Old 02-05-2015, 07:29 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Thurs 2/5/2015

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning IPers! Hope everyone is having a great week.

Had a nice 4.2lb loss this week which I was very happy about after my .2 last week.

Starting to get a lot of questions about when I'm going to stop losing. That I am thin enough and look great. I've stopped saying I have 40 more lbs to lose (which usually gets me a stunned response) to say just a few more or you don't see me nekid. I suppose these are the same people who are shocked that I've lost 80lbs total. After all these years I guess I carry all this extra weight well. Lol! My coach said to start talking about percent body fat which usually confuses people enough to lay off.

Have a big work trip coming up the week after next. Received the agenda yesterday and realized I have no clothes for some of the events (awards dinner, meetings, etc). Not too keen on buying nicer clothes at an in between size but I've been living in jeans and jogging since my office is very casual. Trying to figure out how to makeshift some nicer work outfits out of pieces from 4 sizes ago isn't going to work.
CenTXChk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:23 AM   #3  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! Today is P1Day6Reboot. And since about 8pm yesterday my guts have been playing a symphony of interesting sounds. Don't remember that at all from last time :-). Hopefully my officemate won't be able to it. My husband could hear it last night at close range though. No other affects, just the noise! Time to dive into my "lovely" cappuccino w/coffee for breakfast.
Great Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:36 AM   #4  
started IP June 21, 2014

S/C/G: 182/133.4/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Centx, I believe rayze had good luck renting clothes at gwynnie bee.
I received similar comments. The body fat percentage idea is a good one, or you could just say, "I hope you trust me to make good decisions for my own body."
murrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post

Had a nice 4.2lb loss this week which I was very happy about after my .2 last week.

Starting to get a lot of questions about when I'm going to stop losing. That I am thin enough and look great. I've stopped saying I have 40 more lbs to lose (which usually gets me a stunned response) to say just a few more or you don't see me nekid. I suppose these are the same people who are shocked that I've lost 80lbs total. After all these years I guess I carry all this extra weight well. Lol! My coach said to start talking about percent body fat which usually confuses people enough to lay off.

Have a big work trip coming up the week after next. Received the agenda yesterday and realized I have no clothes for some of the events (awards dinner, meetings, etc). Not too keen on buying nicer clothes at an in between size but I've been living in jeans and jogging since my office is very casual. Trying to figure out how to makeshift some nicer work outfits out of pieces from 4 sizes ago isn't going to work.
I'm not sure where in CenTx you are but there are a lot of Goodwill and clothing consignment stores in the Austin area, maybe you could find something nice without having to pay a lot? There's a store in Cedar Park (can't remember the name) where my friend shops - she said they have a lot of good stuff.

I'm about to stop answering the exact # question too - my stepmother asked me about it the other day and when I told her I'm planning to lose about 40 more pounds she looked a bit shocked and asked did I really want to get that skinny. Ha!

I've already been a bit vague about it, saying that when I'm done I'll have lost over 100 pounds. I figure that's good enough for most folks.

Last edited by JJTx; 02-05-2015 at 10:45 AM.
JJTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

Hi ladies! Great loss CenTx!! 4.2 is soooo fab!

I wanted to share something that I have been enjoying sooo much these days, in case anyone is getting bored with their food. For lunch I take a mixed green salad (kale and arugula) and top it with cucumbers, peppers, and roasted broccoli and brussell sprouts! I roast them up in a big batch (just tossed in a little grapeseed oil and spices, convection roast for 20 mins or so) and keep them in my fridge to liven up my salads. They make a huge difference and I really look forward to my lunches!

For salad dressing I use my go to fav, mix up some grapeseed oil, mustard, tamari, and garlic powder. Whip it all up and it's SO.DARN.GOOD!

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week, I can see the weekend from here!
TeagsC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:05 AM   #7  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

People drive my nutso with those comments! "When are you done your diet?" "You want to lose 20 more lbs?! There'll be nothing left of you!" "You're wasting away!" "I think you look great as you are!" I know everyone means well but sheesh, it's my body!!

The only person I have allowed to say something to me is my mother. We had a deal that we would each tell the other if we were getting too thin, to date, she is still rah rah rah on me losing 20 more lbs haha!
kimo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:10 AM   #8  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeagsC View Post
Hi ladies! Great loss CenTx!! 4.2 is soooo fab!

I wanted to share something that I have been enjoying sooo much these days, in case anyone is getting bored with their food. For lunch I take a mixed green salad (kale and arugula) and top it with cucumbers, peppers, and roasted broccoli and brussell sprouts! I roast them up in a big batch (just tossed in a little grapeseed oil and spices, convection roast for 20 mins or so) and keep them in my fridge to liven up my salads. They make a huge difference and I really look forward to my lunches!

For salad dressing I use my go to fav, mix up some grapeseed oil, mustard, tamari, and garlic powder. Whip it all up and it's SO.DARN.GOOD!

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week, I can see the weekend from here!
Thanks for the suggestion Teags! I have always struggled with salad dressings. I don't like spicy or hot stuff and only really have the basic seasoning and spices. This one sounds so easy and I actually have all of the ingredients!

Do you eat the brussel sprouts and broccoli cold or do you warm up before putting on your salad? I have a big bag of brussel sprouts from Costco that need to get eaten!
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:13 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

Hey, knm! I eat the veggies cold, they taste good to me but I actually hadn't thought of heating them up. I buy the brussell sprouts from Costco too. When I roast them I cut off the stems and then cut them in half before seasoning and putting them in the oven. Sometimes little leaves fall off and get a little burnt, but to me they taste like 'chips' and it's almost my favourite part! HA!
TeagsC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 01:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Re: Liana's study about weight loss not being a straight line in yesterday's Daily Chat -

"All this to say, and I've said it before, success is about consistency, embracing imperfection, and being proud of your best, where your best is the healthiest life that you can enjoy living, not the healthiest life that you can tolerate."

This is perfect. Thanks for sharing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post

If you don't have access to any resale or consignment shops, maybe you could take the larger clothes you do have to a tailor for alterations? Or do them yourself if you sew.

People said the same thing to me and I started using the BMI reply. Most people don't have a clue what the proper weight/BMI is for themselves, much less someone else. You know your body and where you want it to go/not go. Forge ahead and listen to yourself and you'll do great!

Last edited by catlady1981; 02-05-2015 at 01:34 PM.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 01:41 PM   #11  
Restarted IP 1/1/17

S/C/G: 280/265/180

Height: 6' 1.5"

Thanks for the straight line confirmation. I had a great day yesterday OP but gained 2.5 lbs. Very discouraging, but I know this is going to happen. Coming here makes it a little better
Viking_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 02:31 PM   #12  

I just completed 4 wks OP...total loss of 12 lbs. Not too thrilled with the #, as in the first 4 days of IP I had lost 5.5 lbs. Second week was good. Third week was only 1. It took some research, but I finally realized that I accidentally switched my tsp of EVOO with a TBSP!!! Did it for 2-3 days...I know, duh! But to my defense my household was chaotic at the time. 4 th week, not so much better. But, I also decided to try Quest bars...the almost unrestricted ones. I treated them as restricted. I won't be consuming those anymore, as they caused me cravings (which hadn't had before) and I think they contributed to sluggish weight loss. Also, was squeezing lime juice in meat, only to find out that lemon is a go, but lime is a no. Starting to incorporate walking to see if it helps. Been wanting to do that anyway.

Last edited by angel2010; 02-05-2015 at 02:34 PM.
angel2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 02:33 PM   #13  

Also, this is my first time to post anything. I really appreciate all the tips I get here. Wishing you all the best.
angel2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 02:52 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel2010 View Post
I also decided to try Quest bars...the almost unrestricted ones. I treated them as restricted. I won't be consuming those anymore, as they caused me cravings (which hadn't had before) and I think they contributed to sluggish weight loss. .
Quest bars do that to me, too. If I buy them, I only buy one at a time. And if I have too many in a week, they slow down/stall me.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 02:58 PM   #15  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Finally got to make y weigh in for the week. Down 5 lbs!! Things are getting more "normal" as far as food prep goes. And easier to remember "yes" to this and a big "no" to that on certain veggies. Got my hair cut (I have very curly hair so I call it "shearing") and told my stylist all about the IP way of life. She is really interested in it even though she is the perfect size (in my mind). She really is very conscious about what she eats and is trying to teach her teenage daughter the same. Been a good day! Hope everyone else is able to say the same!
Oh and I got my tracker!!!!

Last edited by frawniemae; 02-05-2015 at 02:58 PM.
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote