Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 06:51 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Fri 1/30/15

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 01-30-2015, 07:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Good morning and Happy Friday, everyone!

type1lady -- got a fun chuckle at your last post on last night's chat You almost managed to use all of those in a single sentence!
Old 01-30-2015, 07:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 194/141/125

Height: 5'

Very pleased with my WI yesterday. It was measurement day, too, which happens every 4 weeks. Another 2 pounds down and 23" total gone. I'm a happy camper. Looks like I need to change my signature. Getting ready to start my 3rd month!

Have a great weekend, everyone! It will be a WET one here!
Old 01-30-2015, 09:02 AM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everybody! Haven't been around much this week, busy working on some home reno projects - and I love it

Some great losses and NSV's this week - keep it up everyone!

One of my best friends is in the city today so we're meeting up for dinner (not worried, I'll figure something IP out), I picked up some Quest bars last night (the cookies and cream one is really good, but thankfully not "too" good, if that makes any sense) and thanks to someone from this board, I found a Canadian source for ProtiDiet products and my order should be here soon - yay! All kinds of good stuff happening.

My city was on a two day boil water advisory this week - it ended up being a false positive test result so there wasn't anything wrong but it really does emphasize how important clean drinking water is. Between the people buying cases and cases of bottled water to taking the time to properly boil and cool water so you can drink your 10 to 12 glasses a day to sending your child to school with a bottle of boiled water because the drinking fountains have been turned off. It's really something to think about.

Happy Friday all!

Jo
Old 01-30-2015, 09:25 AM   #5  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily Tip

Friday Weekend Warmup
If you’re going to watch the Super Bowl this weekend, remember: you can’t eat (and drink) everything you want, in whatever quantities you want, and still lose weight. But you CAN plan ahead to have some extra treats, stay in control of your eating, and enjoy them guilt-free.

Here's a whole thread of IP Super Bowl ideas!When we make gatherings about the people and the actual event, rather than about the food, we build great skills for weight loss and maintenance.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/179/170

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizBeadz View Post
Very pleased with my WI yesterday. It was measurement day, too, which happens every 4 weeks. Another 2 pounds down and 23" total gone. I'm a happy camper. Looks like I need to change my signature. Getting ready to start my 3rd month!

Have a great weekend, everyone! It will be a WET one here!
Oh I love loosing inches more than anything else! Awesome, awesome job!
Old 01-30-2015, 09:52 AM   #7  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
One of my best friends is in the city today so we're meeting up for dinner (not worried, I'll figure something IP out), I picked up some Quest bars last night (the cookies and cream one is really good, but thankfully not "too" good, if that makes any sense) and thanks to someone from this board, I found a Canadian source for ProtiDiet products and my order should be here soon - yay! All kinds of good stuff happening.Jo
Oooh, where did you find ProtiDiet products in Canada? I'm doing IP for now but I think I'll want protidiet products for maintenance!
Old 01-30-2015, 10:04 AM   #8  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Morning IPeeps! Another nice one here in my neck of the woods except for the neighbors' dogs harassing my cat...and the cows across the street; those dogs are liable to get shot if they don't get under control (not by me-by the cows' owner). Anywho... I woke up this morning thinking surely I've gained a pound or two back after all the goodies I chopped, diced, roasted and otherwise prepared for future meals ( It was really hard not to sample everything) but my numbers went down another .4 lb from yesterday morning. the least in a day so far but I know it won't always be a bunch... going to make some more sauces today to have ready for another time. Pesto, IP friendly chimi churri, pico de gallo for tonight's fajitas. I enjoy being able to feed hubbie with IP friendly meals to replace the mostly "made from processed foods" junk we had gotten so used to eating. I am finding my culinary skills being refined again.
Have a great day!
Old 01-30-2015, 10:08 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
Morning IPeeps! Another nice one here in my neck of the woods except for the neighbors' dogs harassing my cat...and the cows across the street; those dogs are liable to get shot if they don't get under control (not by me-by the cows' owner). Anywho... I woke up this morning thinking surely I've gained a pound or two back after all the goodies I chopped, diced, roasted and otherwise prepared for future meals ( It was really hard not to sample everything) but my numbers went down another .4 lb from yesterday morning. the least in a day so far but I know it won't always be a bunch... going to make some more sauces today to have ready for another time. Pesto, IP friendly chimi churri, pico de gallo for tonight's fajitas. I enjoy being able to feed hubbie with IP friendly meals to replace the mostly "made from processed foods" junk we had gotten so used to eating. I am finding my culinary skills being refined again.
Have a great day!
My DH used to comment to EVERYONE how much time I was spending cooking real food (and how much better he felt) AND how the clothes rotation looked like a dry cleaners (clothes out to donate & smaller clothes from same spots in). I think he's used to all the cooking now but it was a big change at first.

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-30-2015 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:11 AM   #10  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

Ick! I'm a dog lover through and through but I get super irked when dog owners don't train their dogs properly and let them raise **** in the community..some people should not have dogs. frawniemae can I come live with you so you can cook me IP friendly awesome meals?
Old 01-30-2015, 10:14 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Good morning everybody! Haven't been around much this week, busy working on some home reno projects - and I love it

Some great losses and NSV's this week - keep it up everyone!

One of my best friends is in the city today so we're meeting up for dinner (not worried, I'll figure something IP out), I picked up some Quest bars last night (the cookies and cream one is really good, but thankfully not "too" good, if that makes any sense) and thanks to someone from this board, I found a Canadian source for ProtiDiet products and my order should be here soon - yay! All kinds of good stuff happening.

My city was on a two day boil water advisory this week - it ended up being a false positive test result so there wasn't anything wrong but it really does emphasize how important clean drinking water is. Between the people buying cases and cases of bottled water to taking the time to properly boil and cool water so you can drink your 10 to 12 glasses a day to sending your child to school with a bottle of boiled water because the drinking fountains have been turned off. It's really something to think about.

Happy Friday all!

Jo
We have boil water advisories at least 6 times a year and they can last up to two weeks! It can be a huge pain, especially remembering when you are brushing your teeth! Enjoy your day with your friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Friday Weekend Warmup
If you’re going to watch the Super Bowl this weekend, remember: you can’t eat (and drink) everything you want, in whatever quantities you want, and still lose weight. But you CAN plan ahead to have some extra treats, stay in control of your eating, and enjoy them guilt-free.

Here's a whole thread of IP Super Bowl ideas!When we make gatherings about the people and the actual event, rather than about the food, we build great skills for weight loss and maintenance.
Great advice Lisa!

Stay strong and have a great OP weekend everyone! Cabin bound today and prepared with extra food in the event we get weathered in.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:22 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Happy Friday!

Had my WI today, down 2.8 lbs, bringing my total to 14.8 lbs! I'm really excited to be in the 150s again (just barely, but it counts!!) and have realized that I am 1/4 of the way to my goal. Breaking it up into increments really helps put the end goal into perspective! I've been on IP for a total of about 3.5 weeks (with a month-long break between starting and resuming...really kicking myself for that--can you imagine where I'd be now? ), so I'm really excited to see where I'll be before my birthday. I am turning 26 on March 30, and want to look smokin' hot!

Maybe I will come up with some mini-goals to keep it interesting.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:23 AM   #13  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo88 View Post
Oooh, where did you find ProtiDiet products in Canada? I'm doing IP for now but I think I'll want protidiet products for maintenance!
I sent you a PM with the information

Jo
Old 01-30-2015, 10:44 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 215/198/150

Height: 5'8"

Just got back from a week worktrip away! I was worried since all my dinners were at restaurants (steak and veggies!) But lo and behold I've dropped below 200! Happy Dance!
Old 01-30-2015, 10:56 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 335/258.5/180

Height: 5'8"

Congrats alohakiwi! I have been at a conference this week and managed to stay OP as well...will be interested to WI when I get home!
Closed Thread