Old 01-08-2015, 04:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation weightloss smoothies? Instead of juicing..

Hi the last few days I've been juicing strictly veggies and fruit (80% veggies 20% fruit). I've realized I'm going through a TON of produce and I'm on a budget. I was curious if I'd be able to make "smoothies", like homemade V8, to save money (since I won't be throwing 3/4 of it away) and still lose weight? The juicing is working well for me weight loss wise, other than that, it sucks lol. I feel I'm hungry a lot of the time and most of the juice i make is absolutely horrible but I plug my nose like a champ and drink it. The only difference between juicing and blending is the pulp/fiber. Do you think I'll continue losing weight if I start doing smoothie recipes instead? This is all I consume during the day is my juice, no solids or caffeine.
NicoleLynn225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:46 AM   #2  
Counting bites!

S/C/G: 282/255/130

You're weight will probably bounce back a bit, but you should keep losing and hopefully the hunger will abate because you'll be eating food.
IMO, juicing is an awful fad, you waste tons of money and food to strip minimal calories from whole, healthy food. It doesn't make sense to me.
izzyboomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:01 AM   #3  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Juicing is only good for the short term from what I've read, as a way to jump start into another weight loss program or to do a juice fast maybe once or twice a week to give your digestive system a break.

Smoothies would be a better, long-term choice, but don't believe that just because you have a smoothie a day you will lose weight. You still need to take into account the calories consumed. But, unlike other choices you might make for your meal, you're more likely to get all your fruits and veggies for the day into your diet, all your nutrients, and a healthy well-rounded meal that should curb your hunger if you add the right ingredients.

When I have a smoothie, I eat it "for breakfast" but it takes me until almost noon to finish it! So it actually turns into lunch, too. But it's not the end-all be-all of my weight loss "program."
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

I agree with izzyboomama and nonameslob! I drink ********** every morning and sometimes I add a banana or some berries but I am satisfied until snack time. I couldn't imagine throwing all the "meat" of the fruit away as expensive as produce is. Plus with meal replacements you can add frozen fruits
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote