Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 07:43 AM   #1  

Default [B]UMMMMM what makes you guys go. Sorry I know it is early[/B]

Sorry for such a question so early in AM but I gotta ask.
On WW I ate a lot of higher fiber food so didn't have any problems but just curious is it normal not to go as often?
Am I missing somthing I should be taking/eating?
Again sorry but I didn't start this knowing all the details and sure hope you old pros can help.

LOL not age old just ATkins old
Old 02-03-2004, 08:22 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

I'm not "atkins old" but I don't go as much as I used to. Well, I GO but that's cuz of the water But what you're talking about---not as often. So I'll be interested in this answer as well.

Hmm...who can say how often is enough?
Old 02-03-2004, 11:12 AM   #3  
Princess in Training

1) water
2) more water
3) All the recommended veggies (which for me means 2 cups salad and two cups of a cooked veggie like spinach, broccoli, etc a day)
4) more water (and if you're drinking soda, or decaf, you're not counting it, right?)
5) Flax meal, husks, and other such things put into breakfast cereal or muffins
6) coffee, decaf works, I'm not sure why

The average american gets 11-15 grams of fiber. I get about 20 a day if I do my veggies well. Jicama is great for fiber.

If you're in induction, as long as things are still movin, don't worry about fiber...you'll be adding in more in time.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:29 PM   #4  
Head Princess

Normally I'm fine. Like Brenda said, it's not as often, but then, I'm not eating nearly as much! Don't hate me for this, but what actually has worked for me on the rare occasion that I may want a little "help" is....promise no lectures!!!! I smoke a cigarette. The stimulant works.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:47 PM   #5  
Mom, Queen of Everything

This WOE seems to have the opposite effect on me! The lack of binders in my diet seems to have a laxative effect. Believe me, there are days I wish I had your problem!
Old 02-03-2004, 01:58 PM   #6  
Baby Steps

hmm...how would I explain THAT one to my DH. "Sorry honey, I HAD to smoke it so I could poop". Doubt he'd agree w/that one seeing how I keep telling him WE quit for a reason. lol
Old 02-03-2004, 02:16 PM   #7  
Head Princess

Brenda!

I'm a "weekend smoker" it's just something to do at the bar - especially when I'm stuck with just water

DH is a smoker. Blech! It drives me bonkers! I told him that I refuse to reproduce with him until he quits I'm going to get to enjoy my new body for a while!
Old 02-03-2004, 02:22 PM   #8  
Baby Steps

I could never do things "half-way"...hence the shape my body's in. You know the saying "can't eat just one"??? Well, I usually applied that to EVERYTHING I ate. Except when I was on WW. OH MAN was I hungry!! I never seemed to be able to EAT. Made me wonder how people stayed on that. I'm actually surprised I've stayed with Atkins---but it's working! THAT is the main thing And as long as nothing's "stopped up" I figure I can still be healthy
Closed Thread