PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 01-31-2015, 11:09 PM   #1  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Default Feb 2015 PCOS Support Thread

The old January thread is here.

It is a brand new month! Join us and check in all month as often as you like!
  • How are you?
  • How's the PCOS?
  • What are you working on now?
  • How successful were you for past month?

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 01-31-2015 at 11:10 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 01:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

I'm here. I'll be traveling for 2 weeks and I guess that's always my test. Let's see how it goes. I am prepared, mentally, to say no to the crappy food. I am also not traveling with other work colleagues so I won't be tempted. I am also not going to do the happy hours, so I will minimize any alcoholic drinks I consume.

PCOS wise, I'm doing fine. Following my plan, sticking to my vitamins and supplements, exercising.

My goal is to really lose weight. I need to get back down to 160 and then to cross the threshold.

Let's see how February pans out. Starting weight today is 167.6 lbs.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 289/283/189

Hello Rana & other PCOS sisters,

@Rana good luck while you are traveling and congrats on your WL so far! What do you do for exercise while you are away traveling?

This is my first post in this forum. I recently decided to wake up and start believing in myself again. I have tried dieting many times without success. So much so at some point the pounds just kept creeping up. It's time to take some action and start believing that I can do this! I think it will be a great help to have the support of 3FC's and my PCOS sisters.

I was first diagnosed with PCOS in college when my physician noticed that I had an elevated level of testosterone. I have all the symptoms of classic PCOS. I'm 38 now and have tried several treatments such as birth control, natural treatments and Metformin. I haven't focused on the PCOS in a while. I was seeing an endocrinologist about 2 years ago and let my treatment slip when life got in the way. I have a doctor's appointment this week. I think it's time that I start working towards a plan that works for me.

If anyone has tips for successful weight loss for PCOS, please pass them along. I would love to hear what works for you.

Last edited by Shebelievedshecould; 02-04-2015 at 10:52 PM.
Shebelievedshecould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:30 PM   #4  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

shebelievedshecould!

Rana -- hope the travels go well!

MY CHECK IN:

The overhaul continues. I've been to the allergist, the herbal clinic, the labs for the endoc. Next? The endoc, then dentist, eye doc, and pap smear. Setting them up and knocking them out for self care.

Cleaned the kitchen, still working on baking GF bread, still avoiding wheat.

Upped my evening primrose -- getting much better quality sleep and lessening hot flashes.

It is Friday. 4 workouts down, 1 to go.

So little by little...

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:01 PM   #5  

Hi guys! Welcome shebelieveshecould!

Travels weren't that bad. I did better than other trips, so I guess that's a NSV for me.

For exercise, I always bring gym clothes so I don't have excuses and I go the hotel gym. If I don't make it to the hotel gym, I have a yoga app on my iPad. And if I don't do either of those, in the workplace I was in, I walk a ton (about 2,000 - 3,000 steps more than "normal") so I know I'm getting some additional exercise. I try to eat healthy and not overeat.

For me, exercising is more about stress relief, than weight loss.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 289/283/189

Default Thank you for the welcome messages...

Thank you all for the welcome messages!

Rana awesome job at working out while traveling. I always aspire to do the same. Maybe that I am more determined to lose weight this time around I will be more disciplined with my work outs.

astrophe Good work on getting your Dr's appointments in. Do you work with a naturopath? What sort of supplements do you take for PCOS? What seems to work?

I just had an appointment with my GP to start working on a plan for my POCS. I had some blood work done to check hormones, cholesterol, blood sugar, etc. I should hear back soon with the results. I lost 5 lbs since last week. I think most of that was water weight. Whatever it was I hope the scale keeps going in the same direction.
Shebelievedshecould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:38 PM   #7  

Just checking in.

After a couple of weeks of tracking my food, I am definitely eating too much. And how sad I am that my body is used to this level of calories and is rebelling when I try to get back down to 1300.

Yikes.

I forgot how hard this part is, and how I have to get through the psychological component of it... I tell my body that it's okay to be hungry and that I will get it good food shortly.

And this is not the case of removing "junk" food from my diet, because it's a tiny portion of what I normally eat. I am the perfect case of eating too much "healthy, clean" food can still be too much and equals gaining weight.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:31 AM   #8  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

I don't know how you all feel, but I feel like I spend so much damn time at the doctor. Like...I'm tired of seeing my doctor's face. And she's tired of seeing mine. It's a mutual.."oh, you again?"
aka8941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:13 AM   #9  
Mela A

S/C/G: 270/260.5/135

Height: 5'2"

AKA8491 - LOL! I just went to my new doctor for the first time yesterday and I can already tell we'll be on a first name basis soon.

I've only been informally diagnosed to this point, though I'm 100% sure it's PCOS, so I finally broke down and got a new doctor in my new town and asked him to formally diagnose me. So now I begin all the bloodwork and ultrasounds to get a sense of how bad this thing really is. I feel like it's going to be a long journey of discovery, but at least I'll have a starting point.
MelaAnaetoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 01:00 PM   #10  

Last day of February and I can tell you that I am both glad and sad this month is over... Glad because it's been a hard month for me... but sad because my weight is still up... argh.

Let's see what March brings along.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:53 PM   #11  

Come over to March.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:06 PM   #12  
Mela A

S/C/G: 270/260.5/135

Height: 5'2"

Well Thursday is my first pelvic ultrasound. I'm also getting bloodwork done this week and next Wednesday I'll get the results and have a full physical with my new doctor...so I guess it'll actually be good to know for sure where things are at for a starting point. I have to be honest, I'm not doing great. With my weight so hard to come off I'm really wondering if I'll always be broken inside. Just keep hoping I get the motivation to break through some of this body nonsense.
MelaAnaetoh is offline   Reply With Quote