Old 01-16-2015, 06:18 PM   #1  
Losing it every day...

S/C/G: 303.8/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Default My Body Gallery- What real women look like

I love this!

http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html

You can enter your height and then search different weights to see what we might look like as we lose weight. I find it so inspirational. And these are real women!
twish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:29 PM   #2  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

OM this is what I need. My body image is non existent....thank you!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 11:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 108/105.8/60 kgs

Height: 5 foot 6

It's a great way of reaffirming that we will look much better with BMI's around 20-23 in most cases. Even up to around BMI 33, some cute clothes, flattering cuts, and pretty colours can really make you look presentable.
sonickel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 11:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I love these sorts of things. We never see ourselves for how we really look, do we?

This week I saw an old friend I haven't seen since I started losing weight. I've lost nearly 70 lbs. so she was pretty blown away and wanted to know how I did it. She said the doctor wants her to lose a little, like 15lbs, because diabetes and high blood pressure runs in her family.

I looked at her and said " You don't look like you need to lose anything to me".

I meant it. I really couldn't see her needing to lose any weight for appearance. You would never look at this woman and think she was fat.

She said she weighed 180. I weigh 187, and for the life of me, I could not get my head to accept that we're the same size.
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 12:01 PM   #5  

How cool is that...thanks for the link!
jojo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 12:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 275/263/160

Height: 5'4"

I love that site, but I always feel like I look much heavier than those with similar builds and weight. I feel like I look about 50 lbs heavier. Body dysmorphia stinks.
MsAnthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 12:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 212/156/145

Height: 5' 4"

I love that site. My body dysmorphia moves all the time. I don't really think I look fat anymore, but then I never did even though I was. I'm still thick around the middle because of my body type and I call it just that, thick. I never call it fat. And people tell me I have nice legs -- and I like them, too -- but sometimes I think my calves are skinny, sometimes I think they're too big.

Fighting with your own mind and your own perspectives is the worst. Someone gives you a compliment, believe it. They're seeing the you you'd like to see, the real you.
Mad Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 12:37 PM   #8  

It's so hard when our minds play tricks on us. I never saw myself as heavy with 300+ pounds nor did I see myself thinner when I was 175. I'm always "just me", whatever that means.

I do remember though, when I was just under 200, seeing my husband and "some woman" in the reflection. I seriously didn't recognize myself and it was awesome.

I wish that link above would estimate skin sagging for huge losses and age. My body will never be as perfect as those computer simulations even if I got back up over 300, god forbid.
TheLastStraw323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 03:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 360/285/175

Height: 5'9''

Thats a neat site! Yeah I was watching an episode of the "My 600 lb life" last night and the lady on the show had gotten down to 299, which is a good 25 pounds lighter than I am and she still looked very large and it wasn't just skin.. So I called my husband in to ask him if I looked that big and he pointed out that the lady didnt even come up past the top of the door on the car and must have been about 8 inches or more shorter than me which is why my body didnt look as round as hers did..

That website helps put height and weight in perspective.

I have been heavy my whole life, and i guess I have opposite what most people have, I think I look thinner than I actually am! lol.. I have a strong sense of self confidence instilled in me by my mother at an early age, she was a large woman too most of her life.. she had the lapband surgery, then sleeve surgery and finally is down to 200lbs now though.
jc2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 03:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 224/174/160

Height: 5'8"

Wow! I love this. I've lost about 25 pounds now, and still don't really see the difference in myself, but whenever I see someone I haven't seen for a while, they're all like, "Wow, have you lost weight?"

I suppose I should start taking full body pics of myself to monitor progress...
mariam892 is offline   Reply With Quote