PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 02-12-2015, 04:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 289/283/189

Height: 5'5"

Default Success with supplements? Natural support for PCOS.

I would like to explore a natural path to combat my PCOS symptoms. Has anyone had luck with DIM-Plus? I've seen some really good reviews on Amazon for this product. What other supplements have you tried? Spearmint tea? Chaste berry, white peony, licorice or chaste berry?
Shebelievedshecould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

None of those...

For me, natural ways of treating my PCOS were mainly through diet and exercise.

I do take supplements, including Vit D, Vit C, Zinc, Magnesium (chelated), Chromium (chelated), and B vitamin complex, because of my PCOS and IR. Those supplements are recommended for people who have IR and diabetes because usually people who have either, are low or missing those. No one knows yet if the diseases causes those levels to go down or if the levels being down is what help the disease to develop.

I also believe in green tea (supplements or actual tea) to help with IR because that's another one that's been found to be beneficial, but I think for me, it nets out because I drink coffee (which in some studies, shows to be bad for IR/diabetes).
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/244/180

Height: 5'8"

I have had a lot of success with 2 things.

1) doterra essential oils
I take geranium, rosemary, ylang ylang, cinnamon, fennel, and juniper berry orally in a capsule daily.

2) clearvite PCH. its a supplement that has tons of vitamins in it, and has helped with both insulin resistance and PCOS
caringtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:31 PM   #4  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I deal in PCOS and perimenopuase. I recently saw herbalist and my endow.

So natural progesterone cream, vitex, evening primrose for my current needs. along with Synthroid and Metformin XR. I also take a multivitamin, fish oil, B12, Vit D, inositol and DIM.

I have a lab in May to see the sex hormones again to check on the testosterone, estrogen, progesterone problems and see if these things have helped or what.

I suggest you check in with your care team to see what could help you in your PCOS situation.

GL!
A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote