Old 02-02-2015, 11:51 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2

Default Coffee will ruin my diet - help..

Hi everyone, I am doing a great job sticking to my diet but I can't stop drinking coffee with milk and sugar. Having a max of 2 cups a day and I am worried it will impact my weight loss. How are you all dealing with coffee cravings and what are you replacing with? I do drink 2L of water a day but still want my coffee(I don't drink black coffee)...
size8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 04:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 228.8/187.2/120

Height: 5'

Try cutting back to one cup a day first. Then try to cut sugar, and use skim milk or a low fat or low sugar creamer. It won't taste as wonderful but if you make a habit of it, you will get used to it. I know exactly how you feel! I don't want to give up my coffee either.
fitmama84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 11:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

When I lost a lot of weight before, I was able to just count the calories (or points) in my measured sugar free creamer. If it's really something you want to keep in your daily menu, count the calories - you'll be fine!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 11:50 AM   #4  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I use flaxseed milk (25 calories a cup). I heat a cup in a microwave and add coffee to that. I do not take sugar, but if I did I would take a sweetener instead. And then I would drink the stuff to my heart's content.

I used to have lattes with skimmed milk and they adversely impacted my weightloss.

Last edited by IanG; 02-03-2015 at 11:51 AM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 01:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 211/196/155

Height: 5'9

I've been there. I started realizing that I was drinking a pot of coffee a day with added creamer (delicious, delicious, delicious creamer).

It has been one week since I drank coffee and I'm not going to lie...it has been hard at times. But I have discovered that green tea with lemon is a great alternative. When you need that extra creamy taste, vanilla chai tea with a tsp. of fat free milk and a tsp. of sugar is just perfect.

But if you aren't like me and not seriously addicted to coffee, just add your coffee calories to your daily count and you should be fine!
jessicahayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 01:48 PM   #6  

I used to do extra cream and now I do black (I know you don't want black).

Have you tried sugar free syrups? I like the irish cream, caramel or mocha flavors. You wouldn't need cream and sugar if you add something like that. They make dozens of flavors, you might like them.
TheLastStraw323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 02:02 PM   #7  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Sorry to barge in, I'm not quite a 30-something. Close though!

I love coffee. I've never been one to have it fancy, just some milk or half and half, one sugar and done. I have 2 cups a morning, maybe 3. At first I thought maybe I should try to cut back or use sweeteners (which give me the runs, sorry!), but when I did the math I'm only using about 50 calories on my coffee each day, and for the enjoyment I get out of it, 50 calories is worth it.

I honestly wouldn't worry about it unless you are going nuts with the cream and sugar. Just include it in your daily intake! It's worked fine for me for the last 50+ pounds

Last edited by nonameslob; 02-03-2015 at 02:03 PM.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 02:12 PM   #8  

Height: 5'6.5"

I just put my flavoured creamer in my daily allowance of calories. At one point I tried to give it up and it was just torturous for me and it didn't make sense. I would rather yummy coffee than most other things!
Laura78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:04 PM   #9  

I went through this same thing when trying to cut out coffee. Changing any habit can be difficult at first, but if you really want to cut out the calories from your coffee, I suggest finding an alternative source for energy. I also now use green tea as a substitution for coffee, and it has some other benefits for weight loss as well. It did take me some time to get used to drinking tea instead of coffee, but if you stick with it you will get used to it eventually! Also, make sure you get enough sleep so you are less in need of your coffee to function in the morning.
christinaorr65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 02:06 PM   #10  

Well today I had 3 cups *not my proudest moment* but thats what happened. Cutting it out completely would be too traumatic for me but I think I aim for 1 cup a day and I agree with you christinaorr65 changing a habit is hard, especially a bad habit that makes you feel soooo gooood afterwards .
size8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 01:57 PM   #11  
Queen of the Manatees!

S/C/G: 304/263/125

I think a little bit of creamer and a sugar free syrup would go a long way for you. I'm in love with starbucks and I had to give it up when I went on this diet. It's horrible! But I think a little almond milk or something like that and some sugar free syrup would be just the ticket to a great cup of coffee for you.
Elyssa is offline   Reply With Quote