Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 05:42 AM   #1  

Default IP Community Daily Chat Mon 2/2/2015

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 02-02-2015, 05:45 AM   #2  

Moved this from last nite:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
Just a final post .... hope people see it, but it's late and this thread will soon be closed so may have to post it again tomorrow.

On my link-clicking for today I came across this which covers why ketostix are not effective as a measure of ketones in the urine.

Hopefully it'll help people who are using ketostix to understand why people on the forum here suggest that it's an ineffective method of testing the level of ketosis.

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-02-2015 at 05:46 AM.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning!

Snow day in Northern NJ today..got about 6 inches and now it's raining down ice on my windows! Not fun to shovel today. DS will be busy lol.

Had a fun Super Bowl party here yesterday. About 20 neighbors and friends. Lots of food. I stayed 100% on program. Leftover desserts will be in the garbage today.

WI tomorrow and hopefully the 1 pound gain will be gone. I have been extra vigilant all week when I could be. I only had 2 dinners out...we shall see.

One of my neighbors is thinking of starting IP. I didn't really have a chance to speak to her in depth about it, so I will reach out for her this week and give her some more details...
Old 02-02-2015, 08:11 AM   #4  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning everyone,

Snow day here as well - just keeps coming!

I lurk more than post other than the "What are you eating" thread. But I just wanted to share - I entered ONEDERLAND this morning!!
So excited . The support here is amazing.

Thank you everyone
Old 02-02-2015, 08:16 AM   #5  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio53 View Post
Good Morning everyone,

Snow day here as well - just keeps coming!

I lurk more than post other than the "What are you eating" thread. But I just wanted to share - I entered ONEDERLAND this morning!!
So excited . The support here is amazing.

Thank you everyone
Old 02-02-2015, 08:48 AM   #6  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

G'm orning all. I was going to post last night but was too tired and coming home from a hospital at midnight had me in the dumps. Long story shorter - hubbie has for the last couple of years, suffered from heart palpitations. something I thought could just be attributed to stress and if he'd relax, practice deep breathing exercises, etc they 'd pass. No problem. Well, yesterday as I was putting dinner into the crockpot (a total fail BTW-caulirice and chicken. not a good idea in the crock) he said he was having some really bad ones. I could literally see his chest ka booming with every heart beat. And that had been going on for about 3 hours before he said anything to me. We headed to the ER (around 2pm) where we waited for 4 hours before he got back into a room (although they did triage him and get blood so lab would have results by time he saw ER dr). Fast forward; ER dr put him on an iv drip of cardizem which helped considerably. Dr then decided to admit him for observation so at 11pm he finally got into a room. I decided to go on home since there was no imminent problems (enzyme levels were good so no heart attack) besides I had to get the food out of the crockpot! As I was leaving I counted not one but 15 fast food places as I made my way home. Each and every one was beckoning to me because they knew me well. I have always eaten when I was stressed (or bored, or whatever .... many I'm sure can say the same). BUT I did not stop anywhere. I had packed a protein bar and drink. Iwas determined to stay OP. And I did.

Today will be another challenge since I have no idea when he'll be released or if he'll stay another night. My bag is packed with IP products, just in case. And the cafeteria does offer a small salad bar (which should be sprinkled with gold flakes, considering what they charge a person for it).

Okay, off to the hospital. I covet any prayers and healing thoughts for my hubbie! And answers to what's causing the palpitations. Thanks for being here.

Last edited by frawniemae; 02-02-2015 at 08:51 AM.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
G'm orning all. I was going to post last night but was too tired and coming home from a hospital at midnight had me in the dumps. Long story shorter - hubbie has for the last couple of years, suffered from heart palpitations. something I thought could just be attributed to stress and if he'd relax, practice deep breathing exercises, etc they 'd pass. No problem. Well, yesterday as I was putting dinner into the crockpot (a total fail BTW-caulirice and chicken. not a good idea in the crock) he said he was having some really bad ones. I could literally see his chest ka booming with every heart beat. And that had been going on for about 3 hours before he said anything to me. We headed to the ER (around 2pm) where we waited for 4 hours before he got back into a room (although they did triage him and get blood so lab would have results by time he saw ER dr). Fast forward; ER dr put him on an iv drip of cardizem which helped considerably. Dr then decided to admit him for observation so at 11pm he finally got into a room. I decided to go on home since there was no imminent problems (enzyme levels were good so no heart attack) besides I had to get the food out of the crockpot! As I was leaving I counted not one but 15 fast food places as I made my way home. Each and every one was beckoning to me because they knew me well. I have always eaten when I was stressed (or bored, or whatever .... many I'm sure can say the same). BUT I did not stop anywhere. I had packed a protein bar and drink. Iwas determined to stay OP. And I did.

Today will be another challenge since I have no idea when he'll be released or if he'll stay another night. My bag is packed with IP products, just in case. And the cafeteria does offer a small salad bar (which should be sprinkled with gold flakes, considering what they charge a person for it).

Okay, off to the hospital. I covet any prayers and healing thoughts for my hubbie! And answers to what's causing the palpitations. Thanks for being here.
Excellent job staying OP!!!!!

I hope all is well with your husband, I will say a prayer for him!
Old 02-02-2015, 09:24 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/145.6/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

Praying now!!!
Old 02-02-2015, 09:47 AM   #9  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Congratualtions staying OP during all of that. I can only imagine the strength that would have taken. My thoughts and prayers are with your hubby today. And hugs for you!
Old 02-02-2015, 10:22 AM   #10  
maintaining since 9/2013

frawniemae Sending best wishes that your hubby is back on his feet asap. Good that they are observing him, and sounds like they are getting his palpatations diagnosed accurately.

You are SO rocking this, getting your mindset ready even before beginning the actual diet. Preparation is such a huge part of success. Hang in there and don't forget to stop and take a few deep breaths now and then. We are with you!

Last edited by mars735; 02-02-2015 at 10:22 AM.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:45 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 218/120/120 Reboot 185/123/135

Height: 5'3"

Frawniemae, I will keep your husband and you in my prayers. Good job staying on program with all that is going on.
I hosted a Super Bowl party as we celebrated and then cried as we watched our beloved Seattle Seahawks fall apart…BUT, I am feeling so good because I stayed on program and although my table was laden with alcohol and desserts I felt no need to partake in any of it. I had a taco bar set up and made sure there was plenty of options for anyone wanting to make good choices and several people thanked me for helping them not get too out of control. It feels SO good to be back in control!
Old 02-02-2015, 11:00 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Default rambling...

So I've been struggling with diet fatigue lately....I think I got too comfortable because I weigh the lowest that I have in a LONG time, years...I think I was content where I am now, except I'm really not. I do want to get to my goal weight. I don't know I feel like I have a mind block going on...like I can't picture myself smaller....

But I had a NSV over the weekend, I went up in the attic and got out two pairs of jeans and a pair of shorts that I wore 16 years ago and they almost fit!! They fit but they were SNUG. lol I haven't come close to fitting them in the past 16 years. (I would never wear them again, just use them as a landmark.)

I weighed today, unofficial, and I am down 3lbs. So I think I am back on track.

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense...
Old 02-02-2015, 11:01 AM   #13  
maintaining since 9/2013

Hi LoriT Your team may not have won, but YOU certainly had a victory. Way to go!
Old 02-02-2015, 11:45 AM   #14  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio53 View Post
Congrats scorpio!

Ruth AnnWelcome back, Ruth Ann.

Quote:
As I was leaving I counted not one but 15 fast food places as I made my way home. Each and every one was beckoning to me because they knew me well. I have always eaten when I was stressed (or bored, or whatever .... many I'm sure can say the same). BUT I did not stop anywhere. I had packed a protein bar and drink. Iwas determined to stay OP. And I did.
Well done on staying focused on IP while going through all that stress and worry, frawniemae. Sending best wishes for your husband - hope he had a comfortable night and is doing better today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
So I've been struggling with diet fatigue lately....I think I got too comfortable because I weigh the lowest that I have in a LONG time, years...I think I was content where I am now, except I'm really not. I do want to get to my goal weight. I don't know I feel like I have a mind block going on...like I can't picture myself smaller....

But I had a NSV over the weekend, I went up in the attic and got out two pairs of jeans and a pair of shorts that I wore 16 years ago and they almost fit!! They fit but they were SNUG. lol I haven't come close to fitting them in the past 16 years. (I would never wear them again, just use them as a landmark.)

I weighed today, unofficial, and I am down 3lbs. So I think I am back on track.

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense...
Yay Kelly! Congrats on the loss and the NSV. Don't know if you're the same but I find that diet fatigue waxes and wanes - some weeks I have no issues at all, then I'll have a day of resentment and looking for ways to get a "cheat" in without it causing a blip and then I'll happily go back to being compliant.

Not sure if this is hormonal, as it always seems to coincide with the week before ToM and the start. I do know that I crave sweet things more in that week and yet have no interest in "sweetness" the rest of the time.

Hope everyone's having a good Monday and is ready for the week ahead.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:51 AM   #15  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

frawniemae - sending love and support your way. You're head is in the right place - you are taking care of yourself which really is taking care of hubby too. Hang in there.

E
Closed Thread