Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 12:54 AM   #1  
Princess in Training

Default Review: Fitday for PC

Hi all,

I got the downloadable New Fitday, so I thought I'd post a review of it, in case anyone else was curious.

Pros: You can track a lot more stuff. There's even a graph that displays "mood vs calories consumed." The weight goals and tracking is much more advanced than the online version. They have a section where you can customize ratios of fat-carbs-protein% and set goals based on that and display how closely you have stuck with it (which is cool, because it's doesn't have the low fat diet concept and limit how much fat you can put). The format is slightly different, but not so much that someone already using fitday online couldn't learn it. Oh and my favorite: you can make custom foods based on other foods--like drag and click ingredients from a recipe, etc. There is a specific field for measurements with guidelines on how to take them.

Cons: if you already do fitday, there's no way to download it into the PC version, so you'll be starting all over again. It also freaks out if you want to just type in something and put 1 carb...it wants to know what it is and wants you to set it up as a food...so no random carb additions. Oh and other people can't look at your fitday offline.

Overall, I thought it was worth the $20 to download, considering I've used it free online for so long.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:03 AM   #2  

I agree. I downloaded it about a week ago. It is definitely more advanced and I love being able to enter a recipe by ingredients. I used to have to enter the recipe in Master Cook then enter it into FitDay. Now I can just do it there. Love that.
I wish it had a way to plan out a weeks menu without entering each item for everyday...don't know if that makes sense. I would just love a place to put down what I am planning and the approx carbs. Then I can enter them in the food log WHEN I have them. I use an Excel spreadsheet right now.

I was going to do the download and get the CD for 24.95 (I think) but when I found out you can't link the stuff from one pc to another I figured why bother. That would have been a nice feature. Diet Power software has a "travel disk" that you can take home and download.

Overall.....excellent.
Old 02-03-2004, 01:08 PM   #3  
Head Princess

Bumping for Karen
Old 02-03-2004, 07:46 PM   #4  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

THANKS STAR! For finding it!! Thanks to Jane an Khem for the reviews! I might have to get it for myself...
Closed Thread