Old 12-27-2014, 06:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/169/145

Default UUGGH! Back to square one again.

Why, oh why do I keep doing this? I lose it then gain it back. How do you get off the yo-yo dieting?

I lost enough weight 2 years ago to be very happy with the way I felt and looked. Now it's all back on again. Every pound except 3.

Well, there is no quick weight loss that is healthy. So, back to the treadmill and bike and counting calories. Oh and no more Brisdelle medication for hot flashes. I gained 10 pounds in 3 weeks and BP became elevated and increased fluid retention.

Last edited by lyv33; 12-27-2014 at 06:31 PM.
lyv33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:17 PM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome back! So many of us have ridden that merry-go-round -- all the horses' saddles are worn smooth from our butts.

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 12-29-2014 at 03:17 PM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 08:14 PM   #3  
I Can & I Will!

S/C/G: 400 S / Ticker C / 160 G

Height: 5'7

Welcome back Iyv! Most of us have been in that situation multiple times. You'll lose it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Snark View Post
Welcome back! So many of us have ridden that merry-go-round -- all the horses' saddles are worn smooth from our butts.
ROFL MrsSnark!
Jesslan Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 02:14 PM   #4  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Iyv33, when you figure it out, let me know, 'kay?

In any case, welcome home. 2015, here we come!
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 02:50 AM   #5  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Been there and done that. This time I stopped myself before I gained all of it back... Working on losing again too.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 08:33 AM   #6  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

We have a regainers support thread in the 100 club... Come on voter and join us, we've all been there.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 09:06 AM   #7  
I WILL get there...again

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyv33 View Post
Why, oh why do I keep doing this? I lose it then gain it back. How do you get off the yo-yo dieting?

I lost enough weight 2 years ago to be very happy with the way I felt and looked. Now it's all back on again. Every pound except 3.

Well, there is no quick weight loss that is healthy. So, back to the treadmill and bike and counting calories. Oh and no more Brisdelle medication for hot flashes. I gained 10 pounds in 3 weeks and BP became elevated and increased fluid retention.
I have no wisdom to avoid the situation, but can at least offer support in the form of I'm in the same boat. I had lost to my goal weight of 145 and today I'm back up to 166. I think for me the issue is complacency. Once I got to my goal I didn't take maintenance seriously. I stopped counting calories, didn't work out as often as I should (and at one point stopped all together) and stopped weighing myself on a regular basis. I also think there was some denial involved even as my clothes got tighter and tighter and it was clear the weight was coming back. I had even made an agreement with myself to have a cut off point which was a weight I wouldn't allow myself to go past and I've surpassed it by 16 pounds which I think is the result of denial and laziness on my part. Oh well, the past is the past and I think the best we can do is explore how we got here and make a plan to overcome it and do better this time. Now that I know my weakness is in the maintenance phase I plan to be more dedicated to taking that seriously...I just have to get back there
bunnabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 212/149/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm in the same boat as well, sadly. I forced myself back on track before things got out of control, though, but life stress and the holidays have me up about 10 pounds or so, I would guess. I haven't been brave enough to step on the scale in a few weeks. Tomorrow morning I will face the music and weigh in.

You're taking the first step by being here and getting back in control.
Veloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:12 AM   #9  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnabear View Post
I have no wisdom to avoid the situation, but can at least offer support in the form of I'm in the same boat. I had lost to my goal weight of 145 and today I'm back up to 166. I think for me the issue is complacency. Once I got to my goal I didn't take maintenance seriously. I stopped counting calories, didn't work out as often as I should (and at one point stopped all together) and stopped weighing myself on a regular basis. I also think there was some denial involved even as my clothes got tighter and tighter and it was clear the weight was coming back. I had even made an agreement with myself to have a cut off point which was a weight I wouldn't allow myself to go past and I've surpassed it by 16 pounds which I think is the result of denial and laziness on my part.
Wow! I could have written that word for word.

I got to my goal weight a couple years ago, even lower, and then I just --- stopped. I was making up for all the times I stayed home to avoid food and drinking. I replaced the elliptical with pub pretzels and beer. And denied, denied, denied. Gained most back and now here I am again.

You are not alone!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 12:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 223/200/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
Wow! I could have written that word for word.

I got to my goal weight a couple years ago, even lower, and then I just --- stopped. I was making up for all the times I stayed home to avoid food and drinking. I replaced the elliptical with pub pretzels and beer. And denied, denied, denied. Gained most back and now here I am again.

You are not alone!
I'm so glad to see this from others too! Definitely going to stay with 3FC to keep myself accountable, even after I get there! Maybe do once a month weigh in like Mrs. Snark!
jbaasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:01 AM   #11  
I WILL get there...again

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaasch View Post
I'm so glad to see this from others too! Definitely going to stay with 3FC to keep myself accountable, even after I get there! Maybe do once a month weigh in like Mrs. Snark!
Staying in the zone with 3FC and things like MFP are really key for me too. There is a clear correlation between stopping those things and gaining the weight back. It sounds like we all need to stick together for some serious support in losing and even more critical, maintenance support once we get there.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:51 AM   #12  

Yes, complacency is what got me back here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnabear View Post
I have no wisdom to avoid the situation, but can at least offer support in the form of I'm in the same boat. I had lost to my goal weight of 145 and today I'm back up to 166. I think for me the issue is complacency. Once I got to my goal I didn't take maintenance seriously. I stopped counting calories, didn't work out as often as I should (and at one point stopped all together) and stopped weighing myself on a regular basis. I also think there was some denial involved even as my clothes got tighter and tighter and it was clear the weight was coming back. I had even made an agreement with myself to have a cut off point which was a weight I wouldn't allow myself to go past and I've surpassed it by 16 pounds which I think is the result of denial and laziness on my part. Oh well, the past is the past and I think the best we can do is explore how we got here and make a plan to overcome it and do better this time. Now that I know my weakness is in the maintenance phase I plan to be more dedicated to taking that seriously...I just have to get back there
Old 01-08-2015, 12:53 AM   #13  

Thanks for all the comments. This is so difficult to do this time around. I am struggling a lot this time.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:47 AM   #14  
I WILL get there...again

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyv33 View Post
Thanks for all the comments. This is so difficult to do this time around. I am struggling a lot this time.
Same here. The weight is not coming off as quickly this time so it makes it harder to stay motivated. Trying not to focus on the number on the scale so much and just think healthy. Easier said than done but I'm determined to hang in there.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:29 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 288.6/288.6/188

Height: 5'3"

Right there with you. I lose, I get distracted, I regain. At least we are back here.
skinnymrs is offline   Reply With Quote