Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Default February Featherweight Chat!

Ok, I'm just going to try this! I've been off the forum for a while, since going through a pregnancy in fact, so I don't know how active this place is, but in the past we always had a great Featherweight discussion going on!

How's everyone doing? It's not quite Februrary- goals for the next month?

I'm currently bloated from some serious stress chocolate eating the past couple days, so I hope to be back at 60 kg by Februrary, and then my goal is to get to 57-58 through the month. I'm breastfeeding and not exercising much yet, but my goal is to walk with the baby for an hour a day and do just even two pull-ups again- lost my abilities after 9 months of taking it easy!
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:45 PM   #2  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottainai View Post
Ok, I'm just going to try this! I've been off the forum for a while, since going through a pregnancy in fact, so I don't know how active this place is, but in the past we always had a great Featherweight discussion going on!

I'm currently bloated from some serious stress chocolate eating the past couple days, so I hope to be back at 60 kg by Februrary, and then my goal is to get to 57-58 through the month. I'm breastfeeding and not exercising much yet, but my goal is to walk with the baby for an hour a day and do just even two pull-ups again- lost my abilities after 9 months of taking it easy!
Bit of a newbie here. What a cute baby! And you look great. I'd really like to commend you for breast-feeding. I did that, also, and it's practically the best thing you can do for your child, as I'm sure you know.

My goals for next month are:

Lose two pounds
Continue with yoga videos
Continue with running/walking regimen

I don't know if I've EVER done a pull-up, though I've tried. Kudos on that!
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:51 PM   #3  

HungerWerks- Thank you! She's gotten a lot bigger and fatter and cuter since that photo even. (: I actually enjoy breastfeeding. At least it's convenient, and free baby food! Hah. Fortunately it's come easy to both of us.

Those sound like good, reasonable goals!
I used to be in super good shape and quite lean and could do ten pull-ups or so! I'm not so into being fit anymore but I'd at least like to try to do a couple again.

Last edited by mottainai; 01-26-2015 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:22 PM   #4  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Quote:
HungerWerks- Thank you! She's gotten a lot bigger and fatter and cuter since that photo even. (: I actually enjoy breastfeeding. At least it's convenient, and free baby food! Hah. Fortunately it's come easy to both of us.

Those sound like good, reasonable goals!
I used to be in super good shape and quite lean and could do ten pull-ups or so! I'm not so into being fit anymore but I'd at least like to try to do a couple again.
Adorable! And thanks for the encouragement about the goals. I have heard that losing weight more slowly will help your skin make the transition better, and it seems to be working. Yoga helps, too.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 135/126/100

Height: 5"4

Quote:

What a cutie pie!! Congratulations on your healthy baby girl!
My goals for February:
- stay under 115 lbs
-try to lose 1 or 2 lbs
-exercise more(I hate exercising)
-be more patient with myself
SunMoonStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

i need to lose 2lbs a week so i can be 120 on march 1st. i weighed in at 131 this morning after an unhealthy dinner.im hoping i can weigh in at 129
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 05:45 PM   #7  

Was a little over 60 kg this morning, after a pretty light day, not too much salt or eating a huge dinner. Hope there is still some bloat weight left in there though! Luckily baby and I got a good nights sleep again because I have to work some today. I still hope to fit in a walk outside again though, if it doesn't rain! I have an elliptical machine in the house that I need to assemble sometime...

Hungerwerks- I definitely think slow and sustainable is the way to go! I'm trying not to do anything that isn't a habit I can keep up for, hopefully, life. No more crash diets and rebounds!

SunMoonStar- thank you! She's really sweet. (: Good goals, especially the being patient! I need to remember that too. What kind of exercise will you try to do? Hope you can find something you like! I got really burned out on exercise a while back, but I've found that I really like just going for walks and doing random quick strebgth training exercises occasionally. And until I got pregnant, just doing those easier things really didn't have a big impact on dropping my fitness level either!

Skittles- 2 pounds a week would be great! Hope you make your March goal! Ideally I'd like to do the same, but we'll see.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:27 PM   #8  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunMoonStar View Post
What a cutie pie!! Congratulations on your healthy baby girl!
My goals for February:
- stay under 115 lbs
-try to lose 1 or 2 lbs
-exercise more(I hate exercising)
-be more patient with myself
I pretty much hate exercising, too. I really have to force myself - it's definitely not "Yay, exercise time!" Thank goodness I have a weight to get to and maintain, or I don't know if I'd exercise at all!

Today was interesting, exercise-wise. I went to the gym (I normally work out at home), and heard over the intercom an announcement for some kind of class. So, instead of just walking/maybe jogging on the treadmill, I was "treated" to about 45 minutes of:

kettle ball swinging - just used a ten pound ball. Never used one before!
Resistance band pulling with one foot, meeting it with a shoulder from the opposite side
Giant inflated ball - exercise ball? - passing, from feet to hands and back
squats with a weighted gym bag filled with sand in my arms
lying on my back with legs and arms up - kind of in a "V"

And a few other things. Whew! It was quite the workout, and I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow. But it was a nice change of pace, which makes working out a little less odious. Hope everyone else finds something that does the same for you!
Old 01-27-2015, 06:31 PM   #9  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlesfirehawk View Post
i need to lose 2lbs a week so i can be 120 on march 1st. i weighed in at 131 this morning after an unhealthy dinner.im hoping i can weigh in at 129
Two pounds is definitely doable! Just keep picturing Cinderella's castle.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:35 PM   #10  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Quote:
Was a little over 60 kg this morning, after a pretty light day, not too much salt or eating a huge dinner. Hope there is still some bloat weight left in there though! Luckily baby and I got a good nights sleep again because I have to work some today. I still hope to fit in a walk outside again though, if it doesn't rain! I have an elliptical machine in the house that I need to assemble sometime...

Hungerwerks- I definitely think slow and sustainable is the way to go! I'm trying not to do anything that isn't a habit I can keep up for, hopefully, life. No more crash diets and rebounds!

SunMoonStar- thank you! She's really sweet. (: Good goals, especially the being patient! I need to remember that too. What kind of exercise will you try to do? Hope you can find something you like! I got really burned out on exercise a while back, but I've found that I really like just going for walks and doing random quick strebgth training exercises occasionally. And until I got pregnant, just doing those easier things really didn't have a big impact on dropping my fitness level either!

Skittles- 2 pounds a week would be great! Hope you make your March goal! Ideally I'd like to do the same, but we'll see.
Your talking about going on walks reminds me of how much I get out of the treadmill. It's easy, it's quick (get on, turn it on, walk), and I can read a book and/or watch TV while I'm doing it! I like to alternate that with more strenuous workouts on alternate days.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:26 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlesfirehawk View Post
Good luck!!
Old 01-27-2015, 08:32 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungerWerks View Post
I pretty much hate exercising, too. I really have to force myself - it's definitely not "Yay, exercise time!" Thank goodness I have a weight to get to and maintain, or I don't know if I'd exercise at all!

Today was interesting, exercise-wise. I went to the gym (I normally work out at home), and heard over the intercom an announcement for some kind of class. So, instead of just walking/maybe jogging on the treadmill, I was "treated" to about 45 minutes of:

kettle ball swinging - just used a ten pound ball. Never used one before!
Resistance band pulling with one foot, meeting it with a shoulder from the opposite side
Giant inflated ball - exercise ball? - passing, from feet to hands and back
squats with a weighted gym bag filled with sand in my arms
lying on my back with legs and arms up - kind of in a "V"

And a few other things. Whew! It was quite the workout, and I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow. But it was a nice change of pace, which makes working out a little less odious. Hope everyone else finds something that does the same for you!
Good for you trying a new class!
Old 01-27-2015, 08:38 PM   #13  

Quote:

I love walks, biking and I will also do some Pilates. Maybe swimming when it's not freezing anymore
You are lucky you little one sleeps good at night! My babies were night owls
Old 01-27-2015, 09:07 PM   #14  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Cool, a chat!! I'll jump in.

I am mending from a broken back. I sat in my chair for weeks without any movement and the pounds just piled on. My back is feeling much better, and I am allowed to walk on treadmill. Weights are still a no-no, but hopefully I will be cleared in a week or two to start some sort of a lifting program.

My February goal is to get close to 140 pounds.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:07 PM   #15  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

What adorable baby!! Congrats!!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote