Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 07:59 AM   #1  

Default IP Community Daily Chat

IP Community Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 01-14-2015, 10:02 AM   #2  
IP Restart 1/4/16

S/C/G: 213.5/191.2/150

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Poll?: How long did you stay with your coach/clinic before using alternatives

Happy Hump Day! I hope everyone is having a good week with IP. I have found that I really am enjoying this diet and the progress that I have made thus far. The one thing I don't enjoy is the giant dent it is making in my wallet. (My coach has me on five packets a day.) I know that many of you have left your coaches/clinic and are doing it on your own. I am curious how long were you on the plan before you left? I don't think I am ready yet, but I am wondering if I should leave after month two. I found a website that has healthsmart/Healthwise products (the alternative that my coach uses) for HALF of the price that he charges.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:18 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilaberry View Post
Happy Hump Day! I hope everyone is having a good week with IP. I have found that I really am enjoying this diet and the progress that I have made thus far. The one thing I don't enjoy is the giant dent it is making in my wallet. (My coach has me on five packets a day.) I know that many of you have left your coaches/clinic and are doing it on your own. I am curious how long were you on the plan before you left? I don't think I am ready yet, but I am wondering if I should leave after month two. I found a website that has healthsmart/Healthwise products (the alternative that my coach uses) for HALF of the price that he charges.
I did end of July 2012- June 2013 with a coach.
I really could have stopped with the coach by January & done the rest myself but I didn't trust myself to stick with it if I wasn't paying.

You could do your 3 packs from the coach and 2 others from alts
There is a whole alt thread with many ideas if you research it from the beginning.

you can find it here

On another note, although IP looks expensive, when I REALLY looked at what I was spending on snacks, sodas, drive thrus, convenience-store runs, etc, it didn't really work out to be more. I don't do drive thrus or convenience store foods at all anymore
Old 01-14-2015, 10:31 AM   #4  
IP Restart 1/4/16

@Lisa

That is so true. I was easily spending $50 a week on fast food lunch.

Btw your pictures are so inspiring! You look amazing!

Last edited by Lilaberry; 01-14-2015 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

Lilaberry - 5 packets would get a bit more expensive than what the protocol is for sure. I agree with Lisa that I was spending a lot on snacks and eating out so I don't see it as that much of a change.

I am sick as a dog today, but at work trucking along. Drinking a ton of tea and crossing my fingers that it passes me by quite quickly! Not letting it through me off being OP at all, I'm on this diet through sickness and health, lol!
Old 01-14-2015, 10:52 AM   #6  
IP Restart 1/4/16

@Teags I hope you are feeling better soon. I like the in sickness and health idea. A "shot" of ginger, lemon, cayenne, and garlic makes for a great immune booster.

Last edited by Lilaberry; 01-14-2015 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:12 AM   #7  
maintaining since 9/2013

Default Thanks!

Thank-you lisa & Hawaii69 for the great ideas for healthier ways to sweeten and flavor! That's just what I needed. Gonna do my homework today with these good ideas.

Lisa, I agree & am really relieved to finally start eliminating artificial coloring. Next will be WF dressings. They have been wonderfully helpful, but after 2 years and many many bottles, it's time for a break. One step at a time--not yet ready to give up my Nashua treats!

Yesterday I connected some dots with Mio-free water...cold herbal tea. I have a cupboard full because I love to buy it, but can't get myself to drink hot tea--yet! I drank my 2 liters yesterday of cold Cinnamon Vanilla (Yogi brand) and enjoyed it.

Have a great day IPers!
Old 01-14-2015, 12:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 211/179/170

Height: 5'10

This was my first week on the plan, It was a big change for me, as I assume it was for everyone else too. I am happy to say I stuck to the plan and it paid off. I lost 8.2 lbs of which 6.5 was Fat, so I am happy. I know every week will not look like that but I am happy it works. This is day 1 of week 2 and I can't wait to try some of the new IP packets I picked up.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:39 PM   #9  
IP Restart 1/4/16

Congratulations!!! That is awesome. Keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstbkuz View Post
This was my first week on the plan, It was a big change for me, as I assume it was for everyone else too. I am happy to say I stuck to the plan and it paid off. I lost 8.2 lbs of which 6.5 was Fat, so I am happy. I know every week will not look like that but I am happy it works. This is day 1 of week 2 and I can't wait to try some of the new IP packets I picked up.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:46 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilaberry View Post
Congratulations!!! That is awesome. Keep up the good work.
Thanks

It feels good to take care of myself for once. Does anyone else have an "I did it" Bell at their meeting place? She asked me if I wanted to ring it but I said no not until I get to 199, lol

I cannot wait to finally be rid of this extra weight, and now it feels like a real possibility.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 243/150

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

Today has been a super IP day......I am happy dancing all over the place!!! First week 2 weigh in...drum roll plz...7.8 pounds and 8.5 inches for a 2 week total of 21 pounds and 12 inches!!! Then we went in a health food store less than a mile from the IP Center and found the new low price on Walden Farms Products is 2.99 for all of 2015!!!!
Old 01-14-2015, 12:55 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiekat View Post
Today has been a super IP day......I am happy dancing all over the place!!! First week 2 weigh in...drum roll plz...7.8 pounds and 8.5 inches for a 2 week total of 21 pounds and 12 inches!!! Then we went in a health food store less than a mile from the IP Center and found the new low price on Walden Farms Products is 2.99 for all of 2015!!!!

What a super few weeks you have had! WOW!
You must feel Amazing!
I just started week 2 and am already excited for my weigh in. I never thought of looking at a health food store for WF products, that is a great deal!
Old 01-14-2015, 01:00 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/138 - 2012; Reboot 175/140

Height: 5"4

Hello ladies,

My NSV for this day... saw a person that causes me A LOT OF ANXIETY and just came home and drank more water. I didn't go off plan as I would in previous occasions.

I just have to say this over and over.... "she does not define me"

Feel great... keep up with those losses.

Last edited by momat40; 01-14-2015 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:15 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by momat40 View Post
Hello ladies,

My NSV for this day... saw a person that causes me A LOT OF ANXIETY and just came home and drank more water. I didn't go off plan as I would in previous occasions.

I just have to say this over and over.... "she does not define me"

Feel great... keep up with those losses.
aweeee.. good for you though. You are right, the only person who defines you, is YOU

Hope your day gets better!
Old 01-14-2015, 01:26 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 190/138 - 2012; Reboot 175/140

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstbkuz View Post
aweeee.. good for you though. You are right, the only person who defines you, is YOU

Hope your day gets better!
Thank you.
Closed Thread