Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/210/140

Height: 5'2

Default Optifast Day 1

I am 2 shakes down already for the day. Feeling good and confident about being successful! Any tips??
bbarber62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:09 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

it does get easier and easier. I put mine in a big glass (it's actually one of those magic bullet cups with a screw on lid and fill it full of water.. then I sip it for awhile.. So I don't just chug it in 30 seconds but it lasts for more like an hour. I don't let myself be hungry. if I'm hungry I drink! the next 3 days might be rough though. if you fall off get right back on that minute
wannabesomebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 12:09 AM   #3  

Default optifast

Just completed day 4 of optifast. I don't feel sick or anything, just kind of crummy. Does it go away after a while? I have 70 pounds to loose.
grammydrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:37 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammydrt View Post
Just completed day 4 of optifast. I don't feel sick or anything, just kind of crummy. Does it go away after a while? I have 70 pounds to loose.
Today is day 7 for me. I've found if I keep myself hydrated I feel great. When the shakes ask for 6-8 oz of water I mix with 12 oz to ensure i'm getting in more and it keeps me full. Same with my soups, i add more water.

how are you feeling?
Old 01-22-2015, 10:38 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabesomebody View Post
it does get easier and easier. I put mine in a big glass (it's actually one of those magic bullet cups with a screw on lid and fill it full of water.. then I sip it for awhile.. So I don't just chug it in 30 seconds but it lasts for more like an hour. I don't let myself be hungry. if I'm hungry I drink! the next 3 days might be rough though. if you fall off get right back on that minute
How long have you been on it? What results have you seen? How do you feel?
Old 01-26-2015, 01:14 PM   #6  

How are you all doing? I am on day 14. My 2nd weigh in is tomorrow! So far the worst part was feeling flu-ish at the beginning. My doctor suggested full sodium chicken broth, no more than 2-3 cups/day. It helped and didn't seem to affect my weight loss.
abt74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:15 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by abt74 View Post
How are you all doing? I am on day 14. My 2nd weigh in is tomorrow! So far the worst part was feeling flu-ish at the beginning. My doctor suggested full sodium chicken broth, no more than 2-3 cups/day. It helped and didn't seem to affect my weight loss.
i was lucky enough to have no bad symptoms at all starting out. most of my class had headaches or other things and i felt fine. i just made sure to drink a lot of water. where are you from? do you not have soup as a part of it in general? or is that broth added to it. they told us some people just need more sodium than other. i am doing well. today is day 12 for me. per my own scale im down 8.9 lbs. my weigh in is at 7pm at night for my program so last week my scale said was down 4.5 and at weigh in it said only 2.3 because i weigh in the morning at home.

how are you doing?
Old 01-29-2015, 11:31 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarber62 View Post
i was lucky enough to have no bad symptoms at all starting out. most of my class had headaches or other things and i felt fine. i just made sure to drink a lot of water. where are you from? do you not have soup as a part of it in general? or is that broth added to it. they told us some people just need more sodium than other. i am doing well. today is day 12 for me. per my own scale im down 8.9 lbs. my weigh in is at 7pm at night for my program so last week my scale said was down 4.5 and at weigh in it said only 2.3 because i weigh in the morning at home.

how are you doing?
I'm doing well, thanks for asking! Second weigh in had me losing 3 lbs for a total of 8.5 so far. I was hoping for more, but I'm still happy!

I'm in Colorado so I've been drinking more water than the average person for a long time. However, it was due to the low sodium that I was feeling fluish which is why my doctor suggested broth. And yes, I have a soup for my dinner every day, which is good because I prefer savory to sweet. I'm debating on doing 2 soups a day: one at lunch and one for dinner, but I've heard that the soups can slow down weight loss for some.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:37 PM   #9  

Quote:
I'm doing well, thanks for asking! Second weigh in had me losing 3 lbs for a total of 8.5 so far. I was hoping for more, but I'm still happy!

I'm in Colorado so I've been drinking more water than the average person for a long time. However, it was due to the low sodium that I was feeling fluish which is why my doctor suggested broth. And yes, I have a soup for my dinner every day, which is good because I prefer savory to sweet. I'm debating on doing 2 soups a day: one at lunch and one for dinner, but I've heard that the soups can slow down weight loss for some.
wahoo! i had my second weigh in last night. 3 lbs per their scale for 8 lbs down.

my physician wont allow us to do two soups unless we are VERY low on sodium and it's effecting us. but that it does slow weight loss down. so i would stick with the broth.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:31 PM   #10  

Nice loss!

My next weigh in is on Tuesday. Fingers crossed for a good weigh in! It's hard not to peak on the scale.
Old 02-06-2015, 12:46 PM   #11  

Quote:
Nice loss!

My next weigh in is on Tuesday. Fingers crossed for a good weigh in! It's hard not to peak on the scale.
how was your weigh in?

I weighed in last night and i am down 12.5 lbs.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 250/187.2/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone .. Im from Ontario Canada and Ive been on Optifast since August 2014 .. wow just looking at the date makes it feel like forever =)
Optifast does work to take the weight off but I know pretty soon I will have to rejoin the world of food and I know thats were the real work will begin. Ive been using my time to reset how I think about my relationship with food and have been researching recipes to help me along my journey and my committment to keeping it off. Im under doctor supervision and using Optifast 900.
Looking forward to chatting with everyone
peatpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 01:00 PM   #13  

Default Wahoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peatpod View Post
Hi Everyone .. Im from Ontario Canada and Ive been on Optifast since August 2014 .. wow just looking at the date makes it feel like forever =)
Optifast does work to take the weight off but I know pretty soon I will have to rejoin the world of food and I know thats were the real work will begin. Ive been using my time to reset how I think about my relationship with food and have been researching recipes to help me along my journey and my committment to keeping it off. Im under doctor supervision and using Optifast 900.
Looking forward to chatting with everyone
that is exciting! i started the beginning of january under doctor supervision. how much have you lost if you don't mind me asking? I am glad to hear you have been using this time to really figure out your relationship with food. thats a big deal. its great how much things change mentally for you when you take food out of the equation.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:48 AM   #14  

Default Starting Optifast tomorrow morning!

Hi

I'm starting the Optifast 800 tomorrow; 3 shakes a day plus vegetables. Bit nervous to be honest as I've read that the first few days can be a little brutal - but looking forward to losing some weight and starting to feel good about myself.

It's great to have found this forum, it's really encouraging to read your experiences and stories - thanks for being here. Here's hoping for tomorrow!

Last edited by galactica67; 02-16-2015 at 12:48 AM.
galactica67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:22 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactica67 View Post
Hi

I'm starting the Optifast 800 tomorrow; 3 shakes a day plus vegetables. Bit nervous to be honest as I've read that the first few days can be a little brutal - but looking forward to losing some weight and starting to feel good about myself.

It's great to have found this forum, it's really encouraging to read your experiences and stories - thanks for being here. Here's hoping for tomorrow!
You are a couple days in! How are you feeling? I didn't have any issues my first few days but some people in my class did. Hopefully its going well for you!