Old 02-15-2015, 08:29 AM   #1  

Default Goals of 100+ Loss Vol #2

The previous thread was over 500 posts. Keep it up everyone!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:14 PM   #2  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs462
WI#6 was Friday. I didn't lose anything last week. Getting frustrated as I am seeing so many people down 20+pound in 5-6 weeks and I'm down 14. Trying to keep my chin up and keep this going.
You are unique. You may have a degree of insulin or leptin resistance that your body is trying to get past in the early days of ketosis. Many issues determine your weight loss pattern - are you drinking half of your body weight in oz of water per day? Are you getting in all your healthy fats (olive oil)? Are you making sure to get all 4 cups of veggies in?

Everyone's biology is different. Your hormone levels, salt intake (if you use the water additives, love sprinkling generous doses of salt on your meals, eat the higher sodium content packets), the time between meals, any exercise, your base metabolic rate, how well/quickly your body adapts to ketosis. Your journey is particular to your body, and you can't compare yourself with anyone else.

There will be good weeks and there will be weeks where, despite doing everything right with staying on plan, you don't lose at all. This is where you have to focus on alternative methods of gauging what IP is doing for you. Pull out the tape measure and check whether you're losing inches instead. Organise your wardrobe so you've got clothes you will be wearing soon and some for further down the weight loss line and keep trying them every week - you will be amazed at how quickly changes occur that you are blinded to because you are watching the scales.

Trust IP, it works, it will get you losing but you can't sacrifice your body's health for the number on a scale. Stay positive.

---------

Funny NSV for me today - it amuses me greatly. All my life I have been heavier than my little sister. Until today. I'm an officially 1.7lbs lighter than her now. I truly feel accomplished today, even though I know she'll be watching her food closely this coming week.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 05:11 PM   #3  
Restarted IP 1/1/17

S/C/G: 280/265/180

Height: 6' 1.5"

I like your (Amanda's?) postscript Briael, being lighter than a sibling for the first time is a big NSV!
Viking_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 07:47 PM   #4  
Restart IP 1/1/15

S/C/G: 265.5/248/150

Height: 5'3"

[QUOTE=Briael;5132201]You are unique. You may have a degree of insulin or leptin resistance that your body is trying to get past in the early days of ketosis. Many issues determine your weight loss pattern - are you drinking half of your body weight in oz of water per day? Are you getting in all your healthy fats (olive oil)? Are you making sure to get all 4 cups of veggies in?

Everyone's biology is different. Your hormone levels, salt intake (if you use the water additives, love sprinkling generous doses of salt on your meals, eat the higher sodium content packets), the time between meals, any exercise, your base metabolic rate, how well/quickly your body adapts to ketosis. Your journey is particular to your body, and you can't compare yourself with anyone else.

There will be good weeks and there will be weeks where, despite doing everything right with staying on plan, you don't lose at all. This is where you have to focus on alternative methods of gauging what IP is doing for you. Pull out the tape measure and check whether you're losing inches instead. Organise your wardrobe so you've got clothes you will be wearing soon and some for further down the weight loss line and keep trying them every week - you will be amazed at how quickly changes occur that you are blinded to because you are watching the scales.

Trust IP, it works, it will get you losing but you can't sacrifice your body's health for the number on a scale. Stay positive.

---------

Thank you for your kind words. I was having a tough day yesterday. I'm feeling much better today. I have had losses for my first 5 weeks so 1 week with no loss isn't bad. Thank you again for the support.
gs463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 06:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

OMG. I so love all you women and men lol.

Reading thru all the responses to someone else who had a bad scale week, I realized that last weekend I drank 2 2liter bottles of flavored seltzer....not my pelligrino that I normally drink. Someone had brought them to my Super Bowl party so they were still in the kitchen. I thought nothing of it until this moment....wonder if there was some hidden sugars in them. They were store brand wild berry and really it was sweet and delicious. Lol ....hummm I have had none this week ( of course cause I drank them both) so let's see what the scale does.

Btw I only have the seltzer after all my water is in, but last weekend I drank that instead of my water.....
Sgrealtor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:38 AM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

I am inspired by the all the posts on this thread. I am new to IP, but not to dieting, and am extremely motivated and hope I can stay that way. It it daunting to look at how much weight I need to lose, but, like many others, I am focusing on small amounts at a time.

Congrats to those who lose and also to those who are struggling but staying the course instead of giving up!

I, too, had to comment on Briael's note about weighing less than her sister. I have always been the heaviest child in my family, and one of my many goals is to weigh less than either of my two sisters--hopefully, for good.
janby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 04:20 PM   #7  
Restart IP 1/1/15

S/C/G: 265.5/248/150

Height: 5'3"

So after not having a loss last week I got on the scale today and it looks like I'm down almost 2 lbs. I was getting tired of my daily salad for lunch so I decided to make some veggie soup this week since it is so cold outside. It really turned out well considering I just threw in lots of allowable veggies into a pot with water, sugar free tomato sauce, a small amount of low sodium chicken stock and seasoning. I put some of the cooked veggies into my bullet to blend them and stirred in back into the soup. That worked out pretty well to thicken it up.

Last edited by gs463; 02-16-2015 at 04:21 PM.
gs463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:48 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs463 View Post
So after not having a loss last week I got on the scale today and it looks like I'm down almost 2 lbs. I was getting tired of my daily salad for lunch so I decided to make some veggie soup this week since it is so cold outside. It really turned out well considering I just threw in lots of allowable veggies into a pot with water, sugar free tomato sauce, a small amount of low sodium chicken stock and seasoning. I put some of the cooked veggies into my bullet to blend them and stirred in back into the soup. That worked out pretty well to thicken it up.
I too am in a rut with lunch....pretty much the same salad every day lol.... I do sometimes have a chicken soup with it as my packet....

WI today, but 3 inches of new snow on the ground so not sure If Wi will happen.....
Old 02-17-2015, 11:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
I too am in a rut with lunch....pretty much the same salad every day lol.... I do sometimes have a chicken soup with it as my packet....
Every day when I pack my lunch, and usually hubby's too, we say "yay salad..."
JJTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:22 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 267/234/145

Same for me - salad every day. Although, I do try to mix it up in this cold weather with 2 cups of roasted veggies. I make them the night before and heat in microwave at work.
sweetvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:29 PM   #11  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:

WI today, but 3 inches of new snow on the ground so not sure If Wi will happen.....

I hope you made it to weigh in - it is always hard to postpone seeing what the 'official scale' has to say...

I have salad everyday at lunch, but that's the free unlimited item... I try to make IP Packet muffins on the weekend so that I have them to grab and go for lunch at least 3 days during the week. (Use 4 packets to make a dozen, and 3 muffins is one serving.)

There is a cafeteria near my office that has roasted veggies -- I get those along with a romaine salads, most every day that I am working from the office, and with them I have the IP Leek or the IP Chicken soup -- sometimes I pour it over the veggies, sometimes I make the soup a it thinner, and add the veggies to the soup.

Some days I have the IP Oatmeal (now non-retricted) and it's sweet enough to be like dessert after my salad and veggies.

Some days I have the Sea Salt chips with my salad and veggies.... and usually an extra water, because the chips make me thirsty.

If I am at home, teleworking, I usually have left over veggies from the night before -- zuke and summer squash, cauliflower, green beans, mushrooms (fresh or canned) or frozen broccoli florets -- most of these I cook in low sodium reduced fat chicken broth, and season with McCormick Perfect Pinch garlic and herb, dry minced onion, and I use my IP salt to finish them when served.

Salad at home always includes some jicama for crunch.

I think I am more tired of the selection of veggies than I am bored with my overall lunches... cauli, broccoli, zuke... these are my mainstays. I do like turnips and rutabaga -- but I usually have those from something in the crockpot. So those mainstays are getting to be somewhat tiresome. Napa cabbage or Savoy cabbage are good alternatives to mix things up. I am not a Brussels sprouts person.... I have never tried kohlrabi..... once in awhile I find rhubarb at the produce section- so far no frozen rhubarb that I can find. I am too lazy to clean and prepare celery sticks...

Not sure if this helps you, but this is what's working for me.
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:16 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

re: celery sticks... Try the organic - no weird metallic flavour. And if you cut the root off, take the leafy center ribs out to use for soups and cooked dishes, and wrap the remaining sticks in paper towel before putting them back in the plastic bag, you will have a quickie celery stick that can just have a bit of a rinse before eating. Another veggie to try is fennel - makes an awesome salad, or a baking bed for salmon or trout. Chef Verati has a great fennel P1 salad on one of the first round of videos for P1.
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:34 PM   #13  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
re: celery sticks... Try the organic - no weird metallic flavour. And if you cut the root off, take the leafy center ribs out to use for soups and cooked dishes, and wrap the remaining sticks in paper towel before putting them back in the plastic bag, you will have a quickie celery stick that can just have a bit of a rinse before eating. Another veggie to try is fennel - makes an awesome salad, or a baking bed for salmon or trout. Chef Verati has a great fennel P1 salad on one of the first round of videos for P1.
Liana
Thanks for the suggestions, Liana -- it is stringing celery that wears me out... but I will try the organic variety. I forget about fennel -- good ideas and I have some recipes too!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 06:30 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Liana
Liana - I love fennel but can't find it on the sheet, restricted?

I buy 2 packages of the celery hearts every week. When I get home I chop off the tops and bottoms, put them in a plastic bag in the fridge and they are ready to go.....if I get the munchies they're is no prep!

I made it to WI yesterday and the 2 lb gain is gone and it took a friend....down 3 yesterday I hit 70lbs gone
Old 02-18-2015, 08:07 AM   #15  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

I made it to WI yesterday and the 2 lb gain is gone and it took a friend....down 3 yesterday I hit 70lbs gone
Woo Hoo - that's terrific!! You are doing awesome!!
scorpio53 is offline   Reply With Quote