Old 02-20-2015, 10:45 AM   #1  

Default 2015 IP Rebooters

I've seen so many rebooters posting in so many varied places (monthly newbie threads, 50+, 100%ers), I thought I'd create a spot for everyone.

Since rebooters aren't newbies and often make some alterations to 100% protocol, it seems fitting there be a spot.

There is a "gaining it all back" thread, but many don't fit there. Many of us have some up lbs to drop but didn't gain everything back. And even those who did, a restart is a restart.

Be sure to post in the daily chat, as well so everyone in the community can benefit from the experience we all have!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:55 AM   #2  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

Count me in as a 2015 Rebooter!!! What is everyone else doing different this time, if anything? I have decided not to micro-manage my carb intake. Last time I tried staying as low carb as possible in the IP packs. (no snacks and only restricted is my once a week veg chili is still my rule though). And no scale at home this time. Last time I was weighing my self every day. This time - nope - only at my WI.

Last edited by Great Dane; 02-20-2015 at 11:07 AM.
Great Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:24 AM   #3  

Hi lisa, I'm certainly a rebooter. I can't ever seem to stick to it and I was looking at something new. What do you think of the Venus Factor? I read an article on it and I'm still not sure what to think. The girl who wrote it at Health Headstart seems to approve but am I going to give up on that too? Help mee!
LeanneR230682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:26 AM   #4  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

This is a great idea, thanks Lisa! I have been rebooting to take off an additional five pounds since the holidays, but keep being derailed by cravings, events, and just a lack of willpower that I had while I was in the thick of P1. I've moved to the P1 alternative plan with the idea that it might keep my cravings in check. It's amazing that my first 60 pounds seemed to come off no problem, but now 7 measly pounds is a major mental hurdle!
pishposhappelsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:53 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
This is a great idea, thanks Lisa! I have been rebooting to take off an additional five pounds since the holidays, but keep being derailed by cravings, events, and just a lack of willpower that I had while I was in the thick of P1. I've moved to the P1 alternative plan with the idea that it might keep my cravings in check. It's amazing that my first 60 pounds seemed to come off no problem, but now 7 measly pounds is a major mental hurdle!
I can so relate!

I had a zero excuse policy my first time thru on IP.
Now, I cave for events I never caved for before.

This weekend we have a triva nite, which means excess food/drinks.
I've decided perhaps I can have a monthly fun nite (one weekend nite) until I'm back at goal. This way, I can choose the event and not celebrate all of them. After my year on p1, avoiding the drinking doesn't bother me at all.

Trivia nite is NOT the nite. So, I'm taking a veggie tray with cukes and celery (both now unlimited) and also red bell pepper for color (for others). I usually use a ranch dip. I'm not a ranch fan so that keeps me out of that. Now, if it were blue cheese, that would be a different story.

Great Dane: My biggest alteration to P1 is the fat. My docs have suggested a bit more than the p1 sheet (and different ones too). This is for thyroid health purposes. My most recent doc is suggesting 6 week cycles. 2 weeks p1, 2 weeks p2, and then 2 weeks of p3 before returning to p1. I'll review that with my coach (self-chosen, not at a clinic).

LeanneR230682: I think the best plan is the one you'll stick to. So, if IP doesn't work for you, then by all means, find another plan. You're certainly welcome here if you choose IP (have you looked at the alt plan for diabetics?)
Old 02-20-2015, 12:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Lisa- Have you cycled through the 6 weeks yet? Good results?

I am wondering if my thyroid is rebelling against me at this point (hashimotos). Tests show normal but we all know blood work is not the entire picture. The first 5 months everything went swimmingly and the last five months has just been up and down with the same 3 lbs.
CO_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:23 PM   #7  
Rather be riding!

S/C/G: 81.5/75.1/60 since 18Feb2015

Height: 157 cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Since rebooters aren't newbies and often make some alterations to 100% protocol, it seems fitting there be a spot.
Thank you Lisa, I'm definitely in this club! Here's the other post I made, but long story short I'm now living in Europe with a much more active lifestyle, but way more temptations too. So I'm doing IP for the second time, but this time using only alternatives (since I can't get the pouches here). Since I'm now coachless, I'm going to rely heavily on this forum for support.

Great Dane: I did IP last year with a LOT of skepticism about my success. Like a lot of people, I tried many things and didn't lose weight, and I suffer from "too much knowledge" so that I tend to micromanage every little thing. Initially I just told myself that I would do the IP plan 100% as written for one month without tweaking anything. I had two unrestricteds and one restricted pouch every day without carb counting, and measured out my veggies, and it worked for me with the best weightloss results I've ever had. Trust the system! It will work for you

Good luck to everyone!! Have a lovely Friday. It's supper time here and I've got a nice lean steak marinating My cooking skills have skyrocketed since last year. I used to be so afraid of it before I started this journey!
LuckyDVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 208/148/145

Height: 5'6

Thanks, Lisa. This is the perfect place for me to finally make my first post after lurking for about 8 months. I lost 50lbs last year on ideal protein with lots of support from this thread. I went off before meeting my goal in August because of diet fatigue and being told I was thin enough. I decided that if I still wanted to lose the last 12lbs, I would come back after the new year. Fortunately, with lots of help from the maintainers' thread, I managed to maintain without gaining any weight. But I was beginning to be a little less compulsive about maintenance and thought it was the perfect time for a reboot -- both to get back on track before I had a gain and to lose those last 12 lbs or so. So here I am, heading into my second week. Not getting as much support this time from my DH, who thinks I look fine and am "just torturing" myself. LOL
winewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:59 PM   #9  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Hi, Rebooters! I lost 60 pounds on IP and reached my goal in November 2012. I was pretty vigilant for a while and maintained pretty well for over a year. But, I made more excuses over time and didn't alway get right back to taking off any up pounds... so here I am, on my way back to goal.

Like Lisa - I was very vigilant about following protocol the first time around. This time, I'm a little more forgiving. An occasional cheat is OK as long as I am headed in the right direction and continue to lose. Sometimes that is an extra Quest bar, when I am stressed out and feel the need for a treat, or some PB2 in my shake. Small things, and nothing that has kicked me out of ketosis so far. I am losing more slowly than the first time around, but OK with that.

Last edited by Lizzy63; 02-20-2015 at 12:59 PM.
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:25 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Geez, I've been "rebooting"since 2012. I lost 50+ lbs in 2011 and maintained it for 8 months. Then I started dating and married a fellow food lover and started gaining. I've been yo-yoing since. I am a pro at losing weight- but a failure (thus far) at maintaining!
Like Lisa, I am planning to "cycle" through the phases. When I did Ip before, we were allowed 1 oz of cheese per day, so I guess I'm following old protocol.
My first go at IP was strict, but I had many adverse effects. My current plan is to go strict IP until I get under 200 lbs, go to phase 3 for 2-3 weeks, then restart the cycle. I need the structure of the protocol with some tweaks to offset the strain it puts on my body.
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 02:12 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
Lisa- Have you cycled through the 6 weeks yet? Good results?

I am wondering if my thyroid is rebelling against me at this point (hashimotos). Tests show normal but we all know blood work is not the entire picture. The first 5 months everything went swimmingly and the last five months has just been up and down with the same 3 lbs.
I have not. I need to review with my coach first.
I ran into the same problem about 10 months in after losing 95 lbs. I was still overweight according to BMI and just wanted to eek it under 150. Thyroid meds straightened out my numbers but I don't think it was the whole answer.

I'm good at losing or gaining. Maintaining? Not so much. It is a skill I have yet to learn.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:24 PM   #12  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by winewanderer View Post
Thanks, Lisa. This is the perfect place for me to finally make my first post after lurking for about 8 months. I lost 50lbs last year on ideal protein with lots of support from this thread. I went off before meeting my goal in August because of diet fatigue and being told I was thin enough. I decided that if I still wanted to lose the last 12lbs, I would come back after the new year. Fortunately, with lots of help from the maintainers' thread, I managed to maintain without gaining any weight. But I was beginning to be a little less compulsive about maintenance and thought it was the perfect time for a reboot -- both to get back on track before I had a gain and to lose those last 12 lbs or so. So here I am, heading into my second week. Not getting as much support this time from my DH, who thinks I look fine and am "just torturing" myself. LOL
Welcome back, Winewanderer -- our group from July 2014 (with a few from June and August) has a new thread for 'July 2014 Starters Continuing into 2015' - We would love to have you check in with us when you can -- several of us are within 25 lbs of goal, and looking forward to going into maintenance together. Your experience would be invaluable, and I can promise that our gang will support you as you continue your journey to lose more pounds.

So glad to see successful maintenance over the Fall and Holiday season!! You must be very determined!!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 06:09 PM   #13  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi! Thanks, Lisa.

I guess I belong here too. I lost 81 from June 2012-March 2013. I've kept most of it off with a few little reboots to lose 10 pounds a couple of times. This time I was up 20 pounds from my goal on Jan 1. I began my latest reboot on Jan 2 and have lost 11 of the pounds, with 9 to go, although I'll want to get a little below my goal weight to feel good and safe and ready for spring. (Spring! Ahhhhhh!)

My reboot is on P1. I rather like being on P1, although some days I have an extra half (or whole) Quest bar if I feel I really need it. That's been my only off-program allowance. When I did this the first time (9 months of 100% P1) I did not let one morsel in my mouth that was not OP. This time I'm a little more relaxed, allowing a morsel here and there, but nothing that will get me out of ketosis. The morsel might be an extra bite of chicken during the afternoon, or something like that.

Anyway, I've been looking for a thread to join. These last 10 pounds the second time around are really, really slow to come off. I don't feel that I can post in the Maintainers thread right now.

I agree with those of you who have friends and spouses who tell you that you look fine and can stop dieting. So do I. And I could feel fine at this weight. But I KNOW that I'll feel much better when I get these pounds off me.

My coach recently said that the "gain-back pattern" goes like this: When you're up 5-10 pounds you acclimate and decide you like being that weight. Then you gain another 5-10 and decide you like being there. Then another 5-10 come on and all of a sudden you notice that you don't like it as much, but it's not so much so you wait a bit. Then, voila, you're ready for a major reboot. I don't want to do that dance.

We can do this one!! We all can!!!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 06:42 PM   #14  

Height: 5'3"

I'm one of those rebooters! 2-3 years ago I lost 60 pounds on IP and maintained for a couple of months (wasn't at my goal, but had $$ issues) then last summer I lost 26 pounds on it. Third time is the charm!

One of the main things I've been trying really hard to do is switch it up some in what I eat. My breakfast (2 cups of spinach blended with EAS) and lunch (2 cups of romaine lettuce, olive oil/rice wine vinegar + spices mix) are the same every single day because I love them and it is easy when my mornings are usually hectic the second I step into work. For dinner though? I've tried so many more things and have a good rotation of vegetables and lean meats to eat. I'm 3 weeks into it and I just feel like this is it.

I like seeing old faces (or usernames) around here whether you are a rebooter, still strong on IP, or in maintenance.

Let's do this!
readytolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:32 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 218/120/120 Reboot 185/123/135

Height: 5'3"

It is so nice to read through this and see so many in the same boat as I am. I lost 95lbs in 2012, kept it off for about a year and a half. Last year was a stressful year for me and with that the weight started coming back on and rather quickly. I regained about 50 lbs and finally gave myself the kick in the butt that I needed to reboot in January. I am going at it without a coach and doing the alternative route since money is an issue for me this time around. I feel SO much better eating well and have lost about 23 lbs. It is really helping to read through some of the different threads. I feel like it is my own personal support system without the physical coaching I had before. Seeing so many people struggling with the same issues and celebrating the accomplishments as I am feels great. Thank you! Congratulations and keep it up to all of you!
Lori T is offline   Reply With Quote