Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 205.6/194.1/135

Height: 5'-3"

Default Wonderslim 2015

I thought I would start a new thread for the new year for those of us currently doing Wonderslim or if you are thinking about trying it. I started Wonderslim at the end of October and lost 14 lbs my first month. I had trouble staying on plan from Thanksgiving to after Xmas (my own fault), and gained some weight back.

I'm back on plan and hoping to get great results! I will make a post later of the foods I like and dislike so far.
swimmom70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 10:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 205.6/194.1/135

Height: 5'-3"

I'm doing the Wonderslim Premium Plan and here are the foods that I've tried so far.

Shakes

Mocha and Chocolate - I love both flavors and sometimes I blend them with coffee which also tastes great. I highly recommend both flavors!

Vanilla - Just okay, but will get at least one box with my order just for a change from the chocolate and mocha.

Smoothies

Berry Yogurt - Absolutely disgusting and I would never order this flavor again. It has such a fake flavor and even when I blended frozen berries into it I still had trouble drinking it.

Strawberry Yogurt - Better tasting than the berry and it tastes better if you blend frozen berries into it. I will continue to order this one for some variety.

Breakfast

Hot Cakes - These are awesome and come out light and fluffy. I would eat these even if I wasn't trying to lose weight with Wonderslim.

Cinnamon Crunch Cereal - I like cereal for breakfast and this satisfies me even though it is a small amount and I think it tastes great.

Berries and Chocolate Crunch Cereal - also good, but I personally prefer the cinnamon crunch over this.

Apple n Cinnamon Oatmeal - If you like regular apple n cinnamon oatmeal then you will probably like this. I normally don't go for flavored oatmeal and like mine plain with brown sugar. The Wonderslim guide has a recipe for mixing a packet of oatmeal with a packet of hot cakes to make muffins. I did that and liked it better as a muffin.

Entrees

Vegetarian Joe - I really like the taste of this and it doesn't need any doctoring to make it taste better.

Chili w/beans - I didn't really enjoy this at all. It is bland and when I tried to add spices to it like chili powder, it made it taste worse IMO. I won't be ordering this again.

Spicy Cheese n Pasta - This is another one I like a lot. It's not that spicy and doesn't taste cheesy to me, but like a pasta with meat sauce.

Cheese Steak Macaroni - Another favorite of mine and the portion is larger than the other 3 I've already mentioned.

Soup

Chicken and Vegetable Cream - This is the only soup I've tried so far. The flavor reminds me of Cup a Soup. I don't find it very filling, but I do like it and will continue to order it unless I try another flavor.

Snacks

Cheddar Crunchers - You get a lot of these and they taste pretty good. I would get these again.

Pretzels - These taste buttery and kind of like a cracker. I like these enough to order again.

BBQ Snack O's - This is my favorite of the snacks. If you love BBQ chips you will love these. They are about the same size as cheerios and you get a good amount of them. I would buy these as a low calorie snack even if I wasn't doing Wonderslim.

Sour Cream and Onion Snack O's - These taste good, and I have read other reviews where they have said they taste like Funions. I would have to agree and I would order them again.

Bars

Peanut Butter Crisp - These are ok, but there are better flavors. I found this bar a little dry. Will probably not order again.

Zesty Lemon - I enjoyed these, but won't order them every month. The bars have a nice lemon flavor.

Rich Chocolate Caramel - I tried this first in the variety pack and really liked it so I ordered a box with my most recent shipment.

Crispy Fudge and Graham - Ditto to what I said about the Rich Chocolate Caramel.

Mint Cocoa - I thought it was good and it reminded me of a thin mint cookie. I might order these in the future if I get a craving for thin mint cookies.

Chocolate Nutty Almond, Crispy Cinnamon, Dark Chocolate Marshmallow, and Crispy Peanut - These were also in the variety pack and I didn't enjoy any of these flavors and I won't be ordering them in the future.

Dessert

Double Chocolate Cake - This tastes okay to me, nothing special. The texture is a little spongy.

Chocolate Chip Cookie - not sure if I will get this again. It's okay, but definitely tastes like a diet cookie.

Dark Chocolate Pudding - I was sent a sample of this. I tried it and liked it, but I haven't been in the mood for pudding so I haven't ordered any pudding yet.

Hot drinks

Hot Cocoa and Cappucinno - I like both flavors and usually have one of these drinks as my dessert. I think it's probably the cold weather that makes me want them at night instead of the other desserts.

I ordered my second shipment from dietdirect because I wanted to try the Bariwise bars after I saw some great reviews for them. I tried the Caramel Crunch which are delicious. If anybody has any questions about the program, just ask and I'll try to help. I hope other people doing the program will post here as well.
swimmom70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/149.2/150

I ordered 2 weeks of the core program to jump start my weight loss and see how I like the food.
robinobx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 08:51 AM   #4  

Starting day 3. I really like the food already planning another order. I've already lost 5 pounds. I know most of it was fluid but I'll take it. I think this was just what I needed to help me get back on track.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:13 PM   #5  

Default 2+ weeks on WS

Started Wonderslim on NYeve...as of today, down 11lbs. Love the products, never done Medifast but have several friends who've had success with it. Wanted to try something I could integrate into a long term program. Honestly, most everything I've eaten from WS, I would eat even OFF the program! Makes it easier to stay on track, honestly. Keeps my blood sugar stable, and makes eating simple and no-brainer.

The cappuccino is my favorite item!! When I'm feeling snacky at night, this is my go-to item. Love it!
Alaskamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:49 PM   #6  
ajax2014

S/C/G: 203/203/135

Height: 5'2"

Red face

Hi I'm a newbie to this page. I just ordered the WS core plan. I'm starting with the 2 wk only because I've waisted so much money on diets that I just want to be sure it's going to work for me before I commit to the monthly plan. I'm excited and can't wait to receive it so I can start my new weight loss journey. Will post again when I start.
ajax2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:43 PM   #7  

I lost 7.8 pounds in 7 days. I got another 2 weeks of food in today. Finding the plan is very easy to stick to. I really like the food. I love to make a mocha shake using the chocolate cream shake mix and a packet of folgers instant coffee. I blended it with a water and a couple of ice cubes. It comes out so creamy. I love it. I also love to put a couple splashes of hot sauce in the cheesesteak macaroni. I tried the bbq O's today you get a huge portion of those.

Last edited by robinobx1; 01-22-2015 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:12 AM   #8  

I am starting today, have gained so much weight in past 6 months without even doing much different. I think it's hormone related, lots of acne and headaches and I'm 47 so must be hormone issues...need to drop some of this weight and then get to a Dr to see what I can do to stop this weight gain freight train. I have done medifast in the past with great success, thought I'd try WS this time to compare...
momtotwinzplus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 219/208/170

Height: 5' 7"

Default New to WS

Hi, I'm ordering WS this week to start the Monday after Vday. My question is- I was planning to order the Core program and see they have a customize option, but that does not include any of the O's and hot cakes, etc. Should I do the Core program to jump start and then switch to ordering my own products later? Do you achieve the same weight loss with all the other products? In other words, are all the breakfasts equivalent to having a shake at bfast or do I have to go mostly liquid at first? Thanks for your help!
linstar45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 08:35 AM   #10  

Hi! Just an update-
I'm starting day 5 of WS today and my sister is doing it, as well. So far, so great! I'm really enjoying the food and find that just when I get hungry, it's time for another meal/snack! Honestly, this is way more than I ate before, but obviously the calories are much lower! We sometimes have to really force ourselves to get everything in! To help with that, I created a little spreadsheet to keep track of my foods on the CORE plan. I printed it and cut in half. I keep it folded in my purse! I would share, but I don't have enough posts to put up links.
Hope all are doing well! It sure would be nice to see more people on here!
Old 02-20-2015, 01:07 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/165/135

Height: 5'1

Hi everyone! Started Wonderslim a week ago and am loving it! Much better than Medifast. I have a question-are the meal supplements interchangeable? I am probably overthinking it, but I am doing the premium plan and not sure if I can eat any meal supplement or have to follow it exactly as written. I understand the meal replacements but the others are a little confusing.
Thanks in advance for any help!!
kattyb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 11:25 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattyb13 View Post
Hi everyone! Started Wonderslim a week ago and am loving it! Much better than Medifast. I have a question-are the meal supplements interchangeable? I am probably overthinking it, but I am doing the premium plan and not sure if I can eat any meal supplement or have to follow it exactly as written. I understand the meal replacements but the others are a little confusing.
Thanks in advance for any help!!
Hi kattyb13! I'm new to this, too, so I don't know if I'm right, but here's how I take it:
The meal "replacements" are shakes/pudding and in the morning the plan says to have a dairy or fruit and then a fruit with the 2nd. I don't always eat things when they say, but I make sure to eat what they say. Here's why- I'm sure that if I wanted to have a breakfast instead of a shake, that would be fine. But I'm thinking that might slow your loss. I think the more "replacements" you do, the more you lose. So, I plan to do the core plan with 3 shakes a day for a couple of months and when I get closer to my goal, start slowly adding in non-liquid meals.
I made a cheat-sheet with all of the things they say to eat and I rearrange them if I need to, to fit my schedule. (The book says that's fine.) I then check off things when I have them, to help me stay on track, since I'm switching it up... I have even read where some people combine things (like 2 shakes or their nightly shake with their daily bar) to lessen the frequency of eating (again, to fit a schedule.) I personally find that as soon as I feel hungry, it's time for a "meal," so I'm trying to eat every 2-3 hours and not combining right now... Hope I was helpful!
Old 02-21-2015, 06:52 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 170/165/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by linstar45 View Post
Hi kattyb13! I'm new to this, too, so I don't know if I'm right, but here's how I take it:
The meal "replacements" are shakes/pudding and in the morning the plan says to have a dairy or fruit and then a fruit with the 2nd. I don't always eat things when they say, but I make sure to eat what they say. Here's why- I'm sure that if I wanted to have a breakfast instead of a shake, that would be fine. But I'm thinking that might slow your loss. I think the more "replacements" you do, the more you lose. So, I plan to do the core plan with 3 shakes a day for a couple of months and when I get closer to my goal, start slowly adding in non-liquid meals.
I made a cheat-sheet with all of the things they say to eat and I rearrange them if I need to, to fit my schedule. (The book says that's fine.) I then check off things when I have them, to help me stay on track, since I'm switching it up... I have even read where some people combine things (like 2 shakes or their nightly shake with their daily bar) to lessen the frequency of eating (again, to fit a schedule.) I personally find that as soon as I feel hungry, it's time for a "meal," so I'm trying to eat every 2-3 hours and not combining right now... Hope I was helpful!

Thanks for the info!
I am doing the premium plan, so my real confusion is with the supplements. I know that I have to do 3 shakes/puddings per day, but are the supplements interchangeable with each other? For example, can I exchange the lite entree for one of the other supplements or do I have to have to eat exactly which supplement is listed in the plan?
I hope that question makes sense!
kattyb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 12:56 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattyb13 View Post
Thanks for the info!
I am doing the premium plan, so my real confusion is with the supplements. I know that I have to do 3 shakes/puddings per day, but are the supplements interchangeable with each other? For example, can I exchange the lite entree for one of the other supplements or do I have to have to eat exactly which supplement is listed in the plan?
I hope that question makes sense!
So, from what I've read the only thing that is not interchangeable is the bars/snacks. (Maybe the desserts would fall into this, too.) If you don't want your light entree (like cheese steak macaroni) then you can have a different entree or soup or a breakfast. You should limit your bars to 1/day so you shouldn't have those in place of an entree AND as your afternoon snack. Also, I would think that having a shake instead of an entree might be a little low on the calories... Does that make sense?
The beauty of Wonderslim is that it's flexible! For example, if you go to Wonderslim.com and look at all 3 plans (premium, core, and basic) you'll see where the differences are and you can use that information to help make your choices. For example, my plan doesn't come with breakfast or dessert, so I incorporate a dairy with my shake in the AM and have my 3rd shake/pudding for dessert. The other thing is that you can absolutely rearrange the foods for when you want them. I've almost always put my starch with dinner instead of lunch and when I'm on the go, I'll have my bar before lunch and my shake before dinner. I even do my lean and green meal for breakfast 1 day a week because I have a class that night. And this weekend I've gotten to sleep in, so I have both my morning shakes together as one 16 oz. shake! Just keep track of when you've eaten the suggested food to make sure you get it all in. I think the problem with not is going into "starvation mode" when your body doesn't have enough calories... I know it's tough to figure out when you don't have a coach like in IP, but for me the cost savings is worth it! You got this!
Old 03-02-2015, 08:06 AM   #15  

2 weeks on the plan- in LOVE! I've lost 11 lbs and feel AWESOME! I think the WONDERful thing about WS is that it takes the guesswork out of eating healthy (and the foods/shakes/snacks are GOOD!) while also giving me the opportunity to learn what that healthy eating is (when I'm planning my dinner.) I can't remember a time when I've cared so much about the nutrition labels- this has really been an education! But the best part is- I don't feel like I'm depriving myself! I get to chew food at lunch and a little throughout the day... And when I make my WS approved dinners, I'm always WOWed! There is so much food on my plate and with the recipes I've found on the web- I'm finding it's just as flavorful as when I cooked before! Hope others are having success, as well! I'd love to hear how it's going in 2015! Be well!