Old 01-03-2015, 09:18 PM   #1  
Less of a Better Me

Default January Chat

A new January Chat for a new year!

I have been in a plateau for awhile. I weighed in today and weighed exactly what I weighed in the weigh in before Thanksgiving. I wish it was less...on the other hand, I'm glad I maintained during the end of year craziness.

I posted first quarter goals on my blog and my primary goal is to get below 150 by the end of March. I am a slow loser so not confident I can do more than that. If I get to 148 (2 pounds above goals) I won't have to pay for meetings any more (regained lifetime member) and would like to get there by my birthday at the end of April.

I feel revitalized and eager to start off the new year.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 01:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/166/135

Height: 5"1

My goal for the new year is to be down to 75kg (165 pounds) by the time we go to Thailand in mid-March.

This is may be a stretch but is doable. It's nine weeks away and I've been losing about .9 per week and I'm currently 84kg (185 pounds).

I'm down 6.3kg (14 pounds) in seven weeks but no one can really tell yet. Looking forward to when it's noticeable to other people.
flickety_switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 01:51 PM   #3  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

Height: 5'8"

So I have been doing WW online since October. But I just joined meetings again, just need that extra push to get all the last weight off. Plus I want to get the free tools once at goal. Hope this helps. My first meeting tomorrow.
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 02:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Glad to see people still posting here after the holidays. After all is said and done I weighed in at 231.4 today. So I gained a few pounds over Christmas.. not surprising. I wasn't as good at tracking my food, let exercise go, and ended up grazing on candy (a piece here and there adds up afterall) that my son offered me.

Flickety_switch - It can be a bit demotivating when no one is noticing you've lost. I started out pretty big so it takes a lot of weight coming off before seeing a difference. What has helped me is noticing on things fit different. Even though I can't see a difference, and people that see me daily don't notice a difference, I do have one article of clothing (my bridesmaid dress from September) that I can regularly put on to feel the difference. In it I can definitely see/feel the change, even if I otherwise can't. Measuring instead of just weighing may also help.

Happy new year to all! I think my year goal is to just get under 200lbs. That leaves room for slip ups, which I know will happen.. plateaus, and just lets me lose slowly overall. Anything over that and I'll be ecstatic
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 04:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I reached goal (120) about 6 years ago after gaining 80 lbs when I was pregnant. It took me one year to take off that baby weight. Now I've had another 7lbs creep up on me. I would love to get down to 115 for my wedding in June. I was pregnant for my first wedding, so I'd really like to look and feel beautiful.

I'm feeling so gross right now, so I don't even want to shop for dresses!

I'll join you all. I've calorie counted for the past 6 years, but now I'm going back to points!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 04:42 PM   #6  

Sunarie, thank you for always giving me such great advice!

I will keep a piece of clothing and regularly put it on to see where I'm at as I'm not doing measurements (too lazy and not sure I'd do it right).

I came back to work yesterday after almost three weeks off and my co-worker and my boss both told me separately that my face had changed, which made me feel happy!

It's funny, dropping one point from 28 to 27 has made a big difference psychologically. I don't really have any wiggle room for snacks as my breakfast is usually 5-6 points, my lunch is 5-8 points and my dinner 12-15 points.

Just trying to eat fruit for snacks and keep my weekly points for any eating out I do (I lose much better on weeks I use less than 10 WP).

Dreading the drop to 26 points!
Old 01-07-2015, 11:45 AM   #7  

Welcome Munchy! Yay for a wedding coming up, and I hope you reach a weight you're happy with by that time.

flickety_switch - Happy to offer up anything I do that could possibly help others. This whole weight loss thing has been a constant struggle for me for over a decade and I just now finally feel like I have some sort of grasp on it. So if I can help anyone skip even a fraction of my struggles then whoo! It's always a plus to hear you look different from other people.

SoMuchFattitude - I wanted to let you know that you're still in my thoughts and I hope you and hubby are recovering okay.

I stepped on the scale today, even though I told myself a couple days ago I was only going to weigh in on challenge days. I'm down to 230.6, so trending downwards after the holiday overeating finally. Hopefully I'll be back under my mini-goal soon and can stop looking at that "gained" word on my ticker, hah.
Old 01-07-2015, 02:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I just wrote a long post, but deleted it - ack! Thank you all for the warm welcome! I weighed myself and it turns out that I have 18 lbs to lose as opposed to 12. I can't believe I put on 6lbs over the last 6-7 months. I felt it, but I'm usually wrong

My fiance, bless his heart, surprised me with roses and champagne yesterday. He is the sweetest, but I just had to drink and finish that champagne knowing it was in the fridge calling my name. Sigh. So my actual day yesterday went like this instead of my plan.

January 6, 2015
B: Hot tea w/lemon and agave (30), Egg white sausage vegetable bake (118) = 148 (2.5)
S: Pumelo (40) = 40 (1)
L: 1 cup blue cheese tomato soup (118) = 118 (2)
S: Cherry tomatoes (50), 2T Greek yogurt ranch (30) = 80 (1)
D: 3oz chicken (120), broccoli with cheese (150), 6oz potato (156) = 426 (8.5)
S: Champagne (500) = 500 (10)
TOTAL: 1312 (25, 28 flex remaining)

At the very least, I did not indulge in fried chicken or the order of Chinese food yesterday and I didn't have any pizza or wings from the day before. My fiance tends to go food-indulgent on his "weekends."

I'm still on the grind for today. I'm confident that I can at least drop 10lbs in the next 5 months, and hopefully more.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:02 AM   #9  

Feeling a bit down. It's Thursday night in Australia and I weigh in on Sunday morning.

Just stepped on the scales after so far using only two of my weekly points this week and I'm the same weight as I was when I weighed in on Sunday morning.

I know it's the evening and I've only exercised twice this week (will do two more sessions before Sunday) but GRRRRR.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

This is how the scale becomes your enemy. Everyone weighs more in the evening than in the morning, so I would think you've actually lost a pound or two. Please try not to do that. Most people weigh themselves first thing in the morning, naked, before any food or drink, after visiting the bathroom. This is when you will weigh the least. If you prefer to weigh in the evening that's ok, too, but always weigh at the same time of day.

I am bored this morning, so I am just lurking around 3FC reading threads I don't usually read. Since I am not on WW, I will just slither back out of this thread and move on. LOL
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:55 AM   #11  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, all and welcome to the new folks!

Thanks, Sun. It's certainly been a very trying few weeks. We are taking a break from timed trying for the next 6 months or so and are just going to let things happen on their own. I need a break. I need to get healthy again. It's been really hard emotionally and honestly, on our marriage. I'm looking forward to no more dr appts, shots, pills, ultrasounds, etc.

I put on 10lbs since Thanksgiving, but it is what it is. I've been eating clean this week. I'm focusing more on the Simply Filling aspect of WW and not counting points. I struggle with eating something because I have the points for it even if I'm not hungry. Portion control is my biggest enemy. I'm trying to focus on the healthy aspect this go round and not so much the number.

We got a puppy and he's definitely kept me active! 8k steps without a workout. That'll help!
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 01:01 PM   #12  

Munchy - Yay for not doing fried chicken and chinese food! That's something to celebrate Your day also doesn't look bad. Champagne is a lot better of a choice than some of the drinks I do when I do drink. I do like to keep a bottle of wine around though. We've got some Riesling that comes out to 2 points plus per glass, so it's my normal go to.

Flickety_switch - I agree with Wannabehealthy. It probably has everything to do with when you weighed yourself. Always, always weigh yourself at the same point during the day, regardless of time zone. Morning, after bathroom time, when naked does give the lowest weight. I know that's what I default to. Plus, if the scale is having a negative effect on your mood, take a break from it. Celebrate the good choices you make instead. Don't turn something positive like getting healthy into a negative experience.

Wannabehealthy - Welcome to our corner of the forums! I personally don't mind anyone posting here, even if they aren't on plan. Heck, a lot of us are on different forms of Weight Watchers anyway

SoMuchFattitude - It's good that you're taking a break from timed trying if that's what you need, and awesome that you can recognize it and address that as being problematic. Yay for getting back on a plan though, and super yay about the new puppy! Little guys are so cute, and definitely high maintenance at first. Especially when you have to get up during the night to let them out for bathroom breaks. What kind of puppy did you get? We eventually want a husky, it's boyfriend's dream dog. However we want to have a house with a large yard and all that first. I look forward to it cause needed to walk the dog (and a husky needs tons of exercise) is going to be a major motivator for me to also get out of the house and exercise. Hopefully by then I can go for long enough spurts to tire out the dog!

Was on plan yesterday. Not doing my daily weigh ins for a while cause seeing my weight over my mini-goal was making me depressed. So I'll just stick to my plan for a bit and then weigh myself for challenges until that's no longer the case.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:01 PM   #13  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Sun - he's a Bull Jack Lab. His name is Huckleberry, but we call him Huck for short. He's only 10 weeks old. Thankfully he sleeps the whole night without any accidents or getting up. It's pretty amazing! lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Huckleberry.jpg (44.7 KB, 6 views)
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:00 PM   #14  

So glad you're back SoMuchFattitude! I totally understand the need to take a break and hope you are feeling a little better in yourself.

You guys were right, I weighed in this morning and I was down 0.6. Hopefully will drop a little more before Sunday. I'm going to stop weighing in between WI days, it affects my mood too much and is counter-productive.

We're having my brother and his wife over for dinner on Saturday night, anyone have any good WW recipes? Looking to make a nice main and a dessert but day before WI so needs to be WW friendly!
Old 01-08-2015, 06:42 PM   #15  

What sort of meals are you looking for Flickety?

Some of my favorites so far -

Thai Chicken Skewers with Peanut Sauce (I like these with green beans cooked in a bit of EVOO, garlic, and low sodium soy sauce)

Buffalo Chicken Nuggets Usually do a side salad with celery and a light blue cheese dressing for those.

BBQ Chicken Tortilla Pizza I put salad and homemade light ranch on the top as the poster of the recipe suggested, nummy times!

Baked Turkey and Jack Cheese Chimichangas

Creamy Italian Chicken and Broccoli This one over egg noodles is pretty awesome.

Desserts I don't have as much stuff. I found this recipe for flour-less brownies the other day, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet and the ingredients looks odd. If you go for it definitely give them a try before serving.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/02/a...-brownies.html

Your puppy is so adorable SoMuchFattitude. I also love the name Huck Good that he's letting you get your sleep too.

Last edited by sunarie; 01-08-2015 at 06:42 PM.