Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 12:00 PM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Davinci Syrup

Either I'm spelling it wrong or totally going to the wrong place. How do you find the site to order this from? Any/all help would be appreciated. Also, are there different flavors and which is good and which isn't ?
Old 02-02-2004, 12:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

I get mine at alacarb.com but I know there are other sites out there that carry it too. I mostly get the vanilla & caramel for my coffee (and their SF Chai yum!) but I like the ones I've tried.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:34 PM   #3  
Head Princess

You may want to do some more checking at local stores, too. They're with the coffee flavorings. If you have a United Grocers in your area - that's the best! They have every flavor AND it costs less than $4 per bottle as opposed to the $6-$8 at other places

I keep a large variety of flavors on hand. Cherry, Egg Nog, Grape, Coconut, Vanilla, Pineapple.... I don't drink coffee very often but I use it for cooking, mixing with diet soda, mixing with alcohol , making snow cones, making shakes with the occasional lc ice cream. I'm betting that you could even blend finely with ice and make a kind of sorbet.....
Old 02-02-2004, 12:53 PM   #4  
Baby Steps

Thanks. I'll check there first. I was looking by the chocolate syrup (for ice cream). lol
Old 02-02-2004, 02:11 PM   #5  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

http://www.davincigourmet.com

So far I've placed 2 orders (and these are the VERY tall bottles by the way). I have never found them in any store near me. The chocolate is very good. But my first order was broken in shipping - and returned to them by UPS. My second order they gave me the sugar free Cherry flavoring when I was really going for the sugared stuff for my dd's sprite soda. But I love the German Choc cake sf, and the Choc sf flavors.
Old 02-02-2004, 02:20 PM   #6  
Mom, Queen of Everything

I can find the small and large bottles in sugarfree hazelnut and vanilla at the Walmart. You may want to check there!
Old 02-02-2004, 08:38 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I've tried the vanilla, hazelnut, eggnog, german chocolate cake, and they are all good. The orange is good but don't use it alot, the gingerbread is gross lol. I just put an order in for Pineapple, vanilla (for my coffee) hazelnut and one other, can't think.

I love em !
Old 02-02-2004, 08:40 PM   #8  
Baby Steps

Ok. Now that I know what flavors you all use...what do you use them all FOR??

Oh, checked at the grocery store and they didn't have Davinci...but Walden Farm had SF, FF, Carb free chocolate syrup. I definitely bought one of those I know I know, if it tastes good it's got to be TOO good to be true. But I think in this case I want to be ignorant. Mainly because they're the same people that make my French dressing. I LOVE french dressing Makes eating salads livable
Old 02-02-2004, 09:54 PM   #9  
Princess in Training

Lady adnerb, I also bought them straight from the davinci website Kim posted.

I highly recommend caramel

I use them anywhere I want to sweeten things-coffee, carbonated water, baking, etc, etc. Lots of recipes call for them

This cookbook is my favorite:
http://www.atkinsbythebook.com/cgi-b...ook/recipe.cgi
Old 02-03-2004, 08:25 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

THATS IT, Caramel thanks Khem... couldn't remember the other flavor I just ordered.

Well I use most of them in my coffee, but the german chocolate one I use in whipped cream ... oh yeah baby. Hubby wants the pineapple to add to his cottage cheese and the Caramel we want to use on ice cream, whipped or coffee
Old 02-03-2004, 10:16 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

I found the sf vanilla davinci syrup at Super Walmart today. It was on the isle with other syrups. They only had that one flavor in sf but it was less then $4 a bottle, so that was nice. I'm gonna try it tomorrow morning in my coffee.

Thanks for the info,
Cathy
Old 02-04-2004, 02:32 PM   #12  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Right now, Cash & Carry (Smart & Final) has them on sale for $2.98/bottle. I have about 10 flavors right now - but I don't use them very often. I use Caramel and Peppermint in my coffee, used Gingerbread in my low-carb pumpkin pie, used raspberry/cherry/huckleberry/grape/rootbeer, etc. in a soda.

I gave them away as Christmas gifts, too. Hmmm... maybe I'll go stock up.
Closed Thread