Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 08:03 AM   #1  

Default IP Community Weekend Chat Sat 2/7 - Sun 2/8/2015

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 02-07-2015, 08:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning IPeeps,

My cake was a success in two ways, everyone loved it, and I never had any DH kept me out until 4 this morning, and the dogs had me up at 8! I am anticipating a very lazy day

I hope everyone has a wonderful OP weekend!
Old 02-07-2015, 09:09 AM   #3  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

No big plans in my little corner of the world. Maybe keep the granddaughter for a few hours so her mom can have a break. That'll be fun! Gives me reason to break out the craft box! Weather's nice so a walk around the neighborhood will break up the monotony. It's been cold and dreary most of this week. Have a great one!
Old 02-07-2015, 10:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Frawniemae- Enjoy your granddaughter. Can I send my daughter over? She loves to scrapbook and that is so not my thing.

Up and at em this morning. Going garage saling to see what finds are out in the world today. Hoping to maybe find some clothes for my upcoming business trip for uber cheap. Weather is supposed to be in the 70's today so going to try and be out and enjoy it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 02-07-2015, 10:24 AM   #5  
Started IP Jan 5/15

S/C/G: 210/206/165

Height: 5'7"

To cold for garage sales here -16celsius and that's a relatively warmer than it has been all week LOL. I am jealous I Love garage sales but where I live they are only allowed twice a year.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:30 AM   #6  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
No big plans in my little corner of the world. Maybe keep the granddaughter for a few hours so her mom can have a break. That'll be fun! Gives me reason to break out the craft box! Weather's nice so a walk around the neighborhood will break up the monotony. It's been cold and dreary most of this week. Have a great one!
What is your definition of cold??? expecting more snow this weekend. Don't mind the snow so much, especially on weekends but hate when the wind chill hits or we end up in the -30's in Celcius.

We are getting our house ready to sell so new countertops going in today. More closet purging. I've still held on to some 2x stuff for some reason. I've made 3 car load trips to Value Village after clearing out the basement and kids toys. Getting lots of 30% off cards for my own future shopping. Selling the big things on Kijiji. Great to have some spending money in my pocket.

Hoping for a 100% OP day today
Old 02-07-2015, 12:06 PM   #7  

Spring weather in STL this weekend. Went to the gym this am AND headed out for a bike ride with friends this afternoon.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Snowing here in Vt. So, over winter. ready to go bike riding with lisa instead of sking. Actually, as a true Vermonter, I don't ski, never really been on the radar. A good day so far, OP and feeling good as I am down another pound since yesterday.
Have a great day Ipeeps.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:14 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Almost 80 degrees here today. Can't go on a hike due to a knee injury but will be at a park somewhere soaking up the sunshine.
Old 02-07-2015, 04:24 PM   #10  
I can do it again!

S/C/G: 194/191/160

Hi,

I'm going to turn 50 on Saturday and I'm giving myself a gift. I meet with my doc on Tuesday and then my coach on Friday to get started on the IP protocol. My goals? Well, to be healthier, to get off all (or most) of my meds, and to stop flirting with diabetes. I have between 50 to 60 pounds to lose. I would love to be in a size 10 again but if that's not possible, I'm okay with it. I just want to stop feeling sick and tired. I want off this roller coaster.

I've been mostly low carbing it for over three years but I fall off the wagon and it has been an up 5, down 2 experience for me thus far. I feel that I need structure and support and also to get to goal quicker so it's easier to maintain. I am aware that because I'm 50 and post-menopausal (surgical) and I've already been in and out of ketosis so much it'll likely be a tougher fight for me.

All that said -- my question to all of the current IP folks is -- is there anything you wish you would have known before you started your IP journey?

Thanks so much for any advice you can provide -- and for just being here. I will continue reading the previous posts so I can be better informed when I talk with my doc! Thanks again!

Marci

Last edited by marcibeaucoup; 02-07-2015 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-07-2015, 04:35 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 202/168/160

Height: 5'8"

Good afternoon, Reading up on the threads today. Was looking at before and after pics. Wow - just wow! Looking forward to the day I can compare my before and after.

One question, I have been drinking unsweetened tea. Does anyone count this toward their water consumption for the day? Just wondering. I usually drink my water but also tea along with some powerade zero. Always I have a drink with me.

Thanks! Here's to a great OP weekend.
Old 02-07-2015, 05:37 PM   #12  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelgrl87 View Post
Good afternoon, Reading up on the threads today. Was looking at before and after pics. Wow - just wow! Looking forward to the day I can compare my before and after.

One question, I have been drinking unsweetened tea. Does anyone count this toward their water consumption for the day? Just wondering. I usually drink my water but also tea along with some powerade zero. Always I have a drink with me.

Thanks! Here's to a great OP weekend.
Is it caffeinated? I believe the rule is that for any extra caffeine over your 8 oz coffee/tea allotment, you have to drink an additional equal amount of water, as caffeine is dehydrating. I think that's right? Maybe someone else knows for sure.

Everyone down south enjoying the 80 degree weather, I'm sooo jealous. We were in the 50s today, which might as well feel like summer, but I think we're dropping back into the 20s later this week. Maybe I should take advantage of this warm spell and jump out there with my Couch to 5K IPeeps.
Old 02-07-2015, 06:04 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 208.5/193.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcibeaucoup View Post
Hi,

I'm going to turn 50 on Saturday and I'm giving myself a gift. I meet with my doc on Tuesday and then my coach on Friday to get started on the IP protocol. My goals? Well, to be healthier, to get off all (or most) of my meds, and to stop flirting with diabetes. I have between 50 to 60 pounds to lose. I would love to be in a size 10 again but if that's not possible, I'm okay with it. I just want to stop feeling sick and tired. I want off this roller coaster.

I've been mostly low carbing it for over three years but I fall off the wagon and it has been an up 5, down 2 experience for me thus far. I feel that I need structure and support and also to get to goal quicker so it's easier to maintain. I am aware that because I'm 50 and post-menopausal (surgical) and I've already been in and out of ketosis so much it'll likely be a tougher fight for me.

All that said -- my question to all of the current IP folks is -- is there anything you wish you would have known before you started your IP journey?

Thanks so much for any advice you can provide -- and for just being here. I will continue reading the previous posts so I can be better informed when I talk with my doc! Thanks again!

Marci
Happy birthday! My kids put money towards IP for me on my 50th in Nov. (they asked me what I wanted first ))! I just wish I knew about it sooner.

I have different struggles then others In trying to balance my type 1 diabetes with the eating but I love how easy the food is! No trying to figure out what to eat except supper time. Just look in my daily baggy and there are my meals. Some meals work and taste better than others but all in all, I don't find myself hungry or snacky. When I talked to my Dr and diabetes people, we agreed that this could work as long as it is not a forever thing. IP does bring you back to "regular" eating but in a more controlled way. So I was good to go.

Hooray for you! 50 is the new young! ��

Last edited by Type1lady; 02-07-2015 at 06:05 PM.
Old 02-07-2015, 06:07 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcibeaucoup View Post
Marci -- Just wish I had known about this diet sooner!

And pishposh, do come on and join us in the countdown-to-spring c25k!

Happy weekend all! Heading out for a steak dinner tonight.
Old 02-07-2015, 06:26 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Marci!

It has been very cold in upstate NY. ugh. I go to
Florida for the month of March!
Closed Thread