 PM   #7  
started IP 6/21/14

S/C/G: SCG: 156/125/125

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone! Wow - new thread!

Liana, you are brilliant. Adding some protein powder to my cereal is GENIUS. I bought some nuts today to make into protein granola, too. Going to get baking - hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Old 02-27-2015, 08:45 PM   #8  
started IP June 21, 2014

S/C/G: 182/133.4/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Hello Everyone,

Well, my class tomorrow morning was canceled at the last minute....I'm both relieved and disappointed at the same time.

Maybe I will get up in time for yoga class tomorrow instead.

Ruth Ann, I hope you get some well needed rest. Liana, I hope the night work goes well. Everyone else, have a fantastic weekend!!!
Old 02-28-2015, 06:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Happy Saturday ladies,

I will echo that Liana is brilliant. Always tons of creative ideas of what to do with food. It's great to see you Ruth Ann, I hope you find some time for you this weekend. That is a huge accomplishment keeping your wait stable when life throws you all that stressful stuff.

Murrcat - what do you teach? I love the quote. I may print it out and stick it on my mirror.

Hawaii- sounds like you've got the weekend well thought out. I'm glad your feeling better. How was your run Thursday?

Slip - love popcorn. Always worth P1 the next day.

It is - 13 today but with the wind -20 but I'm excited that it will go up to -19 on my 25km run this morning. Last weekend my lashes and eyebrows froze and I had icicles off my hair. Don't think today will be to much better. I'm at the very top of my range 162 and the inches are up. Coach did a new body comp from August and overall fat is down. I know those things aren't reliable but I feel like it may make sense since my activity has increased.
Sounds like everyone is working hard, keep it up!
Old 02-28-2015, 11:05 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Happy Saturday Maintainers!

It has been a weird wintery week here in Dallas. Sun/Mon we had an ice storm and my office was closed. Driving was still iffy on Tues. morning so I didn't get to work till around 11. Then we had snow starting around 9 yesterday morning and work closed at noon. We are just not equipped to deal with this stuff down here so it's a big deal. Schools and business close because we don't know how to drive on it. It makes me want numerous cups of tea/hot chocolate.

I finished up PT this week and the prognosis is that I will recover, it's just going to take time and a dedication to the exercises I've been prescribed. I'll know more when I go back to the Ortho on Monday. I was supposed to go on an easy nature hike this morning but it was cancelled because SNOW. It's 27 degrees here right now with a windchill of 14. Where is spring? So since I am stuck inside, I started my new book club book "The Snow Child". Appropriate.

Slip: Hope you enjoyed your popcorn. I love popcorn. Especially the jelly belly flavored ones!

Murrcat: Sorry your class got cancelled. Will you get another chance to do that? I really liked your quote.

RuthAnn: Sounds like things have been pretty hectic for you. Hope you get a quiet weekend.

Hawaii: Sounds like you are right on track. Enjoy your run this weekend.

darth: I printed out that granola recipe you posted. Thanks! I have been eating the Bare Naked granola as well but I prefer to make my own so I know exactly what is in it.

Jenny: Ice running! Wow. I love your dedication to exercise. I'm such a weanie. I stay inside if it's below 30 degrees.

to all the other Maintainers out there! Stay warm and enjoy your weekend!
Old 02-28-2015, 01:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi ladies, my free day has me up over scream weight- so super clean again for the next couple of days. Heading for my spa weekend for my BF/SIL 50th birthday next weekend. This will include a couple of free days and I want to be in my low range in preparation. Seems like it takes very little "free" and a whole lot of clean to even things out lately. Persistence is the key.

Andrea, glad that your knee is improving. Good luck at your ortho. Appt. sorry that you are dealing with the snow and ice. We are expecting more tomorrow night. May be a tricky ride on Mon. morning because it is prof. dev. and the kids are off school- my bet is that they make us drive in it.

Murrcat- sorry about your class. Was it at your clinic?

Ruth Ann, HI! Great to see you

Jenny- good luck on your run! Brr...

Hawaii- it is never ending, but we chug along together
Old 02-28-2015, 01:41 PM   #12  

Andrea - I can't believ your getting snow in Dallas. How often does that happen? I would imagine it would be a big deal and smart to stay off the roads if you're not familiar with driving in it. Good news with your knee and hopefully the road to recovery is not too long.

Slip - I bet is is the salt from the popcorn. Flush OT out with lots of water and it will be off in no time..

My run went really well, started out thinking "crap brrr crap what was I thinking" but then it warmed up, you could feel the sun and I was taking my gloves on and off cuz I was hot and unzipping my coat. We got some crazy looks from people in their cars but I got the 25km in and came home and soaked in an Epson salt bath. Ate pasta with chicken Catchatorie for lunch to help recover and am having a P1 dinner with a friend who is on day 5 of IP.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:42 PM   #13  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

I am stealing that granola recipe too, darth!

The P1 alt plan wasn't working for me, even with the added calories and variety of food. So I'm moving to P3 until I can get my eating and cravings under control. I'm also adding in exercise as a part of the deal. Yesterday and today I got up and did level 1 of Jillian Michael's 30 day shred all the way through, no stopping! Feeling sore, but good and no guilt about lazing on the couch with a pot of tea the rest of this yucky day (we have snow and freezing rain coming down). My plan is to do the shred all the way through with one rest day in the middle of each level unless I feel like I can power through. I think once I get past tomorrow, a work day, I'll really have some momentum.

I've been making overnight gluten free oats following the Skinnytaste recipe for my boyfriend. I think I might fiddle with it to make it P3 compliant - skip the chia and add some almond or peanut butter. http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/06/s...ts-in-jar.html
Old 03-01-2015, 07:11 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hi Maintainers;

Well, the weekend always hits and yesterday was not a great eating day for me but I did get a run in. But, I paid the price with my ibs yesterday and a bit today. I got my long run in today so am happy about that and eating better. Neverending!

Jenny; I usually write down when I exercise but honestly can't remember if I ran on Thursday! hee hee But, I did get a run in yesterday and today and plan on going to zumba tomorrow night

Catlady; Snow for you! That's crazy. What a strange winter for some of you. We are having mild weather and I'm not complaining. Spring looks to be coming soon. Enjoy your hiking!

Slip: Yes, we plug along don't we? And deal with the up pounds here and there but its great to just be dealing with a few of those.

Pishposh; love Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Its a great workout.

Have a great week ahead everyone!
Old 03-02-2015, 09:02 AM   #15  

Happy Monday,

The sun is out and I feel like we may be coming towards the end of this horrible winter. I'm struggling to get theses last 3lbs off. I have made a commitment today to get my act together. It is the sugas beast

Hope everyone has a great day
Closed Thread