Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 06:31 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat 2/21 - Sun 2/22/2015

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Link to a pdf of the doctor's book here.
Note: this is not the same as the current IP plan.

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-21-2015 at 12:49 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:07 AM   #2  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Rainbowsmiles: Since you two are shining star chefs in the kitchen... got any recipe ideas for an IP friendly baked egg custard? I am wondering if a couple of eggs or an egg and egg white combo with some almond milk or skim milk might make up into an egg custard... I have made the Sweet Fauxtato Pie (a custard with no crust), but I think I would like to have a custard without the rutabaga flavor. What do you think?
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...umn-2-a-3.html

scroll down to the creme brulee recipe....that is basically egg custard without the sugar shell on top
Old 02-21-2015, 09:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Height: 5'6"

Rainbow, your recipies are amazing. Can you advise on making an IP friendly beef stroganoff? IF remember correctly its the sour cream that is the problem. What about using a alternate cream of veggie soup mix? Gross or what?
I tried to look for something similar but no luck
Thanks
Old 02-21-2015, 10:26 AM   #4  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie48 View Post
Rainbow, your recipies are amazing. Can you advise on making an IP friendly beef stroganoff? IF remember correctly its the sour cream that is the problem. What about using a alternate cream of veggie soup mix? Gross or what?
I tried to look for something similar but no luck
Thanks
IP makes their own beef stroganoff you can order

however:

if i were going to make it, i might saute some mushrooms (which i dont like hahaha) and ground beef, and add the IP mushroom soup with half the water and add some steamed broccoli and ip rotini noodles...just a thought...as i have never made it.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Rainbow!
Old 02-21-2015, 11:02 AM   #6  

Height: 5'3"

I'm in a baking/cooking mood this morning. I think I'm going to try the shepherd's pie with cauliflower mash, but since I don't have the 16oz of ground meat, I'm gonna try it with a pot roast we made previously. Mmmm. We've had a ton of snow/ice for my area and I need something comforting.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 187/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Morning all! I've been working on a shopping list today, and I'm going to be trying lots of new things, including the delicious sounding chayote "apples"! We're having dinner with friends on Sunday, and I have no idea what they are making. I'm going to very carefully plan the rest of the day, and just eat things that I can
Old 02-21-2015, 11:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
I'm in a baking/cooking mood this morning. I think I'm going to try the shepherd's pie with cauliflower mash, but since I don't have the 16oz of ground meat, I'm gonna try it with a pot roast we made previously. Mmmm. We've had a ton of snow/ice for my area and I need something comforting.
Me too readytolive - we are getting a couple inches out of the same storm in NoVa and the cauliflower sheperds pie sounds perfect

Will say the xanthan gum I bought for the thickener was ridiculously expensive...anyone know how long it should store and have other yummy IP P1 recipes that can be made with it?

Last edited by hysteria_625; 02-21-2015 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 157/119.8/125 r/b 136/136/125

Height: 5'2"

I thought I'd drop in - been a while! Made muffins for the teen & his friend since they spent the night in the hayloft last night (probably talking about girls!). While the muffins looked yummy, I didn't indulge. My family has been watching the huge storms north of us (we live at the Gulf Coast)...our weather can't decide what it wants to do (40 one day, 70 the next). I am way behind the times - printed out a 6/2014 phase 1 sheet today & noticed a few changes with the unlimited veggies & finally the addition of yellow summer squash. Have a wonderful weekend!
Old 02-21-2015, 01:28 PM   #10  
Sunshine

S/C/G: S197.8/C174.4/G135

Height: 5'1"

anyone not taking the ideal protein vitamins? if no what brand would you recommend that are comparable and not as expensive. Trying to find a pack that has my daily vitamins in one to two pills instead of 7-8 a day. trying to save money but want to know I am taking something that is just as good or if not better health wise.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:14 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Sorry to do this...I consider myself fairly tech savvy, but have been unable to link a ticker to my profile. Went to the ticker factory, created my ticker, have the bb code (the first code):

I am pasting it in where indicated in "edit signature" and when I "save" continue to get "invalid file" messages.

Is it maybe too big? Am I pasting the wrong link? TIA for any advice

Last edited by hysteria_625; 02-21-2015 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:18 PM   #12  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Have any of you ever made shakshuka??

http://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/20...log-shakshuka/

This looks amazing! going to make it (with some modifications) for dinner tomorrow!

Last edited by staceyjblack; 02-21-2015 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:42 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Sorry to do this...I consider myself fairly tech savvy, but have been unable to link a ticker to my profile. Went to the ticker factory, created my ticker, have the bb code (the first code):

I am pasting it in where indicated in "edit signature" and when I "save" continue to get "invalid file" messages.

Is it maybe too big? Am I pasting the wrong link? TIA for any advice
How many days have you been a member?
Old 02-21-2015, 02:46 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by larn37 View Post
anyone not taking the ideal protein vitamins? if no what brand would you recommend that are comparable and not as expensive. Trying to find a pack that has my daily vitamins in one to two pills instead of 7-8 a day. trying to save money but want to know I am taking something that is just as good or if not better health wise.
I did a search for threads about vitamins.
I found MANY!
Maybe you would find the info you're looking for in one of them.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sear...archid=6369186

There is also info on alt vitamins from folks using alt products on the Alternatives thread.

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-21-2015 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:59 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

This is my day 3. I am SO TIRED. I don't remember being this tired, last time. Maybe the weather is contributing? Maybe I didn't sleep that well?

I'm sure everyone already knows about the broccoli cheesy bread recipe, but if not, I can confirm that it's pretty tasty, startlingly bread-like, and SO STICKY, WHOA. When they say "Pam the pie plate," they mean it; don't miss a spot, and don't use a lesser method of greasing it (like, say, coconut oil). http://idealproteinlg.com/index.php?...read&Itemid=46

Has anyone tried this one? Is it good? http://idealproteinlg.com/component/...cinnamon-bread

(This is not my clinic. I use things from all of the clinics that post things online.)
Closed Thread