General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2001, 10:20 AM   #1  
Viva la vida loca!

S/C/G: 360/329/297 (second 10%)

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs down

Eat Right 4 Your Type/Live Right 4 Your Type

The Individualized Solution to staying healthy, living longer and achieving your ideal weight.

If you’ve ever suspected that not everyone should eat the same thing or do the same exercise, you’re right. In fact, what foods we absorb well and how our bodies handle stress differ with each blood type.

Your blood type reflects your internal chemistry. It is the key that unlocks the mysteries of disease, longevity, fitness and emotional strength. It determines your susceptibility to illness, the foods you should eat, and ways to avoid the most troubling health problems.

With Eat Right 4 Your Type or Live Right 4 Your Type, you’ll learn:
  • Which foods, spices, teas and condiments help someone of your blood type maintain optimal health and ideal weight;
  • Which vitamins and supplements to emphasize or avoid;
  • Which medications function best in your system;
  • Whether your stress goes to your muscles or your nervous system;
  • What types of exercise benefit you most;
  • How knowing your blood type can help you avoid many common viruses and infections;
  • How knowing your blood type can help you fight back against life-threatening diseases;
  • How to slow down the aging process by avoiding factors specific to your blood type that cause rapid cell deterioration.
The official website is http://www.dadamo.com
The books may be purchased retail at any bookseller. You might also check http://www.half.com for books at reduced prices. There is also a cookbook called “Cook Right 4 Your Type.”

Please make yourself at home here. Post frequently, and please include your blood type (if known. If not, we can tell you where to get it )
Old 05-07-2001, 10:26 AM   #2  
Viva la vida loca!

Hi all

Man, are we the walking wounded!!

jmtank, how are you feeling? much better, I hope! An "intestinal disturbance" of any kind can sure knock me flat.

Threads, did you re-start today? Making big lifestyle changes can be hard. Dr.D'Adamo always stresses to make little changes along the way, not great big ones all at the same time.

I'm eating more fruit this week, and raw vegetables. We had lamb chops last night with corn and a huge salad. I had a couple of chops and corn and more salad than anything. The lamb was a bit rich for my system (well DUH!! It's an AVOID. Fancy that!)

So -- I decided to get my blood type A butt in gear and eat more things that were beneficial.

I'll type more later -- business calls!

Hugs!
Old 05-07-2001, 11:35 AM   #3  
cookies are for browsers

I have a question for you. I think there is a lot to the ER4YT, it makes sense to me.

Here's my question: I am a vegetarian and a type O. Can I go on this plan and stay vegetarian? I tried looking on the website but it doesn't have any information and I don't want to buy a book that I won't use if the answer is no.

Thanks.
Old 05-07-2001, 11:42 AM   #4  
Viva la vida loca!

Hi Jennifa!

The type O diet is primarily meat-driven. Because type O blood tends to be very acidic, the alkaline-based vegetarian diet is not supposed to work as well.

I know type O vegetarians who swear they feel great and wouldn't eat meat for anything. Well, if they feel good, I'm happy for them

I've also seen them lose the last 5 or 10 stubborn pounds when they give up their pasta and wheat-based products.

So if you plan on remaining a vegetarian (I presume you also don't eat eggs or dairy) then the program may not be for you. To get a better answer, you might consider posting to the website http://www.dadamo.com with a question about vegetarianism and type O blood.

I wish you every success in your journey. If you decide you'd like to join us, we welcome you. If not, good luck in your ventures.
Old 05-07-2001, 03:07 PM   #5  
cookies are for browsers

Waterbaby,

Thanks for your reply - it says a lot about you that you can give information without judging. I appreciate that. I do eat eggs and cheese, but meat has a texture that I just can't take.

If I decide that I can try other meats, I may be back. Turns out soy is grossing me out, too! Do they have a "cheese cracker and chocolate" blood type? I'd sign up for that one.

best wishes for a happy and healthy weight loss path,

Jennifa

Actually I did find on the "Ask Dr. Adamo" the "Vegan Type O?" question; if you hit the website, don't go to the message boards, go to the Ask Dr. A. section and look for that question. I'm still considering. I need to see the book.

Last edited by jennifa; 05-07-2001 at 03:25 PM.
Old 05-07-2001, 03:38 PM   #6  
Viva la vida loca!

Hey!

If they had a "cheese cracker" and "chocolate" blood group, I'd join, too!

As an "A" I can have a little chocolate (why bother?) but no cheese crackers.

With my blood type, I'm the natural vegetarian. I'm telling you, some tofu and other soy is very unappetizing.

As an "O" blood type you can have many varieties of fish, and your eggs count toward your protein. Dairy is an "avoid" food. Too, the portion sizes for your meat is only 3-5 ounces, not a brontosaurus haunch

Check in periodically and let us know how you are doing with the plan of your choice. This board is about support, no matter what your food plan!

Thanks for your kind words
Old 05-07-2001, 11:34 PM   #7  
cookies are for browsers

Waterbaby,

Thanks for your comments. I am considering the plan. I'm only a vegetarian because I can't stand the texture of meat. Maybe I could try something else. I do remember enjoying turkey and buffalo. I'm not too keen on dairy (except cheese). Maybe we should trade blood types and then we'd both be thin!

Best wishes to you for a skinnier you!

Jennifa
Old 05-08-2001, 08:28 AM   #8  
Viva la vida loca!

Hey!

I've often wished I were a type O, actually. Seems as though many diet plans are aimed at them, as opposed to ol' friendly-to-infections type A.

Buffalo is very good for you. It acts as medicine to your body. Turkey is neutral, meaning it acts as a food only.

See if your library has the book. Read about your blood type and see if the plan appeals to you. Then at least you have a full picture. I've not given you enough details to make a fair analysis of the program, and it would be a disservice to you to try to tell you everything about your blood type. Let the expert tell you in his book.

Here's to seeing "less" of you!
Old 05-08-2001, 07:46 PM   #9  

ECK! ! I hate this where I have to remember my password. It not one I assigned myself. But I did get to log-in.
Well, I took my Chapter 6 test today. Zeroed out big time.
Am suppose to take my final tomorrow morning but the teachers where I work are having a meeting and I will be teaching one of the classes while they meet which is the time of my test. So will take my test Thursday afternoon.
I knew that I would cry at my test and I did. I am not retaining the information. The problem is no one way to do a problem and my way is not the right way. I think I will do some of the test at the end of each chapter tonight and then see if the teacher will tutor me tomorrow afternoon.
We did have a medical scare on my husband this week-end. He was losing his balance and his ear felt funny on the side where he had had the cancer surgery. It ended up inner ear infection, they think. We hope that is what it is.
Well, I have been missing all the postings. It has not been letting me know when someone post. But I need to post on this thread once and then it will email me. Dumb me.

Need to get so I can study.
Old 05-09-2001, 09:27 AM   #10  
Viva la vida loca!

Hey!

jmtank, you have really had a rotten go of things lately. I am so sorry!

I used to cry over algebra tests, too, and it is so stupid that you have to do things someone else's way in order to be considered correct on questions. That is such old thinking!!!

Good luck on your test on Thursday. I'll say a little extra prayer for you -- not a prayer that you do really well, but a prayer that you will be okay with the outcome, whatever it is.

And I'm so glad that DH's incident was an inner ear infection instead of something more serious.

I hope you can take some time for yourself before long and just relax You've earned it!

Threads, how are you? Would love to see a post when you have time...

Jennifa, made any decisions about ER4YT? We're here to help if you need us.

I ate French fries last night and tasted them all night long -- yuk!! I know they're an Avoid and ate them anyway. They staged Toughman competitions in my stomach all night, so I will be more careful about my food!

Hugs!
Old 05-09-2001, 05:23 PM   #11  

I am so scared and feeling pressured about this test that my husband caught me making crib notes to fix in the cover of my calculator. All he did was ask me what do I do when I catch the students doing that. And the funny thing is when I catch the students doing it the thing they are cheating on is a minor grade paper. My test tomorrow afternoon is going to be equal to two test. Like that is not pressure what is.

Have a mother=daughter dinner to go to tonight with my mother and hit the books. Need to get off and grade some papers for the students for a test they are going to do tomorrow and it will be open-book and open-notes.

Thanks for your prayer.
Old 05-10-2001, 09:57 AM   #12  

Hi,,,I am back. Yes I got with the progam starting Monday.Fell off last night and ate bread. I am doing the ER4YT with low carb. I can't remember if waterbaby or jmtank told me there is some one that is doing the combo thing. Well, could either of you highlight the web site and give me the instructions on how to get there. I need detail descriptions on what to do with my computer. All I have learned, has been on my own.

My daughter has started WW at home and is doing good. I am grasping at straws and thinking about doing it using low carbs and ER4YT. I will find something that works for me one of these days.

Well I better get busy. NLB
Old 05-10-2001, 04:23 PM   #13  
Viva la vida loca!

Hi all!

jmtank, you are having such a tough time and I'm so, so sorry. Wish there was something I could do to help you and hope your test was easier than you thought. By now I hope it's over and you can look forward to not having to take it again

How did your mother/daughter dinner go? I bet it was fun. Never had the chance to go to one, but I wish I had. I still have my mom; we just never got invited.

Threads, each of us are unique and take bits and pieces from different things (whether it be diet plans or fabric) and can come up with a masterpiece or a nightmare. I admire your fitting pieces of different plans together to find what works for you. When you find it, the weight will slide right off.

Did you get all your vests done in time? I bet they looked sharp!

Had grilled portobello mushrooms with sliced red onion and a slice of tomato (an avoid for me) for lunch. The mushrooms had been marinated in some sort of herb and balsamic vinegar concoction that was most excellent. To a vegetarian, portobello mushrooms have a nice chewy consistency comparable to a tender steak. It's as close to red meat as I'm allowed to get...

Jennifa, did you give up on ER4YT? Let us know what you found that works for you! It's all about progress, not perfection.

Have a great rest of the day. And here's the daily thought:

"Never weigh more than your refrigerator."
Old 05-14-2001, 05:20 PM   #14  

I AM DONE WITH INTERMEDIATE ALGEBRA AND GOT A LOW C. No more college until July. And that one should be a piece of cake. It is computer.
Now I can concentrate on my new lifestyle of eating. It will be nice when I can get off this pill for my foot. It put 5 pounds on me and it is not coming off.
9 MORE DAYS OF WORK AND THEN A WEEK OFF. Then I will work a month of summer school in the Math department.
Old 05-14-2001, 05:41 PM   #15  

Good job jmtank!! I was always terrible in math and did not like school. I admire you!

I am trying to get on track again. I did get up at 5 a.m. and go walking for about 25 minutes. Then after lunch I walked to the mailbox which is about 1/2 mile round trip. I want to walk this evening too.

I saw a video that was taken last night,,,,,I was in it. Sad,,,,sad,,sad. I have really let myself go. I will be 54 in a couple of weeks. I told myself that I can't control looking older and getting a few wrinkles, but I can do something about the fat.

On that note I will go back to sewing. NLB
Closed Thread