Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 07:17 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Comminity Daily Chat Thursday 1/29/2015

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 01-29-2015, 07:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 173/169/150

Height: 5'9

Good morning everyone!

I ran out of IP snacks so today will be especially tough for me. Anyone know of any veggie or something else I can substitute for one of the IP snacks? I don't know if I'll be able to make it from lunch to dinner without a snack!
Old 01-29-2015, 08:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctd238 View Post
Good morning everyone!

I ran out of IP snacks so today will be especially tough for me. Anyone know of any veggie or something else I can substitute for one of the IP snacks? I don't know if I'll be able to make it from lunch to dinner without a snack!
What do you have as a snack? You can always have a drink or pudding mix, or any of the packets for a snack.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:11 AM   #4  
IP Start Date Jan 5, 2015

S/C/G: 229/204/165

Height: 5'7"

Default Breakfast

Yum! Just made the yummiest breakfast! I made pancakes from the Wildberry yogourt drink. Added some minced rhubarb to the batter and it was SOOOOO good. I didn't need to use any syrup to sweeten it. It was perfect!

Last edited by linda.lou; 01-29-2015 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:14 AM   #5  
100% Committed

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5.0 feet

Default Today is my official one month mark

I am down fifteen pounds. I am celebrating by taking a mental health day off from work
Old 01-29-2015, 09:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Way to go, SweetRelease!
Old 01-29-2015, 10:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning IPeeps,

So much closer to Friday!! It hasn't been an overly hard week, but we've been dealing with printer issues for a while now. It's just frustrating because we are a design and print shop, and we kinda need working equipment but everything takes so long to get fixed because of our location.

Great idea SweetRelease, and congrats on your loss. It's so fun to reward ourselves for our awesome accomplishments. I just got a new winter coat and a lovely pair of boots.

Have a great OP day fellow weight warriors
Old 01-29-2015, 10:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/XX/140

Height: 5'8"

Ctd238 - What about an Hard Boiled Egg
linda.lou- Yummy - I didn't see Rhubarb on the protocol but now you have opened my eyes to something on my buy list. I Love Rhubarb!!
SweetRelease713 - Great Job and nice reward to yourself.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:29 AM   #9  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Good morning everyone!

Someone suggested a hard boiled egg, that's good. Also, a packet of Albacore tuna, a Pure Protein bar or quest bar or an EAS Lite shake if you can find them (Walmart & GNC) - oh and GNC carry the Quest protein chips.

E
Old 01-29-2015, 10:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Good morning everyone!

As Delgen said, you can use any of the IP packets for any of the IP meals/snacks over the course of the day. (Just keep to no more than one restricted per day.) If you're out of packets altogether, you can substitute eggs (one whole egg plus 3 egg whites is supposed to be nutritionally equivalent to one IP packet). Make an omelette!
Old 01-29-2015, 10:37 AM   #11  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetRelease713 View Post
I am down fifteen pounds. I am celebrating by taking a mental health day off from work
Congrats SweetRelease! Sounds like a great reward, too!

My email this morning contained a link to a great article about Calories In Calories Out that I wanted to share with you, as I think this is one very misleading subject that is constantly pushed at overweight people. Hope you enjoy it!

Weight has finally dropped to what it was last week and I've lost another quarter inch off my hips/saddlebag/thigh area - so evidently running is making me slinkier, rather than lighter. I can live with that!

Have a great day fellow IPeeps.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:48 AM   #12  
IP Start Date Jan 5, 2015

S/C/G: 229/204/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan2 View Post
Ctd238 - What about an Hard Boiled Egg
linda.lou- Yummy - I didn't see Rhubarb on the protocol but now you have opened my eyes to something on my buy list. I Love Rhubarb!!
SweetRelease713 - Great Job and nice reward to yourself.
I bought a large bag of frozen rhubarb (technically a vegetable) at in the freezer section of my grocery store.

I have also used it to mix in the Wildberry Yogourt when mixed as a drink, per instructions. if you mix it with your blender while still frozen it comes out tasting like soft-serve icecream! Soooo yummy!
Old 01-29-2015, 10:55 AM   #13  
Sunshine

S/C/G: S197.8/C174.4/G135

Height: 5'1"

Does anyone have any crockpot recipes that are phase 1 friendly? I like to cook with my crockpot while I am at work and need some ideas while on phase 1. I love to cook with chicken, beef and turkey. I would like to have some that don't use the Ideal protein packaged foods
Old 01-29-2015, 10:58 AM   #14  
100% Committed

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5.0 feet

Default Briael, great article

Thank you for posting. I will definitely be looking into that info further.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:03 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
My email this morning contained a link to a great article about Calories In Calories Out that I wanted to share with you, as I think this is one very misleading subject that is constantly pushed at overweight people. Hope you enjoy it!
Great article, Amanda! Love learning about all this (especially from articles I can understand). Glad the running is already paying off! Have my WI later….
Closed Thread