Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Default Golden Girls

There is Value in us
There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are about Fitness and Quality of Life after 50...
We are about Fun and Friendship after 50...
We are the Golden Girls...
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
(poem by Dorothy Holmes)

Tell us a little about your life, family and goals. What keeps you motivated? What is the best thing that's happened to you when you turned 50? 60? 70? Friends laugh, cry and stand by each other, we'll be that to you!
Old 02-07-2015, 02:33 PM   #2  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Thank you Bobbi for helping us.

Hello everyone. It is a nice sunny day here today ~ yippee. It is supposed to be a nice day again tomorrow, so Sara is talking about getting together for a bike ride

Hope you all are having a nice weekend.
Old 02-07-2015, 05:11 PM   #3  

Height: 5'3"

Thank you Bobbi! Was good to hear from you on here again. It was cool enough for a very light jacket outside but in the car I would have been too warm. We went to our gd's basketball game..those little ones are so cute. The kids mama is in Hawaii but their other grandma, Nana, is taking care of them. She lives closer so can get them to school etc. We always enjoy chatting.
I have a load of laundry going now and looks like I'll be doing at least one other load probably. Hope to get a little housework done too. Halo went hiking with her master so it's just dh and I right now. It's a cloudy day and had just started to rain last I was outside. Tonight's dinner will a chicken and green bean stir-fry with rice. Nothing much to talk about...hope you all have a good Sat.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi Bobbi! Good to "see" you. I googled the Fast Metabolism Diet and found a good site that explains it if any are interested.

http://www.chewfo.com/diets/the-fast...oid-food-list/

It is carb cycling. There are some other carb cycling programs out there, too. I don't think there's a thread on 3FC but you could always start one, and if anyone else is doing it, they will join in.

Congratulations on your 5 lbs down.

Mary, you get much warmer weather than we're getting! BRRRR Our highest temp recently was around 40 degrees.

This is a funny story. Yesterday, DH stopped at McDonalds and ordered 2 hamburgers and an order of fries. The girl told him they were having a promotion, and if he would do a happy dance his meal would be free. DH is very quiet and reserved and he told her "That's OK. I'll pay." She talked him into it and he did a little 1 second dance and his meal was free. Then one of our neighbors walked in. DH wanted to see what they said to him. They told him if he would give DH a high-five his meal would be free. He did, and his meal was free. They were still standing there waiting for their meals to come up and in walks a little old lady. They told her if she would give the two guys a compliment, her meal would be free. So she told them they looked like very nice, hard working guys. LOL And her meal was free. I don't know if they did this all day or what, or if it was just at our local McDonalds. Our local McDonalds is a privately owned franchise, not a corporate store.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 02-08-2015 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:46 AM   #5  
Want to feel better

Good morning GG's,

The sun is kind of coming and going this morning. It is supposed to get up in the 70's.

Pain has been somewhat better the last few days. My rheumatologist had wanted me to cut back on the celebrex. I did, but think maybe that is what “ailed” me. This week I took it every other day and I felt like the pain was less and I was able to do things. Gotta figure out somehting as I don't want to spend the rest of my life in the chair. But when I hurt so bad ~ that is where I end up staying with the heating pad on my area of pain.

Mary ~ glad you got to go to your granddaugher's basketball game ~ little kids are so cute to watch doing their sports. How is Joe doing? Is his mouth feeling better so he is able to eat better now? How are you doing?

Carol Sue ~ I saw a commercial on TV about what your husband experienced at McDonalds ~ they are having a promotion ~ “Pay with Lovin” through Valentine's day. Kind of neat I thought.

Friday, I spent time re-reading and saving pieces of information my diabetic friend (a class mate from nursing school days) shared with me about the way of eating she is following. She has done so well, and her husband along with her. To the point where she is off the meds and labs are within normal limits. I had followed her way and did well, but gradually over time, kind of did less and less of it and gained back weight. So, I wanted to refresh my memory and start all over. Saved all the information into one word document so I could more easily find it and refer to it.

Yesterday, I stayed busy looking up information for my son. His year lease on his apartment is about up and he is wanting to find some place he likes better. Then Maddie and Sara visited ~ love it when my kids have time to stop by and spend a little time and I get to visit with them.

I have been busy this morning already, kind of rearranging the area around the kitchen table to accommodate a glider rocker. Right now with this sciatic pain ~ some of the places I would sit bring on the pain ~ the kitchen chair was one of them. When Maddie eats there, I hate to leave her sitting alone, so I found a way to get that rocking chair there so I could sit with her when she eats.

As long as I feel pretty good (pain wise) and have in mind some kind of project I want to work on ~ I can keep busy and stay out of the food. That keeps me out of trouble in the day time, now if I could just figure out some way to deal with my evening snacking problem.

Because the pain was less this week, I was able to get some walking in. I did pretty good by breaking it up in to 2 ~ 15 minute sessions. I listen to my music play lists I have made on Youtube of songs I like ~ and the time goes by pretty quickly and painlessly that way.

Hope you all are doing well and having a good weekend.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:47 AM   #6  

Gayle, I am sorry to hear you hare having so much pain. Did your doctor say why he wants you to stop taking the Celebex? Maybe you could explain to him that it's the only thing that controls your pain, and also ask what he suggests you do instead. I know that Celebrex has risks. Ask him how these risks relate to you. When I worked at Medco, Vioxx was recalled and taken off the market due to heart issues. There were people and also doctors who called and wrote letters asking if they patients could please continue taking it because it was the only thing that helped the patient, but once it was recalled, no one could get it. Celebrex isn't recalled, but I guess the doctors use their own judgement when prescribing it to their patients. I know that exercising and losing weight helps with pain management, but how can you do that when you are in so much pain to begin with? It's a viscious cycle. I'm glad to hear that you are still doing your walking. It's said to be better to do it twice a day instead of just once a day, to improve blood sugar. One woman I worked with told me that she didn't start losing weight until she added the second workout each day.

I'm wondering if there is some way you can share that Word Document that you have regarding the food plan that helped so much. I like to hear what others are doing to see if it would help me too. I am always struggling. Everyone I talk to has the same problem with night time snacking. How did we get into that habit?

I think McDonald's makes enough money that they can afford to do that Valentine's Day Promotion. I should tell my step-daughter about it so she and her husband can take advantage of it. They are always short of money. Anytime I have leftovers from dinner I give them to her and they either have it for dinner or in their lunches for work. It helps them. She works 1 mile from our house and sometimes she will call and ask if we have anything she can eat for lunch, and DH runs it up to her.

Mary, I was wrong about our recent temperatures here. I just looked at the thermometer and it's 52 degrees! DH bought a table top thermometer that shows both inside and outside temps. It has the figure of a woman on it, and she removes clothes when it's warm and adds clothes when it's cold. We were curious about it when he first got it, but she doesn't go below a bikini! LOL When it's cold, she adds a coat and leggings. Right now she is still wearing the leggings but she has on a sports bra and is showing her bare midriff. It's a cute conversation piece.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:19 PM   #7  
Want to feel better

Good afternoon GG's,

It is a nice summy day here today. 81* right now.

Kind of tired and stiff today. We went for that bike ride yesterday that Sara wanted to go on. We have these great hike and bike paths in our community to ride on. We went out of our neighborhood area. We had a map that the community has provided of the trails. But it is a hard map to follow. It just has the paths, some of which do not run along side a street ~ they go inland so to speak. Away from the streets and into a neighborhood. That is where it gets tricky, because you can't get a sense of where you are ~ without being able to match the path to a street.

Anyway, we kind of got lost ~ went in circles I guess, we kept seeing the same stuff and street signs over and over. We were gone for 4 ½ hours. Steve had the GPS on his phone that knew our location and it said we had gone 4.8 miles (that was just on the return trip). So he estimated we had gone approximately 10 miles in all.

Whew ~ we all (DH, Sara, Maddie and I) were all pretty tired after and still some today. Sara wants to go again, but says we will figure things out better next time and not (hopefully) take such a long ride. All that riding ~ I did lose one pound when I weighed this morning. Darn ~ wish it had been more ~ felt like it should have been ~ LOL. Why oh why does it go on so easy and come off so hard? Oh well.

I got some food out and defrosted to make a casserole yesterday, didn't get it made before we left and I was too tired to mess with it when we got back. So, I'd better get at that now.

Hope you all have had a good day.

Last edited by glynne; 02-09-2015 at 05:21 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:35 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 2"

Gayle, my doctor warned me about Alieve, and said no to Celebrex because he lost some patients who were taking it, they had internal bleeding!

Scary thought, especially when I'm taking Fish Oil twice a day, and it also thins the blood some.

Yesterday's walk, 3/4 mile, was helpful, but I woke up sore from such simple exercise. Today to Gym for almost an hour for strength training especially my legs, back and shoulders. Not sore, doen't make sense.

Weight is stable, but I am hoping for loss that just doesn't seem to happen. Cutting back more on portions. Ham, peas and good raw veggie salad is DH's and DD's supper they are preparing.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:01 PM   #9  

I didn't exercise over the weekend because I'm usually out and about and I count that as exercise. I got back to the treadmill today for 30min and 10min on the recumbent bike. Some woman on another board told me that she strengthened the muscles around her knee with her bike, so I'm hoping it helps me too.

My eating was good for 2 days, too. Not great, but I didn't stuff myself. I call that a good day! LOL I was down one pound this morning, but as usual, it was a pound I've been losing and gaining for a while now. One day at a time.

Gayle, that was quite a bike ride you had! Good for you! Are you sore at all? It's so nice that you got to spend that time with your family doing something you all enjoyed. How did Maddie hold up? I never learned to ride a bike. Isn't that something? I never had a bike as a kid other than a tricycle when I was really young. DH and I used to have a tandem bike when we were younger but we sold it because he made me do all the pedaling. How was your pain level after that long ride? Sometimes exercise relieves some of the pain.

Lovedgarden, I also take fish oil, 1200 mg twice a day, and a 325 aspirin. So I don't need anything to thin my blood any more. That's probably why my cardiologist says no Ibprofen.

You might feel sore tomorrow from your strength training today. I need to do more strength training. I used to, but I have to push myself to do it.

Nothing from Mary today. Hope everything is OK.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:12 PM   #10  

Hi everyone...I'm ok, thanks for your concern. Did have some excitement this evening though....dh and I both had dizzy spells about 1/2 hour apart. Dh reached out for the wall, and thinks he blacked out and fell. I heard the crash and checked him out, he seemed ok and was able to get up. I guess we both got up too fast (we are both on bp meds) but it didn't feel like we did to us. He does this frequently but doesn't usually fall...however he has blacked out and fallen a couple times). When we told the doc he didn't believe he actually blacked out (2nd time), but the first time know for sure he did because he told me at the time we was "out" he thought he was a little boy playing marbles.
Other than that excitement, we just went to the gym then stopped for some groceries and stayed home rest of day. I folded clothes I washed yesterday and cleaned the little bathroom. That's about it...kind of a lazy day. I've been careful about my eating, and My bs has been good today except my morning one. Tonight's dinner was beef stew with potatoes and green beans but no one has eaten it yet. I'm waiting for my bs to be low enough, dh can't eat and ds ate out. He will probably take it in his lunch tomorrow though.

Carol Sue - That's funny about McDonalds! I didn't know they were doing that.

Glynne - Glad you have days with less pain. The glider sounds like a good idea. Maddie will probably enjoy it too. I have seen those in pictures with tables. We have one outside our front door. I like to sit on it in the summer time. Can you share a little of how your diabetic friend eats? You may have before but I have forgotten. I find if I just think carefully before I eat and make sure I get a protein, a small carb and a healthy fat at each meal AND maybe most important of all, I don't eat too too soon after a meal...I have a tendency to fill up fast but then want to start snacking within an hour, esp after dinner but even other meals sometimes. I'm trying to check my bs and go by that instead of just eating. Eating like this, I do fine but if I get away from that, my bs goes up. This is pretty much the One, One One diet we were talking about a few months ago. My dd eats like this (but doesn't call it that) and looks so good...she also feels better when she eats this way. I get so far away from it way too frequently though but every now and then, like you, I get to thinking that I'd better change my ways or I'l have all kinds of problems with diabetes and I shape up for a while. That happened the other night so today I did well. At least so far. Hearing about your bike ride makes me tired and sore! Glad you lost a pound for your effort at least but I agree should have been more. Wow 81 degrees!! The highest we have gotten was 60 and I think that was more than a week ago. It's rainy and cold again now.

Love2garden - My dh once had a strange reaction after taking Advil PM. If I remember correctly it was rapid heart beat. He has never taken it since although a couple times he has thought about taking it thinking maybe it didn't cause it, but at the time we sure thought it did. I have never taken it because of that. Did your doctor say it was related to blooding thinning? Dh also takes baby asa daily so is not suppose to take any other blood thinners except the doctor did tell him to take fish oil.. in fact he told him to increase it to 3000 mgs/day. GFY on the 3/4 mile walk. I've only been doing 1/2 mile since we got back to the gym...it's not that couldn't walk further, but I get so bored! Dh listens to music but I don't like that. I can't wait to get the walking over with so I can get on the stationery bike and read!

I finished the book Wrongful Death. It was very long but I liked it. The story took many twists and turns and I was a bit surprised how it ended. I would read another of her books. Found out she also writes for several TV shows...esp Prime Suspect. I've never seen it but perhaps some of you have.
I looked it up on Amazon and it sounds good, will check Netflix though as it isn't free yet on Amazon Prime.

You all have a good evening!

Last edited by maryea; 02-10-2015 at 02:20 AM.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:19 AM   #11  

Mary, I have had dizzy spells too. I thought maybe it was something to do with my ears since they control balance. The first time, I got out of bed quickly and crashed down against the closet door. I was only "out" for a second, but was dizzy and vomiting for a few hours. I told the DR about it at my next visit and he wanted to do a brain MRI. I refused, thinking that was a little drastic, since the dizziness had not happened since. Now I get it occasionally when I first lie down, and when I get up out of bed. I get up slowly and don't try to stand up until I am sure I'm not dizzy. My blood pressure is a little high, and also I have a condition called Isolated Systolic Hypertension, which means my systolic is high, but the diastolic is low. Lower the systolic and you also lower the diastolic and it gets too low. I think that's causing it, and it doesn't happen every day. I do wonder why both of you got dizzy 1/2 hour apart.

When I lie down and get dizzy, I sing "The walls of the room go round and round." LOL

When I first started taking fish oil, the doctor didn't tell me how much to take. I googled and saw that 3000 mg per day would lower triglycerides so that's what I took. The next time I got my lab work done my triglycerides were 135! Then he told me I should be taking 2 so I cut back and my triglycerides went up.

I used to take Tylenol PM but I quit because I'm always afraid that something might happen during the night and I would be too groggy to deal with it. Now that I'm retired I can always take a nap if I don't get a good night's sleep.

I have to go out to Walmart today for some things, as we have some snow headed in our direction. I don't know how much, but I'd rather go out when there's none.

Also, I have a book I borrowed from the library and I just noticed that it's due back on Friday, so I want to finish it by then. I am half way through it and it is a fast read. It is not renewable because there is a waiting list. It's called The Rosie Effect. It is the sequal to The Rosie Project. It's about a man, a psychologist who was advertising for a wife, and he had a list of very particular requirements. Women were "applying" for the position and that's how he met Rosie. She did not fit his requirements at all, but she told him she was searching for her bio father so he decided to help her. As time went on, they fell in love, married and she then got pregnant. End of first book. Now it is the story of the progression of their pregnancy. It's a cute story, good enough to hold my interest, but not a real page turner.

It looks like we are all getting some exercise in. Good for us! It helps with blood sugar. I have a TV in my exercise room so that's what I do to pass the time.

Edit: I wanted to mention that your beef stew sounds good. I have been with DH for 37 years and he would never eat home made beef stew because he said the meat is tough and fatty. I think that must have been his experience with his mother's cooking, but I couldn't convince him to try it. I made some a couple weeks ago but only made a small amount because I didn't think he would eat it. He tried it and REALLY liked it! When I make it, I cut off all visible fat before cooking and I cook the meat in the pressure cooker a bit to make sure it gets tender. He told me to make more next time. So now I have another meal that I can make for my picky eater. It gets better the longer it sits so it should be even better by today.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 02-10-2015 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:53 PM   #12  
Want to feel better

Good afternoon GG's,

Gonna try to share with you the information my friend Margaret has shared with me about her way of eating.

A little background about my friend Margaret ~ (10-21-13) she said: I recently just started to take my health more seriously and it has paid off. My last dr visit all labs were WNL including my A1C. Took me off the metformin. I have lost 36 pounds. It is hard work but it is paying off.

The type diet I follow is kinda like the Atkins diet – big on protein and veggies. No processed wheat. That means no pasta, rice, potatoes or bread. That was really hard to give up considering I never met a carb I didn't love ~ LOL. But here's some ideas for menu items. Breakfast is always 1 or 2 eggs of any type. Our fav is scrambled with lots of chopped up peppers, onions and spinach and 1 or 2 slices of bacon. Lunch can be cottage cheese with some fresh fruit or a small salad or lunch meat and some cheese slices. Also good is the newer greek yogurts since they are high in protein. Dinner is any type of meat and two veggies. Our new favorite thing to make is the cauliflower like mashed potatoes. I like them better than potatoes. For snacking we do things like almonds, pumpkin seeds, pork rinds, apple with a little bit of peanut butter for dipping. Peanut butter sounds bad, but it is a good source of protein so it's good.

And of course daily walking is a must. I was a big couch potato who loved eating pasta and desserts ~ those days are over for me. But I do feel so much better. I had to walk through the joint pain that I initially got when the walking started ~ but it does pass.

My dr told me to tell anyone I knew who had type 2 diabetes to follow this diet ~ she was thrilled with my weight loss and drastic improvement in my labs.

A sample shopping list of foods I buy regularly: apples, bananas, blueberries, strawberries, grapes, pineapple (all fresh). Spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, spaghetti squash, cucumbers, onions peppers all varieties, carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower. Meats include roasts, chicken (skinless) ground chuck, pork roasts, ribs, chops, lamb ~ what ever you like to eat. I do buy frozen and canned veggies too like corn, peas and green beans. Other things are peanut butter, lots of eggs, cheese, lunch meats ~ like turkey breast and ham. Pickles, olives, salad dressings, canned tomatoes and tomato sauce. Canned black beans are a good source of protein and also chili beans. We found some low carb wraps ~ only 5 grams of carb per wrap. They are “La Bandito” brand and they are really good. Oh and bacon, and yogurt too. I use cooking sprays like Pam, but I also use olive oil and regular real butter for cooking, along with coconut oil. What I use, depends on what I'm cooking.

There are more tips she has shared along the way ~ but from this you get the genreal idea. I asked her about eating eggs every day and wondered if it had affected her cholesterol ~ and she said that proof was in her labs ~ all normal now since eating this way.

I will stop at this for today and maybe on another day ~ sort out from the notes I took if there is anything else I could share.
Old 02-10-2015, 03:22 PM   #13  

Thank you so much Gayle, for posting this information. It is always so helpful to hear what worked for someone else rather that just reading it from a book, because they can write anything in a book. A personal experience is always better.

Regarding, eggs. I have eaten a lot of eggs all my life. At least 2 per day, sometimes more. The last time I got labs done, after I started back eating low carb and exercising, my cholesterol was 125. My doctor was amazed and asked me what I did and I said "dietary changes." I didn't mention low carb because a lot of doctors don't approve of low carb. So your friend is right. She is a smart lady and has done well.

I didn't exercise today because I went to Walmart. I considered walking around the store my exercise today.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:17 PM   #14  
Want to feel better

Hello again,

Carol Sue ~ I do the same thing ~ when I am out shopping, I consider that my exercise (or at least part of it ~ depending on how long we are at it) for the day. I probably don't walk fast enough anywhere for it to help cardiovascularly, but moving is moving ~ and it is that much less time spent sitting down.

I read somewhere recently (darn ~ wish I could remember where) that eggs are not the horrible thing that they used to think ~ that they are actually good for you.

And the low carb thing ~ the way they teach you in daibetic classes (ADA) they push the whole grains ~ they do encourage you to always pair a carb with a protein. That was different than what Margaret was saying, so I didn't tell them either what I was really doing. I listened to their information and use what parts I thought would help me.

I get the dizzy thing too when I first lay down. One time when I went to the audiologist for a hearing test, I was telling them about that ~ and they said that some crystals in my ear canal were not in the right place and that is what was causing it. They did something where they had me lay down and lowered my head quickly ~ to try to rearrange the crystals. I can't remember if it helped or not. If it did ~ I guess they are not in the right place anymore, because I still sometimes get that swirling head feeling when I lay down.

Mary ~ oh my gosh ~ are you guys ok? That is scary. Hope Joe was not hurt by falling. That glider rocker thing (they call it a Canadian Rocker) doesn't have a table, but has a foot stool that also glides along with the chair as you rock/glide.

Love2garden ~ good for you ~ the ¾ mile walk. Sorry it made you sore. Glad that your time at the gym didn't make you sore. It is discouraging to try to exercise and then have pain because of it.

I have gotten one (15 minute) walk in today. One more to go. When the day began, I didn't know if I was gonna do it. Went to bed with a headache that got worse by morning. Took some tylenol and it went away. Now maybe this is silly, but I wondered if I was being tested somehow. It doesn't take much for me to talk myself out of doing it ~ I thought that since my headache had gone away (an excuse to miss the exercise) that I shouldn't give in to the temptation to not do it. I feel like I am getting a little better and trying to be more consistent about doing it. I feel like I am having that sciatic pain less than it had been. Hoping that maybe the walking is the reason it is less.

Almost time for Maddie to get off the bus ~ so I'd better quit fooling around and be ready.

Last edited by glynne; 02-10-2015 at 04:33 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:02 PM   #15  

Hi everyone! Today went fast. Dh had his second post-surgery appt and everything seems to be ok. He thinks the pain dh continues to have may be caused by irritated nerves. He said he could give him a med for it but that some people don't like how it makes them feel and dh's pain is not bad. He is just using occasional Tylenol now. The pain does not seem to restrict him in activities really but sometimes when he hurts he does come in to rest in his recliner. Hopefully it will go away entirely soon. The other issue was the anemia and doc sent him for a blood test. He called tonight to say it was almost normal and he feels eating a healthy diet will be enough to get him there. Poor guy it is easy to say eat healthy but with his sore mouth it is not easy. Tonight he tried grinding (in my blender) up the chicken and veg in the sauce but he still could not eat it. He does best with eggs, soft rice, puddings and ice cream and some canned foods. I think next time we will try pureeing his meat and veggie...wasn't sure it would be appetizing enough but he seems willing. After his appt I had my mammogram done. By the time I got home I was tired but did manage to change our sheets, dust and vacuum our bedroom plus cleaned the bathroom mirrors/glass and vacuumed quickly the other rooms where it was obviously needed.

I am happy to report I ate well again today. Glynne I remember now you posted your friends diet before. It is similar to the way I eat when I'm on track like now except I do eat the carbs like bread/pasta/rice, I just eat them in small portions and only one at a meal. I refuse to do any diet where I have to entirely eliminate a food, however I am willing to cut back on some or even go without them if I can't discipline myself with them. The ones I can't trust myself with are usually sweet and salty desserts/snacks, but it can be bread too esp if I make toast. I buy low cal/lower carb bread that is also whole wheat and that helps me to be able to work it in with my "on-track" eating. Still I am tempted to get off-track all the time and I just hope I will stick it out this time. Today when we went into the hospital for dh's lab he told me to go check on the cookie I like that they sell at the coffee bar there. I'd have been fine if he hadn't said anything but then I had to do it...thank God they didn't have any!! I don't consider the cookie off limits to me, and it had been four hours since breakfast, but I knew if I ate it I'd have to eat no carb at lunch and I don't like that. Wasn't sure I could even trust myself to do it, so was happy they didn't have it. Anyway, even though I don't eat exactly like your friend and probably never will, I would love to hear her tips as some may very well help me.

Carol Sue - The stew was good and ds took the rest for lunch today. Tonight I made chicken and broocoli stir-fry (also had bell pepper in it), and rice. I haven't eaten yet but it's usually good. You have reasons to get dizzy...I think with us it is our BP, esp dh's, however I rarely get up fast...esp these days because my left knee and left heel hurts and it is actually difficult for me to get up at all so it's a little harder to understand. The last times (2) I had dizziness were like this except those times I could hear a pounding sound in my head and it (my head) felt very full like all my blood went up to my head of something. This time I did not have that. Last time when I saw the doc I was put on a second bp med because my bp was high. This time when I took my bp after the episode it was normal. So I am not so sure about me. I need to get in to see my doc...put it off due to all this stuff with dh...and then was hoping to get my bs under better control. Tyl PM does not make me groggy in the night or in the am if I get at least 5-6 hrs sleep but I suppose it might affect you differently. Even if I don't get enough sleep, I will feel very sleepy in the am but once I'm up I can function ok, just want to take a nap asap.

I wish I liked eggs more often...I do like them but just now and then.

Have a good evening..

Last edited by maryea; 02-10-2015 at 10:57 PM.
Closed Thread